on 11 January 2014
So kenn is the twelfth keeper. Don't know what that entails exactly? Me neither and I've read two books. Don't get me wrong this book isn't bad but it isn't good either. I think the aim of the author was to write something marginally dystopian, unfortunately the back story (which had some good imagination behind it) is totally over shadowed by a piss poor romance which could have been written under any plot line. I got reasonable enjoyment out of the first book. Yes, I thought it focused a little too heavily on the romance and on Kennedy's delusion but I figured it would be the first book of a trilogy or the such like and the first book just set the scene - because not a lot else happened. This book - she loves him, she doesn't love him, she loves him, she doesn't blah blah. Do you get the point?
It's a shame because romances are 10 a penny, and good dystopian stories aren't.
And why is the romance bad? She's supposed to be strong, a leader etc etc. So she has absolutely no faith that this guy loves her even though he practically writes it in stars. She's passive and frankly irritating, with the poor guy doing all the running.
And the ending. What actually happened? There is no scene setting, no real explanation, no encouragement of imagination at all. And the characters? Marginal interest or even mention, bar Matilda.
Now I'm not sure what every other reviewer on here has read. Especially with comments such as 'amazing' and 'wow'. I'm thinking yet another book on amazon has been hit with fake reviewer-itis.
I'm not saying don't read this book, but be warned, it has serious flaws.
on 25 October 2013
Ok, so I love this series but I have to drop a star cos I think the story isn't quite long enough. A little more development is needed. There's not enough about the world in which Kennedy lives; the move between pheonix refusing to fall for her and then being besotted by her was too immediate in the first book and, in this one, they're madly in love though seem to have spent very little time with each other; sub characters and her role as a keeper I'm given pretty much nothing on; and the finale feels kinda sprung on me. Yes, the threat looming over earth is mentioned throughout but I got no real sense of who this enemy was and felt no urgency or edge of the seat impending terror at any point. Am looking forward to next book, though. An enjoyable easy read with likeable characters.
on 5 July 2013
This was a good second book. Now we know more about the characters, they are becoming more alive. However like the first book, this would have been much better if it had been longer, exploring the plot in more detail. Minor incidents seem to be written about more than major ones.
Kennedy and Phoenix 's journey as keepers continues. Kennedy learns more about her powers and begins to develop them, visiting her family in the beginning eventually returning to training. Her and Phoenix 's relationship goes through changes too. The book ends on a cliffhanger.
It's a really good series. I just hope the next one(s) are longer and more detailed.
on 11 January 2015
Not as gripping as the first book and the romantic misunderstandings were starting to get annoying, this series has dropped from a 5 star to 4 stars for me. It is still good and I am looking forward to the third book, and hope the author will show off more of her other characters as well, especially the keepers.
on 28 March 2014
I tend to dislike the second book in a series as more often than not it becomes a filler until the third book. However I thought Centre of the Universe was a fantastic sequel. I enjoyed getting to know the other characters a little more and the relationships between them. I also liked how Kennedy's confidence grew and she became a stronger person. I love Matilda! I'm definitely looking forward to the third book coming out.
on 18 August 2013
I really liked this book and am keen to read the next one. The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I found it quite difficult to get back in to and it seemed rather slow to start with. I think it would be better read immediately after book one, where the characters will still be fresh in your mind so the character relationships make more sense thrown in at the beginning. This is definately one to read as a series not a stand alone and it's dissapointing that Amazon have no mention of a third book coming. If a third book is written (and i have no doubt the intention is there) I will be buying it.

From around half way through the storyline and excitement really picks up and the book ends on a real cliffhanger. I'm a little confused as to why they assume it is Fang at the end but hopefully the next book will make it clearer. It already promises to start with more action than the last one.
on 4 January 2014
This second book is as good as the first and continues the story well. The characters continue on the same line and the major storyline develops well with an interesting ending. Worth reading and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
on 5 August 2013
Loved it! Couldn't put it down until I have finished both books. Anybody knows when the third one is coming out? Loved everything in it: the romance, the tension, Ken and Phoenix. Absolutely breathtaking! It's a must read book!!!
on 8 April 2014
I bought the first book in this series 2 days ago and have just finished wished this one. To say I was totally absorbed and captivated by these book is an understatement. From the moment I started reading these books I just could not put them down, and when I had to they still preoccupied my mind. Would definitely recommend them to anyone
on 28 February 2014
I actually thoroughly enjoyed this book ( which is the second in the series. A third one has been promised and I can't wait to pick it up! I would definately recommend it if you like dystopian young adult novels like divergent or the mortal instruments.

I did feel like the action was a little bit rushed But its a minor point.