5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product
Bought these for playing football in and they are fantastic. I'm a medium size (moving between a 32-34 waist) and the medium fits perfectly round the waist and coming just above the knee. I've since bought 2 pairs with the 2nd coming 2 days after I placed the order. Great product, fast delivery.
Published on 15 Dec 2010 by D. Mckechnie

I'm a waist size 32-34 and went for the medium size based on other reviews, I have fairly muscular legs and the shorts fit well and look pretty good when on. But for me it isn't about how they look, its about what they do.

Published on 7 Feb 2012 by T1

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 15 Dec 2010
D. Mckechnie (Scotland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money but wish i spent a bit more £ on a better pair !, 7 Feb 2012

I am 70% pleased with the purchase and the shorts will be useful in training etc but if I saw these in the shops I would have not been tempted by the price tag to buy them and would look for something better, I have taken a long time to shop around on line for a good deal as compression shorts prices seem to range from £15 - £100 and I feel I fell victim of reading positive reviews about these shorts from people who have nothing to compare them too.

I also have a pair of Nike Pro full length tights that have a thicker stickier wet suit type of material that stays in place and you can feel the muscles being squeezed and these weren't that much more expensive than the ones here and worth the extra money.

The shorts I just received offer very little in terms of compression, don't get me wrong, yes they hug your legs and feel tight against the body but they do not compress.....there is a difference!

The elastic waist band also works its way down your body as you walk around (this is not because I brought the wrong size but due to the material is silky and the waist band is not elastic enough)

If you main goal is to stay warmer during sport or to have less movement in the manhood department then these will be a great choice for the great value that they are. If your goal is to help prevent injuries, recovery, aid circulation, performance etc, then please go spend a lil more and avoid feeling disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality & performance at a very good price., 1 May 2011
These were bought for me by my wife as I have an abdominal hernia and needed some support for running.
The fit is perfect, support is very good and the quality and performance of the product is excellent. In fact I would say the quality and performance match that of a more expensive 'armour' manufacturer at a more reasonable price.
I will be ordering another pair soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars sub sports, 28 Jan 2011
Doing a lot of high mileage training for our local marathon has given me some aches and pains in my hamstring so i thought i would give these compression shorts a try,after a couple of runs i purchased an other pair, compression is great and value for money fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Compression Fit shorts, 11 Feb 2010
Russell Rice "Ricey155" (Coventry UK) - See all my reviews
ive owned Under Armour and now sub armour, these are cheaper but quality isn't, these are my second pair im a 34" waist and i feel the medium size is just the job fit nice, i have another pair in black large size again fit well but medium is better for a 6ft2" male who does plenty of gym work slim build

came extremely quickly - so very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Sub Sports Compression Shorts Review, 31 May 2013
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I've started to do a lot of running out in the countryside and the one thing you need in the right clothing and footwear. The correct trainers are essential and for shorts i picked these. Body defining but gives the advantage of keeping you warm down to your knees. Fully elasticated and durable material that sticks close to your body. Perhaps a little more material could have been placed around the "crown jewel" area but apart from that the shape is spot on. Could quite easily wear these playing a whole variety of sports including cycling, football and any outdoor activity i guess. Easy to wash and retains colour, shape and size. One word of advice is if you plan on wearing underwear underneath then best choose something minimalist otherwise it can become uncomfortable with the excess material between these shorts and your skin.

Pros: gives excellent support during my running sessions and keeps me warm, because it doesn't go below the knee it doesn't restrict movement, feels sturdy and quality

Cons: Wearing anything but the most minimalist of underwear underneath feels uncomfortable so chose with care.

VERDICT: essential for running, exercising or indeed any form of outdoor activity in my view, they are well made and provide excellent support and warmth as well as the other benefits the manufacturer claims. I intend to purchase the version which goes down to your ankles for the winter months but until then these will work brilliantly!

Great for Running and outdoor activities in general!

4.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy set of shorts, 8 Aug 2012
These shorts are my new best friend. Sadly what lets them down is the waistband (which may be more to do with my overhanging gut) is annoying when every time you bend down it rolls down (not a massive flaw but still annoying if you wear them regularly). However I have overcome this in two separate ways. 1) Use the drawstring of my actual shorts/jogging bottoms to keep it from rolling down (it still does but now tends to flick back up on its own). and 2) I later bought the matching top and if you wear the top over the waistband assuming the top is tight enough it will keep the waistband from rolling down so far in my experience 100%. So now that out of the way...I wear these regularly but have recently started playing for a 5 a-side team and the two go hand in hand together (and despite my lack of fitness early on) I have yet to be troubled with cramp after wearing these. I started playing as an unwilling Goalkeeper and these shorts have stood up to sliding and diving without even the slightest nick or scrape. In fact the only thing that is showing any sign that they're not brand new is the 'SUB' logo on the lower thigh, which is hardly even worth noting. All of the stitching is still in tact and there isn't even a hint of loose thread damage to the seams. Oh and another slight draw back but one that again doesn't make too much difference, they're slightly longer than 'just above the knee' in the XXL size, which is easily solved and I have had the same problem with my Wetsuit for Sailing and Windsurfing, which leads me to believe this is just the length of my leg rather than anything to do with the manufacturer.

All in all a very sturdy product with so far a good life span and very high quality for the price I paid. I have also bought another pair in the XL size and am sat by my door eagerly awaiting their arrival, to see if this remedies my two issues!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality, 11 Oct 2010
Bought a pair a few days ago for my husband who plays ammature rugby league, and he said they are fantastic, excellent quality material and breathable. Fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 16 Oct 2013
I have now bought three pairs of these. They are a really good fit, with enough compression to keep everything in place and prevent any thigh chaffing on longer runs. Impressed with the quality, and will be buying a few more Sub Sports base layer items for winter training.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor quality - falling apart after two runs, 9 Aug 2014
Really disappointed with the quality of the product. Fit was great (40" waist, height 6ft 4 ins, so XXL was ideal). Felt very comfortable to wear however, when I came to try to use them for the third time, the waistband is coming away from main body of the shorts and the logo is somehow managing to peel off, as though it was stuck on rather than printed. Item has been washed as per instructions which makes it all the more annoying having gone to the effort. Two defects in one product is enough for me not to give this brand a second chance
Perhaps I was swayed with the funky colours, a real shame as I wanted to like this product
Am in the process of doing a drop off at an Amazon collect point and having a refund applied to my credit card. I will be trying the Ultrasport equivalent, which may not look as good but at least offers a zip pocket for keys, and will write a review on those when they arrive