on 15 September 2013
Not a bad book but ruined by the short outline at the beginning which tells you the outcome before you even get the story
on 28 September 2013
I have lived in a couple of towns featured in this book and so I know some of the places mentioned. If you are from Yorkshire and a fan of true crime then this is well worth a read. It is amazing how many people who have been given short prison terms for killing someone have gone on to kill again after being released!
on 22 April 2014
quite a good read book for anyone interested in historical murders committed in Yorkshire. Some I had read before, but this book goes into a little more detail than some of the other books.
on 3 January 2014
The cases in this book are very little-known, how these people 'escaped' to murder again is beyond the knowledge of myself. I found the book absolutely brilliant, written in a language that is very simple and straightforward. I will certainly be looking for more from the same author.
on 25 September 2013
The author tells the factual stories well. He gives the reader facts and figures of the crimes and has taken the time to photograph the sites of the murders. Well researched. My criticism is the typing/ printing errors. Not proof read I suspect?
on 17 February 2014
Really enjoyed this book looking at true crime in Yorkshire it's was hard to put down and I have never heard of a lot of the cases. It was a great read I shall be reading more from the series.
on 2 April 2015
I had no idea of the amount of blood and Gore.... with courts giving low prison sentences despite the angst these people suffered at the hands of those who killed for peanuts
on 12 November 2014
Incorrect details given, so hence only 1 star, in fact if I could have given half a star I would have done so. I wouldn't recommend this book to anybody
on 20 December 2013
I would recommend this to anyone who likes reading about crime as this book was a brilliant read with different stories that keep you reading on
on 7 November 2013
However, it was driving me nuts that there were a lot of errors in the writing. All in all though it was a really good read.