on 28 August 2013
this is an excellent machine. I have followed the recipe in the instruction manual and they come out perfect every single time.
on 7 January 2015
Love it love it love it as do my kids !!! Really easy to use . Just getting used to how much batter to use with each different recipe . Really great product at an exceptional price .
on 7 September 2013
It was sufficient for my waffly needs. I ate so many waffles i was sick. Im buying another one for my car
22 comments|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2014
Oh good god, where do I start. This machine is basically going to be solely responsible for me carrying around an extra stone of timber by new year, I reckon. Of course, this timber will be accompanied by a broad grin, though. Not a day goes by when I don't wonder 'can I waffle that?' when looking at a food item or wondering what to cook for my dinner/breakfast/lunch/supper/snack/whatever. It's criminally easy. And you can cook basically anything in one of these.. sweet waffles, savoury waffles, banana bread, cookies, bacon, eggs, potato rosti.. that's just the start. If you don't own a waffle machine, and you like eating food, then you should pop out and get one. Today.
Now, coming to this specific waffle machine.. I was really unsure which one to buy when I was shopping on here for one. There are many with good reviews and some come with a bag of premixed batter powder, too (which can seem like a lure, but actually means you can't design your own batter to your tastes, so it could possibly be a negative, depending on whether you're a creative type or someone who's perpetually in a hurry). I decided on this one because the reviews said it was sturdily built, and I wanted something that would last as opposed to some piece of plastic tat that would be dead by 2016.
I was not disappointed. For the price you pay on here, this is a ridiculously good piece of kit. Solid, heavy, no complicated pieces or bits that might break off. You know as soon as you get this out the box that it will be a stalwart of your kitchen sideboard for many years to come. Me and my waffle machine are almost inseparable now. Long may that continue!
33 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2013
My daughter has been after a waffle maker for a long time but at £70+ for a decent one, we forgot about getting one, until I spotted this one for £14.99. I have to admit I was worried about the quality of this waffle maker for the price, but all my worries disappeared once we opened the box. A well made maker looks stylish too, infact on the back of the guide it says made for Habitat so must be good quality. My daughter was worried about the strong plastic smell it had before use, but if you follow the instructions on how to get rid of the smell before using its fine and disappears instantly. She made potato waffles first, all 4 came out golden brown and cooked through (one word of warning don't overfill the sections the lid pops off the front lock if you do), but we held the lid down for the 4 minutes and bingo perfect waffles. Today she made sweet waffles, she didn't overfill the slots and the lid stayed down, all 4 waffles came out perfect and were easy to get out of the maker just like the first batch. Its quite bulky so you would need a bit of space to store it but all in all for a cheap maker go for it, much better than shop bought waffles. We bought a book called Waffles from another seller to go with this, lots of great ideas for sweet and savoury waffles. Both sellers were very quick to deliver the items. We are very happy.
55 comments|126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for the family. 2 days of waffles and we are very happy. Easy to use. Comes with recipes in the instructions. Also easy to find other recipes on Google.
on 17 July 2013
Loving it, just what I always wanted and the price was great, we are going to get very fat eating yummy waffles.
on 4 August 2015
I am very Happy with VonShef Waffle maker!First time was successful!I found waffle recipes on the Internet.its a great fun to make waffles!:)
review image
on 26 March 2015
Love love love this, it is brilliant, cheap and delivery was super fast.

Some people have complained about it the catch breaking, I can see how this happens as it does pop open when it first stars cooking. I didn't realise at first that it has to levels on the catch, I initially have it on the tightest setting then the batter starts "talking/screaming" to you (you'll see what mean if you get one) then it pops open and I close it down on the looser setting.

This is an ideal waffle maker for a family as you can make four at a time and if you over make you can freeze them and then just pop them in the toaster to defrost and heat up and you have a quick and easy snack!

Like I said earlier love love love this product!
on 15 May 2016
Fantastic item. Small enough to be stored easily yet makes full sized waffles. Easy to use, can not fault it. As a side note, for those people who down rated it because the batter oozed out? You put too much in, can not blame an item for your stupid!!