5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!
This is the best thing I ever bought.
I have used it with iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod Nano 5, Android Phones and other gadgets.
I works perfectly. I usually recharge it after 3-4 days. In this period I can recahrge my phone 4-5 times and other gadgets according to my needs.
Published 18 months ago by Dragos

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly useless
After working well for a brief period this is now little more use than a paper weight. Without exaggeration, it take nearly two days to fully charge and then will only add around 15% charge to both my Samsung or iPhone. Very disappointed as I thought by paying a little extra I would have a quality piece of kit. Avoid!
Published 11 months ago by D. J. Pridmore

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!!!, 7 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Anker ® 2nd Gen Astro2 Batteria Esterna Portatile da 9600mh con PowerIQ Technology, 2 Porte USB per iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy e altri smartphone e tablet(adattatore lightning non incluso) (Electronics)
This is the best thing I ever bought.
The only thing that is a bit of a problem is its size and weight. You can not use it in you front pocket. I carry it in my jacket. It has the same size as an iPhone but it is much more heavier and thicker

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly useless, 16 Jun. 2014
D. J. Pridmore "Frigate Commander" (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE, Chargers devices extremely slow, not worth it!, 11 Dec. 2013
Delivery was again prompt from AnkerDirect, it arrived exactly when they said it would. No faults here.

Upon opening the Amazon parcel, you are greeted with a lovely presented box, eco friendly, and very well made, sturdy enough to protect the product inside. Inside the Anker box, you will find the Astro2 charger, a nice pouch to hold the charger and an accessory box which contains the micro usb cable along with an adaptor to fit the 30 pin connectors for older gen Iphones/Ipods/Ipads etc. Unfortunately you do not get a Lightning connector, so those with a new Iphone/Ipad/Ipod, you'd need to purchase an adaptor separately. Other things in the box include little instruction manuals/warranty card.

Straight out the box you can pretty much start charging your device(s)

I plugged in the Astro2 into my Nexus 5 and shook the charger to enable charging (very nice feature). Shaking the charger also brings up the battery circle which tells you how much juice the charger has left, it has increments of 10%, which is represented by the lights remaining. 10 lights in total, which is great, most other chargers are very vague in how much power is actually left in the charger, mostly with increments of 25%.

I plugged my phone into the "Smart" USB port, which is meant to charge any device at its maximum speed. There is the other port which is labelled "Universal". Unsure why it is labelled as such, as the Smart port pretty much charges anything at full speed anyway.

Either way, you have two ports, with a total output of 4A, which is pretty much capable of charging an Ipad + a smart phone both at full speed.

I will update this section with charge rate statistics once my battery measures this.

The Astro2 itself is quite a weighty item, I don't believe it's something you would carry in your pocket..unless you really needed to. It's something you would put in your bag on long journeys. The feel of the device is fantastic, because of the weight, it has a solid feel to it, it is covered in the rubberised coating material, not too rubbery, but enough for a nice feel and grip when handling. Rounded sides mean it feels nicer to hold, smooth surface all the way around is a nice design.

Size wise, I would say its a bit smaller than an older Iphone, Iphone 4 perhaps, smaller in terms of shorter, width wise the same, but it is quite deep, almost twice the depth of a smartphone.

Overall, it does exactly what it is meant to do, and does it well. I cannot recommend this product enough, it can save you at times of great need on long journeys, it's always good to know that you have spare power if you ever need to make an important phone call.

UPDATE: Oct 2014

9 months since purchasing this, using about 2 times a week, the charging ability of it has reduced quite a lot, it no longer is able to charge my Nexus 5 at full speed, 1.2amps. I am getting poor charging rates of around 400ma, which is terrible. At full speed, it takes about 1hr30 to get to full charge on my Nexus 5. Now, it takes over 4 times as long. Using exactly the same cable as I was before etc, and have also tested on my Ipad2/Nexus 4, both get slow rates of charge. I'm amending my review to 1 stars, as it was great while it was working OK. Though obviously not reliable if it breaks after 9 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Jun. 2014
Had the product for a while and only just used up all of its charge. It now won't charge up again-very disappointed with this product and would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, well made and performs well, 4 Sept. 2013
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought this Anker Second Generation Astro 2 9000mAh charger to use with my three key devices - a 3rd Generation iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3(7") and Nokia Lumia 520 Windows Smartphone.

Pros
- In the box you get battery pack, a USB to Micro USB lead plus an Apple connector (pre Lightning version), case, clear instructions, and importantly support details including a UK 0800 support line plus a feedback invitation from Anker. The whole package is very neat and well thought through.
- The quality of the battery pack and accessories looks very good - the battery pack is finished in a rubberised coating and has a very clever LED indicator which shows charging status and the level of charge.
- There are just three ports and no switches on this device - two USB charging ports - one of which is a Smart Port optimised for iPad and iPhone. The other port is the charging port for the battery pack - you can use the USB lead supplied for charging either from a PC or USB mains charger.
- This device charges my devices very effectively - charging is quite quick it will charge my Lumia 520 in a couple hours and my iPad from near flat in 4-5 hours but it is usable after a much shorter time. I get one charge for the iPad and say 4-5 charges for my Lumia 520 phone.

Cons

- None I can see - this product is immaculately presented, well built and represents excellent value for money.

One comment I would make is that like any battery pack the length of time that it takes to charge it will vary according the capacity of the USB charger you use - for the shortest charging time I'd use a high capacity mains charger. Anker are being practical and ecologically minded by not supplying a mains charger as most homes will now have several, and, the iPad charger or that from my Samsung tablet both work well.

Few products I bought recently have pleased me as much as this one from Anker and it's a battery pack! Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet from Anker, 8 Sept. 2013
I received this after I got back from holiday a week or so ago. With one week of use, I have been very impressed. The battery is robust and has a lovely matt feel to it.

I was after something with a little more capacity and whilst I have only really used this for my iPhone 5 so far, there are a number of uses. It's dual port allows you to charge two devices simultaneously. Give the device a little shake and it lights up revealing how much of it's own charge is left. The battery turns itself off when it has fully charged the attached device. I got just over 4 full charges from it straight from the box. I have only charged it once and that was via a Mac USB port. It took quite a while (over 4 hours), although I suspect that it would be much quicker when directly plugged into the mains. I love the Anker range of batteries as I have so many devices that rely on charging. Perfect for so many things. They are always part of my packing when going away - less hassle than travel adaptors etc. Another nice addition by Anker on this battery is the carry case that comes with it. All round a very good product.

Edit - I have since had the chance to test the battery on my iPad too. It charges as quick as being plugged into the mains. Very impressive power. Don't leave home without one!

1.0 out of 5 stars Over Promised Under Delivered, 31 May 2014
The promise of this product is great. It can efficiently charge your iPhone to full up to five times and the first few times I used it, it did exactly that.

HOWEVER, after recharging twice, it just stopped working. I'd seen a few reviews saying this but I ignored because I also saw a lot of positive reviews. The problem is, people review the product after receiving it, not after having it 30 days. The warranty is also only 30 days - probably because it works for about 30 days.

My experience was just as I began to rely on the product it stopped working (before a long flight). Very frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars In terms of our use it worked nicely, but sometimes I was a bit aware that ..., 4 Aug. 2014
I bought this as a partner to the Anker 40W USB charger I bought a while ago. We took it on a 3 week tour of South Africa and it performed very well indeed, in a variety of different conditions and various circumstances. The feel of the unit is really solid and the gauge seemed very accurate.

We were using GPS on our phones a lot as well as mobile internet, so we used this device almost every day to boost our kit mid-afternoon, then charged it with the Anker 40W unit overnight. In terms of our use it worked nicely, but sometimes I was a bit aware that there is a finite limit to the battery so if I had to advise someone I would suggest possibly considering the bigger unit, but in terms of doing what it is supposed to this is a great bit of kit.

The added bonus for us was the lead used to charge it can be reversed to power any micro-usb device (in our case the mobile internet).... one less lead to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product, 20 Feb. 2014
Anker charged to 100%... charged samsung s3 from flat to 100% in 1 hour and 40 min...85% left on anker..brilliant product, bit weighty but packs a lot of power...cant faul this product...so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still my charger of choice after almost a year's use, 18 Mar. 2015
A really excellent charger which I've been using for a year now for my iPad Air and iPhone5s. It still works perfectly with very minor cosmetic wear and tear (due to being battered about in my bag). I now use this as the only charger I take when I go on long flights or on business trips for the following reasons:

1 - It's reasonably compact, it's not a brick that ends up weighing more than your actual devices
2 - It's got a decent amount of charge inside, certainly enough to power my iPhone up several times with a bit left over for my iPad
3 - iPhone charging is fast
4 - It looks good, as with other Anker products some thought has gone into the design

Anker is a Chinese company that at least in the UK only seems to sell on Amazon. I seriously recommend giving their range of products a look, they are well made and the price is pretty good too.