5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book. I highly recommend
Sometimes when I finish a book that rocks my world I am desperate to get my review out there. I want everyone to know how good it is so that they too can experience everything I have just experienced. But I know if I rush to write my review it will just be gibberish in my haste to get the words out. So I have taken a day since finishing Escape from Paradise to sort out...
Published 14 months ago by Claire's Book Corner

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the laughable scottish accent!
Well there is good and bad about this book. It's a captiving storyline which is dark and for the most part engrossing - paricularly the first 2/3rds.

For me it falls down in a few areas. I can't not comment on Colin's Edinburgh accent. OMG it's dire. I am Edinburgh born and bred and, trust me, we DO NOT speak like that. Colin is supposedly from a well to do...
Published 14 months ago by LiviMum

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG..................!!!!!!!!!!!, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
This book really played with my mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not put it down just like (captive in the dark which was three books ) there was so much in this book...........I really really recommend this book if I could I would give it TEN stars............

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and romantic, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I was looking for something following finishing the dark duet books, it didn't hold me quite as much as they did but it had a great story line. The beginning was a little weak, so stick with it

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read!, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book as I have others like it! Gritty, hard hitting books such at this, although difficult to read at times, demonstrate the true talents of the novelist and remind us all of the undesirable criminal underbelly that exists in this "perfect" world that we live in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put this down., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
Well I haven't rated a book 5 star in quite a while but this definitely gets the full 5 star and goes on to my favourites shelf.

It very much reminded me of the dark duet which is also on my favourites shelf, the theme is the same but it was different enough for me to adore it too in its own right. It's a bit dark in its subject matter, sexual slavery isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I thought it was a fantastic read. All the more as its a stand alone book and just got on witht the story. It's not overly descriptive, just long enough and I love the fact that it concluded. I'm getting so tired of every romance book having a sequel or a trilogy. This is brilliant. My next read will have a tough act to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Escape from Paradise, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
Gwendolyn, for something out of your comfort zone I thought you wrote a fantastic story. I've read a few dark books but this one stood out for the disturbing way Angela depended on the lifestyle she was captive.
You could really see how Angela changed from a young sorority sister to sex slave within the writing, how she matured ( not sure that's the right word for it ) and chose to LIVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
Great debut from Gwendolyn Field.

Whilst on Spring Break in Cancun, Angela is kidnapped and taken to Spain and ends up living in a beautiful paradise with Marco and his 4 other sex slaves. Angela is broken down, humiliated and forced to live a life of servitude.

Scottish Special Agent Colin, is tasked with finding her and bringing her back to her parents but in order to do so has to infiltrate Marco's paradise and become one of the very men he despises.

When Angela and Colin meet, they are conflicted in their feelings, it shouldn't feel good but it does.

I really enjoyed this book, it was disturbingly erotic in places and although there were a few typos it didn't detract me from the story at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Plus, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
5 Star Plus, Amazing, Dark and Sexy!!
You know when you pick a book up, start reading then have to stop to deal with everyday life and you get that agitated feeling that you need to get back to that story, well this was one of them.
To say I liked this would be an under statement, I loved it.
not too fast paced but exciting, keeping me gripped till the end, it tells the disturbing story of a Angela a young 20 year old girl who secretly goes on a short break to Mexico with her girlfriends without telling her parents.
There she meets Fernando a gorgeous Mexican guy who invites her to his club with her friends on her last night.
With her friends pre-occupied she goes outside to say goodbye to Fernando.
When she wakes up she is trapped on a boat in the middle of the ocean and she realises pretty quick that her life as Angela will no longer exist.
I don't want to give too much away with this story.
If you like a story on the darker side, exciting and sexy, you will love this.....
This is the first Gwendolyn Fields novel I have come across and on this standard of writing I expect big things happening for this author in the future...

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!!!, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
Escape to Paradise follows Angela as, unbeknown to her parents, she sets off on holiday to Mexico with her friends. They enjoy a typical girly week of fun in the sun until the last night of the holiday when an error of judgement on Angela’s part sets in motion a sequence of events which will alter the course of her and her families lives forever....

Colin Douglas has not had it easy in life, having to face tragic events which have made him into the man he is today – cold, severe and utterly irresistible!! He is called upon to help with the search for the missing Angela, whom many have given up on ever being found alive. For his rescue attempt to be successful, Colin must put his own life on the line and opens his heart to feelings he never realised he was capable of.

I don’t want to give too much away regarding the story, just get to reading this as soon as you can. If you love captive/slave stories, then you will love this, the story never drags, is sexy and very easily read and kept me hooked with its twists and turns right to the end.

I highly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed about half of this book. I really enjoyed the Captive in the Dark series and Consequences series, so I can't help but compare this book to them. Maybe this book was too dark but it felt like there was something missing. Also the Scottish character was not the best written! His dialogue was a bit off! The book jumped ahead in sections and just talked about how the main female character had changed to adapt to her surroundings and left me wondering what had gone on. For once I felt the dual point of view in telling the story just didn't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone must read this, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Escape From Paradise (Kindle Edition)
I didn't think I could read another novel as good as Captive in the Dark. I WAS WRONG! Gwen is truly and utterly a fantastic author. From page 1 I was hooked. This book has no boundaries, it's raw and unnerving. All the characters came to life, Gwens descriptions of them placing faces in my mind. She doesn't hold back any punches and this is what I loved about her writing. Excellent.

Escape From Paradise