Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.15

on 2 October 2013
Sometimes you are lucky enough to find a book that really is worth reading and this is one of those books. If you enjoyed FSOG and Captive in the Dark then you will definitely like this book. I'll say no more as I might spoil it for you. Enjoy!

And full marks to Gwendolyn! If I could give this work more stars then I would...
on 16 June 2014
Brilliant story of a young, intelligent, all American beauty, who makes the single mistake of falling for a handsome guy in a coffee shop whilst on an illicit holiday with her friends in Mexico. Meeting him later at a club with her friends, she feels safe and allows him to seduce her. She is then brutally raped and rapidly reduced to slavery. We follow her through all the traumas and trials of her being beaten, broken and acclimatised, forced into the inevitable acceptance of her situation. Fortunately for her, there is a man who has also suffered terribly in life, enough to make him able to go so deep undercover that he manages to infiltrate the inner circles of the people that hold her. This is a really well written, completely engaging story that had me absolutely gripped from start to finish.
on 2 July 2013
5 Star Plus, Amazing, Dark and Sexy!!
You know when you pick a book up, start reading then have to stop to deal with everyday life and you get that agitated feeling that you need to get back to that story, well this was one of them.
To say I liked this would be an under statement, I loved it.
not too fast paced but exciting, keeping me gripped till the end, it tells the disturbing story of a Angela a young 20 year old girl who secretly goes on a short break to Mexico with her girlfriends without telling her parents.
There she meets Fernando a gorgeous Mexican guy who invites her to his club with her friends on her last night.
With her friends pre-occupied she goes outside to say goodbye to Fernando.
When she wakes up she is trapped on a boat in the middle of the ocean and she realises pretty quick that her life as Angela will no longer exist.
I don't want to give too much away with this story.
If you like a story on the darker side, exciting and sexy, you will love this.....
This is the first Gwendolyn Fields novel I have come across and on this standard of writing I expect big things happening for this author in the future...
on 26 September 2013
Found this such an emotional roller coaster read.. Absolutely loved it, only reason I have given it 4 stars insteD of 5 is because I felt the ending was pretty rushed but apart from that I did enjoy the book
on 12 September 2015
Really enjoyed this book read it cover to cover with out putting it down, I've been meaning to read this one for some time and so glad I finally found the time to read it , looking forward to more from this author
Great debut from Gwendolyn Field.

Whilst on Spring Break in Cancun, Angela is kidnapped and taken to Spain and ends up living in a beautiful paradise with Marco and his 4 other sex slaves. Angela is broken down, humiliated and forced to live a life of servitude.

Scottish Special Agent Colin, is tasked with finding her and bringing her back to her parents but in order to do so has to infiltrate Marco's paradise and become one of the very men he despises.

When Angela and Colin meet, they are conflicted in their feelings, it shouldn't feel good but it does.

I really enjoyed this book, it was disturbingly erotic in places and although there were a few typos it didn't detract me from the story at all.
on 13 July 2013
Well I haven't rated a book 5 star in quite a while but this definitely gets the full 5 star and goes on to my favourites shelf.

It very much reminded me of the dark duet which is also on my favourites shelf, the theme is the same but it was different enough for me to adore it too in its own right. It's a bit dark in its subject matter, sexual slavery isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I thought it was a fantastic read. All the more as its a stand alone book and just got on witht the story. It's not overly descriptive, just long enough and I love the fact that it concluded. I'm getting so tired of every romance book having a sequel or a trilogy. This is brilliant. My next read will have a tough act to follow.
on 15 July 2013
I loved this book as I have others like it! Gritty, hard hitting books such at this, although difficult to read at times, demonstrate the true talents of the novelist and remind us all of the undesirable criminal underbelly that exists in this "perfect" world that we live in.
on 18 September 2013
Crikey this book doesn't hold back any details, I love these dark and disturbing books, call me depraved I don't care, but by Christ I find when books as dark as this are written as well as this then you absolutely cannot be immune to a great piece of skilled writing at bringing such an horrific subject to life and do it so well.

This is darker than dark, it is also a kaleidoscope of intense situations and emotions. It in no way romanticises slavery and capture but at the same time fully delivers a strong romance. It hits all the squirm worthy parts of your physce, also the tearful and sensual parts too. Excellently written and certainly an author that I will read a lot in the future.

Oh I must mention the scottish accent because yes it had me laughing a bit too, hearing someone with a bit of dark side and posing to be a dominant master keep calling someone lassie - well, it's kind off laughable - all I kept picturing was that loveable collie dog every time I read that word! Sorry Gwendolyn!
on 19 July 2013
This book really played with my mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not put it down just like (captive in the dark which was three books ) there was so much in this book...........I really really recommend this book if I could I would give it TEN stars............