5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s
Published 3 months ago by Paul Spector

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful: Does not fit docking stations.
Published 1 month ago by G. A. Bundy

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply the only choice for a 5/5s, 21 July 2014
I did a surprising amount of research when looking for a new case for my iPhone 5. I had previously had a hard 'clip on the back' case from incipio that had served me reasonably well. Unfortunately over time it had broken and I had even taken to gluing it back together because I liked it so much. I should not have delayed buying a new case as this offering from Spigen is fantastic.

I'm a self confessed 'phone dropper' and so when looking for a new case I decided that I needed to beef up the protection somewhat. From having looked at a lot of the market I have seen that the better protection the more clunky the case - I'm looking at you 'Otterbox defender'. However this case offers pretty good protection in a wonderfully petite package.

In terms of protection - The TPU with spiderweb design and the air cushion technology in the corners along with the combination of a hard poly-carbide back plate all amount to pretty awesome shock and drop protection. I have seen a number of drop test videos where the case literally has been thrown down concrete steps and the phone remains undamaged. I have dropped it myself onto my patio - not deliberately of course - and the phone is completely fine.

But the case really comes through in its design - It really is beautiful. The button covers are a tour de force (overly dramatic I hear you say, but well deserved I assure you) and the angled sides actually exacerbate the original design of the iPhone itself. Some reviews hated the back cut out but I find it actually to be really quite a nice design feature. The lay on the table aspect is excellent and sure to save you from scratches when laying it face down somewhere as we so often do. The bottom is fairly open and I have an oversize 3rd party lightning connector that fits beautifully. The weight came in at 31g on one review I watched and it actually gives the rather waif-like iPhone a pleasingly nice solid feel in my opinion.

Also a note on color: I bought the smooth black and I really think it is the best if you have a black iPhone. The slate color has a blue-ish tinge to it and doesn't really match either the iPhone 5 or 5s, so I would strongly suggest the black.

All in all this review is far longer than I had originally intended and I'm sure you all think I need to get out more - I hope this helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this as an extra for my phone in the work environment, does exactly what it is intended to do without making the phone look cheap, excellent item and well worth the outlay

5.0 out of 5 stars Ive tried them all...., 13 Aug 2014
Ive tried them all, flip cases, silicone skins, hard plastic cases, but ive never been satisfied with any of them, they all have there faults which quickly become obvious so again, after lots of searching i came accross this armoured case, and decided to go for it, and what can i say, its fantastic, it has a very sturdy feel to it, very robust, i was going for the offer on this case, the ultra black for £7.99 but after reading a few reviews about it here i decided to take the advice and go with the smooth black instead, mainly because the black ultra version had a blue tint to it and i wanted black so opted to pay full price for the smooth black, the ultra also scratches very easily where as the smooth black has a protective coating, well worth the £15 i paid for the smooth black, the delivery was early too, so my advice is if you are looking for a stylish, hard, robust protective case for your iPhone 5s then look no further, this light weight armoured case is perfect and compliments the iPhone 5s and its external features, im sure, like me, you wont be dissappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Careful: Does not fit docking stations., 27 Aug 2014
G. A. Bundy (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SPIGEN SGP iPhone 5S/5 Case Tough Armor Series - Metal Slate SGP10490 (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This looks good on my phone. I am sure my phone is well protected by it. It serves it's purpose. One thing you need to be careful of is falling into the trap that I did. The photos for this item do not accurately represent the bottom configuration. In fact, I would say that it mis-represents the facts. If you have docking stations on your systems around the house and expect to just need a 30-pin to lightning adaptor (as I did) then you will be in for a surprise. Because of the extent of the casing on the bottom of the case you cannot use the adaptors. You will have to either charge with a lead or remove the phone from the case. I mentioned this to the seller and they just said that they never said that it would fit such adaptors. I think it should say that it doesn't!
They offered to let me return the case if it was unused...

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your phone as light and slimline as intended by Apple but adds robustness and a more hard wearing look, 9 May 2014
This has saved my phone on numerous occasions from drops onto hard surfaces. Looks good too and I get a lot of people asking me where I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first impression, 4 Aug 2014
Impressed with quality and packaging (although not very environmentally friendly) it certainly afforded protection to the protective case! Not sure how well it fits the 5S as phone arrives today but first impressions are that this will provide excellent protection for my new arrival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., 17 Dec 2013
Nice tight fitting case. The back has been scratched to pieces witch just shows how much damage its taking in place of the back of my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy with high quality product., 7 Aug 2014
Great product, so happy with it, and provided full protection. Wished I have order it in the past, before buying the first iphone case that was elegant but didn't help protect the phone whatsoever.
I strongly recommend Spigen case due to its quality indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks 100 times better than the price would suggest, 4 Aug 2014
for the money what a quality case this is. tough durable can protect the precious contents from quote considerable drops. Looks 100 times better than the price would suggest. I even liked for this brand for other phones we have I was that impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone cover, 14 July 2014
Great phone cover. I got this having gone through a period of dropping my I-phone. Although makes the 5S seem quite chunky, well worth the added size to preserve and protect the phone. Only Issue is that the audio jack is slightly inhibited.