on 14 July 2014
I don't have much experience buying boots like these, but wanted something with a good ankle support and durability. Having read the fairly mixed reviews for these boots I ordered exactly the size I normally order (UK 13).

I found that the size worked fine for me - it did not come up too large.

They are the most comfortable boots that I have had and have not needed any breaking in. Plus there have been no issues with blisters on any part of my feet. I have no hesitation in recommending these.
on 4 March 2014
Arrived very quickly and decided to put them through the grinder immediately. I didn't have to break them in, they were comfortable from the beginning but have gotten more comfortable as I've worn them. I have traveled many miles in them already and they show no signs of wear yet despite me giving them a good beating. I have happily walked through small streams that have filled my companions boots with water. Easy to clean and maintain too, just like any other leather boot, just hose them down, brush them off and give them a polish.
on 10 December 2013
Semi-permeable so it is not water proof and the soles of the boots are not stitched on so they will degrade a lot faster than your more expensive brands.
these boots however have lasted me quite a long time of solid everyday use for an extended period of time while remaining quite comfortable. It does generate quite a bit of "salt" around the leather parts of the boot with no clear way of preventing it.

polish regularly will keep them looking nice but eventually the "salt" will return.
on 1 July 2014