5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and compact unit - go for the DAB option.
I was looking for compact audio system as over the years we'd abandoned our HIFI units for live streaming from our mobiles and tablets. I wanted something for the ktichen where I could just shove in a CD or listen to the radio.

Published 2 months ago by Svenski

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Very slow start up time, too slow. You have to wait for ages while the drive spins up, spins down, and spins up again until it's ready to start playing a CD. After four months it stopped working altogether. The sound quality is good when it works.
Published 5 months ago by DrainD

5.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and compact unit - go for the DAB option., 20 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sony CMTS20B All-in-One Audio System with DAB (Electronics)

The DAB radio works pretty well although reception will depend on factors in your local area. The speaker wires are short and with their own connectors , something which you find on a lot of lower priced audio systems. This is designed as a compact system though, and does look at its best with the speakers next to it.

I was impressed with the sound from this thing and there are a few options available to tweak it to your liking such as a bass boost and sound equalizer. The remote works well and the USB port is a bonus although it designed to work with flash drives and officially supports just 2 Walkman branded MP3 players - nothing else. I've had no joy connecting it to my Sony Z3 apart from using it as a charger!

Be wary of this as some retailers suggest you can connect virtually any USB device to the system to play your digitally stored music. There is, though, a 3.5mm AUX input on the back.

It will play CD-R and CD-RW discs (MP3 and WMA) but not a multi-session disc.

Very stylish and its looks suggest a higher price point. Go for the DAB option as for the difference in cost you get a much better experience from the radio.

4.0 out of 5 stars neat, 12 Feb. 2014
Our main source of audio is a BOSE system but we wanted something smaller for another living room. The Sony CMT arrived bang on time, was in perfect condition and was assembled within 10 minutes. It took me a while longer to tune in the radio stations but that was a mixture of unclear instructions and operator error/impatience. Like may other reviewers, I note the shortness of leads meaning that you cannot space the speakers as far apart as you might like. The max I get is 70 cm (distance between a speaker and the CD player). This wasn't an issue for us. Sound quality is room filling and OK. At ~ £74-00 it is a bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound at a low price, 24 May 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
The CMT S220 is simple and small compact micro hi fi (I have the FM version)
It's a low cost system, but has enough of the basics covered, and sounds a bit better than the price might suggest.

The main unit houses the CD drive (a tray eject type), a simple LCD display, with a front USB port on the lower left hand side
The top part has button controls for the hi fi (play, pause, eject and EQ etc so you are ok if you misplace the remote)
Connectors are minimal, 2 x speaker outputs, an audio input, and a socket to fix the aerial connector

Other notes:
* USB playback supports MP3, WMA, and Walkman formats (you can also use the port to charge USB devices)
* You get a remote controls with it too
* Output is rated at 10watts RMS (2x5 watts) per channel

It's a small size overall the main unit is about 17cm wide and 21cm deep so it's easy to fit in a tight space or a kitchen for example. As others have noted the speaker cables are not that long, but I suspect most will not be seperating the speakers much.

Build is basic but adequate at this price point. Sound wise it does a fairly good job with the bass boost and pre-sets on EQ it's above average compared to some units I have tried. Mid range could be better but for the rated output it's really quite good overall more than loud enough.

There is nothing fancy on the Sony at all just the essentials here CD, and USB playback with the radio (reception is fine for FM/AM) The DAB model is a bit more expensive (I've not tried this) but it's the same unit for both options.

At this price it's a decent purchase for a budget micro system. I have mine in the shed and it's been working with no problems for months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for the price!, 8 Oct. 2014
I didn't actually buy this from Amazon but I thought a review might be helpful to those who may do so. The features, for a basic machine, were better than I expected. It will read mp3 CD's for a start. Sound quality isn't bad either. The aerial could probably do with being longer. As I don't like leaving things on standby (wastes electricity) I would have liked a proper mains on-off switch. The downside of switching off completely is that preset/stored stations will be lost after a certain time. Even here, though, machine exceeded specifications; it states that, if switched off completely, stored stations will be lost after about half a day. However, switching on over 12 hours later, stations were still there! It will be interesting to see how long they are retained. It would be good if a future model had some kind of on-board battery which would enable presets to be stored indefinitely. In all this is pretty good and I am glad I bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Sept. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 17 Oct. 2014
Nice stylish stereo, bought for my 9 year old! Good price for DAB and easy to use!
Nearly bought a FM radio one for same price at a different shop, which looks EXACTLY the same so beware as it's definitely worth getting the DAB version
Great product and trusted brand!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
Really good value, great to have the remote control. (My age gives me away)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent system for the home based on the budget, 12 July 2014
Excellent system for the home based on the budget. I would recommend it to anyone who is shopping for a mini system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value. Compact., 16 Nov. 2013
This mini system has a CD player and a DAB radio, which along with the audio in socket for mp3s, makes it really useful. One star was lost because (& I only discovered this yesterday! ) it has no headphone socket. As a stereo ideal for a bedroom, this is an odd omission. Won't fill a very large room with sound but has plenty of oomph for a bedroom or study.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than expected, 24 Feb. 2014
This is a great product, it sounds great and looks good too, Amazing value for money, I cant fault it

Sony CMTS20B All-in-One Audio System with DAB