Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 14 November 2013
I read several reviews before buying this album and have to disagree with what most say about it. The truth is Editors are by and large no longer 'a cool band' and I think the reviews reflect that. However, on first listen I thought the band were experimenting with a newish sound and pace. If i'm honest this album was a slow burner for me but having listened intently I believe this album is littered with class. I may be biased in that I saw them live last night and was truly blown away by how good an act they are. All songs sung off this album were right up there in terms of their quality and how they matched previous big hitters like Racing Rats or Papillon for example is testament to how the sound has progressed. All in all the album is superb in its own right.
on 12 September 2013
On first listen we really liked the whole album, but as we have listened more and more 1 gem after another have emerged and planted themselves solidly in our favourites list. "Sugar" is an absolute belter of a song!!
on 3 September 2013
A slow burner, that gradually takes you over with love. The edge remains but is added to by self depreciating humour and real emotion and rawness. Please don't listen to the detractors just buy and repeat play until you realise how much you adore it.....
on 30 December 2013
One of those albums that just gets better with each listen and you never grow tired of! This album has a more pop feel that The Editors usual fayre but highlights their versatility and musicianship. Favourite tracks: What is this Thing Called Love (how does a baritone voice get that high??!!), Phone Book ("Sing me a love song, from your heart or from the phone book') and the 'rocky' Sugar.
on 2 March 2014
I wasn't sure what route this band were going to take after In This Light & On This Evening, but what a follow up. Some absolutely brilliant tracks on this one and the rest of the material does not let down.
on 6 January 2014
I bought this when it was first released and gave it a little listen but didnt follow it. I have just come back to the album in my library and I didnt realise how good it is! Some of the tracks have a bit more emotion in them then previous albums A few "slower" "downtempo" songs are feature don this album, which are done very well. I could almost compare it to the White Lies!
on 10 January 2014
Stumbled across this band by accident. So glad I did. Not a duff track on this album. I would be pushed to give a favourite track, but Sugar possibly gets the vote. After hearing the album I went to see them live in Brighton. Full of energy from start to finish, musically spot on and up there with my all time favourite gigs. Can't wait to buy their back catalogue
on 21 December 2013
Both the Back Room and An End Has A Start were fantastic albums which established a success formula for Editors, Yet that was abandoned for the awful third album. Editors attempt to return to that formula but still cannot re-create it perfectly. The problem is they've lost the signature guitar sounds, placed over emphasis on the vocals of tom smith and tired to do an "America" style album.

The result is another disappointment. where there would be a Editors guitar rift is now replaced with strings or lame know off Arcade Fire "Oooooh"-ing. Tom Smiths vocals are biggest problem, "What is Thing Called Love" features tom singing in falsetto and its awful, while "A Ton of Love" and "Formaldehyde" have Tom shouting to point where you cannot understand what he's shouting, for example in a ton of love the lyrics are supposedly "a chance of love" but with tom shouting it in such a ridiculous way it sounds more like "A Chin Sir". Hyena feels like a terrible rip off of Interpol something Editors would deny. Phone Book is as exciting as reading a phone book, while "nothing" is self indulgent what could of been a great editors song is ruined.

Sure its better than the third album, but its not a major improvement and new problems have arised.
Its a real shame Editors are going well of Idlewild
on 30 January 2015
I have long been a fan of the Editors, when I noticed a new album had been released with great reviews I was expecting their best work yet. However this album is very downbeat and, in all honesty, a little depressing.
on 10 February 2016
This is a masterclass in beautiful music I've been listening to this for the last few years and it sounds as fresh as the first time. Give it a listen. Wonderful