5.0 out of 5 stars Great
As a lover of Jane Austens books - which I have re-read many times - I was intrigued to read this book which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Published 7 months ago by Jules

1.0 out of 5 stars None
I had to give up reading this halfway through chapter 5. So disappointing.The author tries to emulate Jane's style which is what you'd expect and maybe even hope for, and to a small degree succeeds.However, she does put toomuch of a millsand boon style on the story for me which rather spoils it. Darcy and Elizabeth particularly come across as very wooden.as the author is...
Published on 10 Jun 2012 by hbels

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars The extension of a classic, 6 Jan 2013
At first I quipped at the notion that any writer could successfully extend one of my favourite books of all time. The writing easy and casual to read, I easily slipped back into the story as if I were experiencing the master herself, but there were a lot of decorative use of character language to encourage familiarity - and whilst there was some growth of Lizzys character, I would have preferred more. Perhaps spending more time on that, than recounting some of the original would have been best but it did not deter from my enjoyment of the story. Although appearing to finish fast, I enjoyed it thoroughly and I wouldn't have imagined a better story for any of the characters of the original. I would recommend it highly. So if you are like me and are contemplating an excuse to skip this, don't! I promise you shall be pleasantly surprised and rewarded. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Loved story

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely written, good storyline, characters remain faithful. Worth a read as Part 2, have bought Part 3 (Return to Longbourn)., 7 July 2014
lis247 (Wiltshire, SW England, UK) - See all my reviews
Nice sequel, read easily, continues and ties up lives of other characters, and introduces a few more.... Nicely done, have bought Return to Longbourn (Part 3) on basis of this read, as it's on Kindle, it's a good one to have in the "library" for when you want a nice easy Jane Austen-sequel. A can't sleep, stuck at the airport, on a train, on the beach book. Not a PD James, but as good a sequel, in a different style. Story synopsis, doesn't need another recount as other reviewers do this well and the clue is in the title, you need to know P&P. I enjoyed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jane Austen in essence, 24 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this sequel to pride and prejudice having often wandered what became of the characters made so real and human by miss Austen. Now I know! I am looking forward to the next instalment immensely.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent sequel, 25 May 2014
Mrs. V. J. Forsyth "weatherwax" (Chesterfield, UK) - See all my reviews
It's not great literature, hence 3 stars, but quite a satisfying read with some development of the characters and some ends nicely tied off. The American spelling didn't worry me and I think that's pretty nit-picking as English spelling has changed a lot since Austen wrote her books and if the modern publishers had stuck with that it would have been even more irritating. I have a volume of her letters and it's quite hard work for that reason. In general I think she's captured the period pretty well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 May 2014
This was a very good read. Close to Jane Austin's style. An interesting story if a little predictable unlike the original.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 4 May 2014
Great story, well done - if you liked Pride and Prejudice then you'll like this. Was doubtfull as written by an americal but it is very good

5.0 out of 5 stars The Darcy s of pemberley, 17 April 2014
Amazing sequel to pride and prejudice loved it amazing story line full of excitement and we see more into Elizabeth's and Darcy's life

5.0 out of 5 stars The Darcys of Pemberley, 9 Mar 2014
As a great fan of Jane Austen and all her books I think this book by Shannon Winslow is equally as good. I hope she writes more of the life of the Darcys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Darcy's of Pemberley, 18 Feb 2014
Enjoyed it. Followed quite true to style of Jane Austin. I would recommend it to other readers of Jane Austin.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›