Having purchased this for my daughter in April and reading the reviews before and after purchase I was getting confused as to why some people were being sold fake Looms. I now realise that we must all be buying from different sellers as the review is actually for the product and not the seller, only noted as someone else listed their sellers name.
Ours was purchased...
Published 11 months ago by Gavin

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a genuine Rainbow Loom product
This was advertised and pictures as a Rainbow Loom product, but I was sent a cheaper, derivative product and the seller has not responded to my complaints more than a week later, despite me saying I needed this as a gift in time for my daughter. AVOID!
Published 11 months ago by Robert Willock

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Keeps Daughter Happy for Hours!! Ours was Genuine!, 4 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Rainbow Loom Make Your Own Bracelet Kit - Rubber Bands, Twist, Rainbow, Scoobies (Toy)
Ours was purchased from H Grossman Ltd for £11.99 and we did in fact receive the genuine product. Its only now I would like to purchase another loom that I clicked on my previous orders and it linked back to another seller not H Grossman ltd, it seems they no longer have the looms available.

My daughters friend recently made a purchase from Amazon and she too was sold a fake. My daughter says these are really poor quality compared to the genuine Loom.

Now I have no real way of telling which are genuine and which are fake, I am really not willing to take a chance on being sold a fake (as was sold a fake Rainbow Loom Hook recently from Amazon) so I may well have to fork out a few extra quid elsewhere to ensure I receive the real deal.

If anyone who has in fact received the Genuine Rainbow Loom could state the seller it would be most helpful to others wishing to purchase the genuine product.

I always thought Amazon was a safe bet but it seems not to be the case anymore, sellers should not be allowed to sell fakes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a genuine Rainbow Loom product, 21 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of fakes, 17 April 2014
I recently brought this for my daughter, as it seems to be the latest craze. Was pleased with the product until her friend also got one, we then discovered the item purchased from amazon is a fake. The original item has brandmarks on all the items and arrows marked on the loom as per the instructions. The fake copy from amazon has none of these.The loom itself is also quite sharp in places compared to the original item. Her friend also purchased her original loom from amazon at the exact same price as the fake one. I am disappointed that amazon seem quite happy to sell fake items. Unable to return as it has been used and box damaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY ITS A FAKE, 7 May 2014
Counterfeit product! Very unhappy, very cheap and nasty these will be sent right back, I will also be contacting trading standards. I have two very unhappy little girls! Shame on Amazon, I will not be using them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original, 15 May 2014
It was cheap but it is not the original rainbow loom and therefore you can't follow the instructions on youtube videos as we wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 2 Mar. 2014
at first I was so exited to get this . But in the picture the band's don't look right. two weeks later it arrived at my house by the box was correct but the loom looked like it would snap when I touched it.I sent it back (my mum did).if you are looking for the real thing try Claire's or toys r us . Elsie age 11

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake item, 16 May 2014
Ms S. Bloxham "amazon" ((UK)) - See all my reviews
This is completely different from the picture advertised. Just a poorly produced imitation in clear plastic, with different construction of the pegs, and a flimsy hook. Even the box branding is different. Blatant mis-selling, the guy should be penalised by Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars THE PICTURE IS OF AN ORIGINAL LOOM - BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT I RECEIVED, 26 April 2014
LOOKED AT THE PICTURE AND BOUGHT IT. I GOT SENT A CHEAP IMITATION INSTEAD. BLATANT MIS-SELLING. FEEL TOTALLY CHEATED. DISGUSTING.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 5 May 2014
This is not the genuine rainbow loom set. Its a cheap imitation. The pictures it shows are not of the same product that I recieved. My daughter was so disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE, 29 Jun. 2014
This product is a FAKE !!! Don't waste your money on this, it comes in a replica box and looks right until you open it, very disappointed, I am going to send it back and get my money back .