4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine for the price range
I wanted something to allow me to work while traveling, so I was looking for something with ultrabook-like attributes but as I already have a very high specification PC at home I didn't want to duplicate technology (or spend ultrabook money!). So this laptop fits the bill perfectly; it's pretty light, very thin, good build quality and just generally does the job...
Published 12 months ago by QuantumPenguin

3.0 out of 5 stars What you'd expect for a budget laptop
Firstly this little machine is great for what it does, battery lasts about 7 hours on wifi with low screen brightness (non-touch screen version) and does most of the stuff I want and it is very light. I'd heard all the bad points before I bought this, they didn't put me off too much, but as I see they are not listed here I will point them out.

This laptop feels...
Published 16 months ago by Marius87

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Beauty, 12 July 2014
Fantastic little laptop. Quick to use and navigate, beautiful to look at. Touchscreen facility works well. Initial set up (including downloading Microsoft office software) took a while mainly due to a load of updates required. A present for daughter's 14th birthday with the intention of giving her something to use for her GSCE years and also for the normal essentials like YouTube, Facebook and Snapchat and it seems to be ideal for all those uses. Very happy so far with our purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite, 5 July 2014
I purchased this as needed a laptop in England in a hurry. I already have a Samsung Notebook (but left in my home in NZ), Tablet and S111 phone and love Samsung products. I expected this laptop would be as good as my other devices, however, a bit disappointed. The sound is not very good, Windows 8 is very frustrating, the touch keypad mouse is slow (even after adjustment) and it hasn't got a lot of memory compared to other laptops of similar price, although I knew this when purchased. Unfortunately I needed the laptop for a 12 week live-in course I was attending so I wasn't able and didn't have time to return it, which I would have done under other circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars In love with my laptop, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite 13.3-inch Laptop - Black (Quad Core 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Love it. It was delivered on time as expected. Laptop is very light which is awesome for someone always traveling. System was windows 8.0 but got automatically upgraded to 8.1 yesterday. It does what i need it to do: work from Microsoft office and listening to music. Nothing advanced and i'm happy about it. Worth the buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars great value for money laptop, 18 Jun 2014
I needed a light weight laptop tor travelling and this fits the bill, only need it for surfing and emails so it does that perfectly.
very light weight, only had it for 1 week so not had a great deal of use.
connects to wifi home and abroad no problem.
first time I've had windows 8 so trying to get used to it.

like others say the mouse pad can be a bit sensitive which is annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Jun 2014
So pleased with this laptop. It is so light and compact with is perfect for me. I use it for running a small business and for emails and internet shopping. It is perfect for this. It doesn't have a disc drive so all files must be put onto an external pen drive. I don't play games or listen to music on it. Great price for a little lap top.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and fast laptop, 24 April 2014
I wanted a laptop to take on holiday so I could download photos on the run. It had to be light and this one is. Very good picture quality and very fast.

The only downside is that it only has a relatively small hard drive of 120gb (100 usable).

I was really impressed with speed of delivery - it arrived two days after ordering and well before the target date.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 issue, 13 Feb 2014
Easy to use and good graphics but on occasion it has reset itself while in use or the screen while go black and have to reload everything that was open on the page (particularly while watching videos) which I have been told is due to it being an AMD processor which has a few issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great all round laptop, 10 Feb 2014
Lovely laptop at a very good price. Its perfect for the whole family as the kids love the touchscreen but we can still work on it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great "convenience" machine, 20 Sep 2013
I bought this machine for sitting in front of the TV doing things I can't do on a tablet or need a keyboard for (MS Office, some web shopping sites) & for this it is perfect.

It's thin, light & boots up AMAZINGLY quickly & has enough battery for an evening, especially if you set it to sleep when you close the lid. The touchscreen is also a handy shortcut (e.g. just tapping on a cell in Excel or pinching to zoom)

If you are looking for a Powerhouse look elsewhere but its a great consumer laptop in my opinion.

Pro's:

- Thin & lightweight.
- Boots up AMAZINGLY quickly (15 seconds)
- comes back from sleep almost instantly
- Good battery life, lasts an evening with no trouble.
- Touchscreen is very handy.
- Doesn't seem to get hot.
- Some great features in Windows 8

Con's:

- Some real annoyances in Windows 8
- Weird unexplained hanging ocassionally (only lasts a few seconds but annoying)
- Power socket looks flimsy