Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 9 June 2014
So I had a problem with it early on which I bashed my head against a brick wall for ages over, because I am not a computer expert.
However I then decided to use the S Service function, they fixed the problem remotely, and that was really fast and effective.
The laptop runs quickly and smoothly and has a screen that is very good for reading outdoors compared to others.
It gets a long battery life, around 9 hours on samsung optimised with wi-fi on.
I really haven't had a serious problem with mine, and it has worked marvelously.
The only thing that slightly concerns me is running out of space, because only around 90Gb of the 128Gb SSD is accessible, of which I have 60Gb left after Office & documents and a few songs.
The boot up time is really impressive, around 7 seconds from fully off.
I would highly recommend this as it is fast and relatively cheap, amazing value for money.
on 19 June 2014
This is a great looking, light and easy to use ultrabook. I don't like Windows 8 but with the 8.1 download it makes it easy to use. It has all the functions I'm used to in a laptop and goes like a little dream. You get around 5 hours battery life and it takes only seconds to boot up too. I have no complaints with this little one.
on 18 June 2014
I needed a light weight laptop tor travelling and this fits the bill, only need it for surfing and emails so it does that perfectly.
very light weight, only had it for 1 week so not had a great deal of use.
connects to wifi home and abroad no problem.
first time I've had windows 8 so trying to get used to it.

like others say the mouse pad can be a bit sensitive which is annoying.
on 24 January 2015
After hearing so many bad things about windows 8 I have to say I was expecting the worst but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest as it's not as bad a painted! it took me less than five minutes to side step the traditional start button by just adding a task bar to the main menu bar linked to windows x86 programs, it's as simple as that (ok you see all the things you don't want to but it gives direct access to all installed programs within this folder and allows you to add desk top icons) The thing I'm disappointed with is the build quality! I have a samsung chrome book (ok it's a newer product) that was under £200 but the build is better! The touch pad doesn't feel clunky the keyboard feels like a finished item, there is just that lack of effort to make a decent finished product from the ATIV Book 9 lite it feels rushed. Personally I feel sorry for the people that paid the original asking price, but it works for me and is a good replacement for the netbook that was struggling under windows 7 even after doubling the RAM.
on 29 June 2014
Love it. It was delivered on time as expected. Laptop is very light which is awesome for someone always traveling. System was windows 8.0 but got automatically upgraded to 8.1 yesterday. It does what i need it to do: work from Microsoft office and listening to music. Nothing advanced and i'm happy about it. Worth the buy.
on 31 July 2014
im currently writing this review from my new ativ book 9 lite after spending 12 hours solid just trying to update the thing and get it all up and running im fairly good with computers too so that wasn't an issue I faced. windows 8 is appalling to set up initially in my experience at least. but this isn't the laptops fault. my first impressions were very good its a perfect size the screen that has received less than brilliant reviews elsewhere really isn't that bad i personally cant fault it so far and now im finally passed all the setting up side of things I can say that windows 8.1 is actually quite nice to use as long as your open to learn how to use it, I recommend downloading something called classic shell though that gives the option of a traditional windows 7 style start button which makes things much easier. the keyboards nice also, however im really not a fan of the touchpad and my new wireless mouse ive ordered cant come soon enough. that has to be the only thing I don't like about the laptop itself though so overall im very happy. (its also worth mentioning I found mine cheaper on ill add to this review once ive had longer with my new toy :)
on 16 September 2014
Nice bit of kit, delivery was excellent. Only bug bear - It obviously had a very basic or very dated copy of windows 8 installed and took ages for all the updates (approx 90) to install before ready for use.
on 29 August 2014
light enough to carry about to wifi spots etc with reasonable screen size..
very quiet.
adequately fast for my simple needs - have not tried games.
very fast start up / shutdown .

re windows 8 - -

the initial problem is microsoft try to coerce you into creating an account - it allowed me to set up a local account - just try any password - may need to fiddle about a bit .
the next problem is if you are presented with the unfamiliar tiles screen - find the desktop tile and clik - you should then get the familiar desktop .

i dont use touch screen , and ignore the ludicrously misnamed "charms" menu , , which is found by moving the cursur off screen left . moving the cursor offscreen top may show the familiar bar from which you may close a window .

after that win8 is not much different to win7 / xp or even vista , and certainly not as horrendous as some say ..

i uninstalled all the apps and programs i dont need.

the solid state ssd memory is 128gb may seem small but its plenty if you keep the bulk of your data on portable drives - which are now small and usb powered - and get into a routine where data is backed up .

instructions are minimal .
on 13 July 2014
I was looking to buy a good in performance and speed laptop but at the same time lightweight and easy to carry and also at reasonable price , so I spent days and days compering models and reading reviews .
Now I m happy to say almost all I was looking for exist in this laptop.
The only thing I don t like are the windows 8 ( even the 8.1 ) . i tried with a friend the get it back to windows 7 but I was warned that some drivers might not work ok .
So if anyone has done the windows change and can give me advise I would be grateful for that ...
on 24 September 2015
I love my husband and kids a lot. But this Samsung comes closely behind. I can't fault it. Instantly turns on (ie great for meetings and 10minutes work catch up here and there), battery is superb more than 12 months on, double hard drive so can split work and personal storage, never lets me down and looks smart. Finally carrying my laptop to and from work does not ruin my shoulder; this is a perfect laptop for a commuter/ regular traveler. I shopped around to find the perfect model and pleased I did; this laptop is utterly superb.