Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 17 July 2013
As a great fan of Dean Crawford's 'Warner and Lopez' series of novels. I was intrigued to read this new novel 'Soul Seekers' for young adults published by Dean himself.
From the start the characters came to life and i was transported back to my youth. I loved the time travel theme with Cas and friends going back to an earlier time and taking part in the American Revolutionary War and trying to find Cas's father and bring him back here to the present time. Lots of great action and adventure....i am looking forward to reading the second book when published in this series.
on 17 July 2013
Being a fan of this author and loving the Ethan Warner series of books I was excited to see how he fared with this story aimed mainly at young adults. I have to say it really lived up to all of my expectations. The story was well told and drew you in from the get-go. It may have been written about a group of mostly 14 year old children, but the adventure was pitched to be enjoyable from an adult p.o.v. I quickly began to like the characters of Casimir (Cas- main character) and the rest of the classmates when they went back in time and then had to figure out how to rescue Cas's father from the past. No mention of any 'prime directive here - they just went ahead and did what needed to be done and used everyone's strengths to the best ability. Even Siren became quite likable. It certainly left you on a knife's edge wondering what would happen to the gang next and where their adventures would take them. I am really looking forward to the next book in this series and would certainly recommend this book for all ages. It is a fun, exciting and engaging read. Well done Dean and many thanks for yet another good story.
on 21 March 2015
I just want to show my support for this author. Currently I have all 15 books and have read 13 of them. There are another 4 on their way, God help me. I will buy them all and I will enjoy them all as I have the 13 so far. Think you can see the rather transparent plot? Pretty obvious what will happen next? Not with this guy, he's got a great imagination; works for me anyway. Where he finds his time to write so much is beyond me but Im very glad that he does. Hollywood is coming! Sorry this is not a helpful review for the individual book but Im behind on reviews too. I will try to review just after I finish a book in future. Enjoy!
on 1 October 2013
Soul Seekers is a really good story and I recommend this book to 8-12 year old boys because it's a really good book for boys
on 5 September 2014
A good theme marred by one historical inaccuracy - There was no Queen on the British throne in 1776.
on 12 December 2014
Good read...very entertaining...my sort of book
on 16 November 2013
Good plot but 14 year old kid's with this level of awareness. Forget it.Even if this is aimed at teenagers, I think it is an.insult to there intelligence. I have read other Dean Crawford books Nd is attention to detail is brilliant but I am afraid with this book he has lost the plot