on 24 August 2014
This is a really good little HD video camera!

I wanted a waterproof HD video camera for a family holiday which I knew would involve taking my 2 year old swimming. I wanted to be able to record videos of her in the pool, but for the videos to be good quality and not pixelated or jumpy.

Honestly, if I had the money I would have bought a GoPro Hero - but I didn't have that kind of money so was looking for something in my price range. Considering that this camera usually retails for £150, to get it for around £50 was a total bargain!

The camera is incredibly light and easy to use. I have only used it a handful of times but for recording in a swimming pool it was as easy as pressing two buttons; one to turn it on and one to record.

I connected it to a TV via the HDMI port and watched the recordings back. The quality was really good.

You have to bear in mind that, if the camera is in the waterproof housing, you don't get much audio. I don't mind this as you should expect it. If the camera is in a watertight housing, the audio is going to be limited.

The main thing you need to know - and something that every website is wrong about - is that this camera will take a MicroSD card up to 32Gb. Every website I looked at for this camera, including the main Vivitar website, states that the camera will take a 4Gb MicroSD card. Everything in me was saying 'there's no way a HD camera will be limited to a 4Gb card' but every website stated this. It turns out that it takes up to 32Gb card as long as it's Class 4 or higher.

Great camera and I look forward to using it in more ways, such as on my bike and car.
on 16 September 2014
Excellent little camera, good in both 720 and 1080. I used this on my motorcycle in the Alps and have some great footage, only word of warning is that the mounting hardware is not that robust and mine snapped after 4 days on the bike and it disappeared off the side of a mountain. Buy a better quality mount than comes as standard for it.
on 21 November 2014
Haven't had a chance to properly use it yet as had to buy extra holding devices. But my son had a go with it and it seemed very easy to use. can't say , much more than that at mo , shame they don't just put a full set of holding devices with it :-(
on 26 January 2015
You get what you paid.Solid equipment, compatible with most gear out there. Only con's are that it takes a while to fully charge (about 2 hours) and it overheats while charging. So if its in your hand while charging its a bit annoying. I feel like you lose some frames per second at fullhd but it still looks good with the wide angle lens.

Let's not kid ourselves you shouldn't be expecting GH1 like quality with this price but I would definitely say its better than its main competitor, the entry level gopro hero (which costs more but has no screen and comes with no mounts, tripods etc)
on 10 November 2014
Good value only problem was with the cd it would not get the instructions for the camera
on 25 October 2014
touch screen failed on second use!! had to return for refund.
the item looked good,size was great but to fail so quick i question the build and component quality.
on 25 August 2015
The video Quality on this camera is surprisingly good as an action camera and as an underwater camera. 1080p footage is super clear.

Not really worth getting for stills though. Photos tend to come out grainy and horrible even in good light conditions.
on 28 January 2015
This package came with a cd containing the manual for another camera. The limited amount of instructions is very badly written. It records ok but there is no sound and it doesn`t look as if there is anything to increase the sound. Think I have been sold a dud
on 22 July 2015
Really good cam - just wish there was more possible functions when in its waterproof case. Also that case should be available to buy separately just in the event of the clasp breaking etc. But no problems with it got some great dive pics and vids so far!
on 21 January 2015
Nice Action Camcorder, Quality of Video/Picture is also okay.
The plastic body looks tinny, but it is really tinny camera. So not a problem for me as it works very fine.
The hook of water proof case is a bit too small and hard to open to me.