5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaving! :)
I've been very ill with depression .... started to feel better and just couldn't get my head around organizing my home etc .... this book is now my bible ... amazing, just the cherry on the cake for my recovery. Thank you so much.
Published on 21 April 2012 by Happier

2.0 out of 5 stars unrealistic and misleading.
There is some great information in this book. But none that can not be found elsewhere. I bought this because it intimates that there IS a method of getting the 'clutter thing' under control within a week.

On Monday morning alone, one is expected to tackle the following:
Published on 19 Jan. 2010 by Lor1

2.0 out of 5 stars unrealistic and misleading., 19 Jan. 2010

On Monday morning alone, one is expected to tackle the following:
Sort out your entire wardrobe. Empty it, make any repairs to the units, buy any bits and bobs you need to aid storage, sort through your clothes, ditch any that don't fit (thoughtfully) put stuff aside for repair / cleaning, and evaluate the rest. Once you know what you re keeping, 'cluster' clothes according to how you process information (ok, I like this idea, see there are some little gems) or how you will wear them - colours, type and so on. And then re fill the wardrobe / shelves / drawers.

All this is to be done before you go off to work. The very next item is - Monday at work!!!!!!
SO now you simply rise from your sea of rejected clothing / recycling / cleaning and trot of to your place of work. It's time to get that organised. Sort old paperwork, ditch / replace dodgy machinery, reorganise your work flow and workspace, and, presumably put in a days work.

When you get home, it's not all over. Now you need to sort out a 'reception station' - as sorting you hallway is your evening task.

All very good information, but I defy anyone to be able to muster the energy to so much as make a piece of toast after only mastering the Monday morning 'closet' routine!

The rest of the week is just as jam packed and although I agree entirely that getting down to it is the only way to resolve clutter issues this method and make believe time scale is simply not workable for us mere mortals.

I am always looking for ideas and new methods of dealing with clutter and how people can be supported to sort their stuff. As a professional de - clutter person, this is my business. I'll shamelessly pinch helpful, workable ideas from anyone! But the main thing is to make these things manageable - or people just get into a panic and give up. And often leave themselves in a worse mess that when they began.

Dealing with clutter can be daunting, exhausting and frankly quite scary. It throws up all sorts of unexpected emotions. And makes a sorry mess whilst it's a work in process. But it really is worth the effort and will be a huge success - often life changing - if managed properly.

DO try the book, but please don't feel that you have to do all this stuff in a week. I'd re title this book "Unclutter your life in SEVEN weeks!!"

Then you can toast your success when you finish in a month, rather than feel beaten after just one, exhausting, unrealistic day.
Jilt your junk with joy, don't let your stuff hold you back.
Lorraine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaving! :), 21 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life, 30 Dec. 2011
So I got David Allen's "Getting Things Done" in my system, but I felt something missing. Sure, I had become a champion task manager but still found I had little energy and a lot of clutter. Even tasks had to suffer because I was not motivated, or could not find the stuff I needed to actually do something. Then I got this book, and it completed everything. The book taught me the reasons why I felt the guilt and weight of all my clutter, and how to deal with it, and to remove the cause of emotional attachment that prevented me to part with or sell the stuff I don't use or need, and gave me a process just like GTD did. Now I can get things done, while enjoying a clean, clutter-free and effective life!

4.0 out of 5 stars Unclutter, 21 Jun. 2012
Very motivating book, clean your house one chapter a time, You should also check The joy of less-Francine Jay, and The 100 Thing Challenge by dave Bruno, and everything by Leo Babauta

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas, 15 Feb. 2015
I loved this book. I'm quite organised anyway, and bought this book for some motivation to get on with my spring cleaning, However, it had loads of simple, but useful ideas for de-cluttering in all areas of life. As someone who lives in a very small house, I now have a great system for storage, a quick technique for having a clear-out and have reduced my morning routine by about 30 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unclutter, 23 Sept. 2011
What a wonderful book! I am so happy I got this book and I have already recommended it to friends. Thank you so much!