5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ...
Published 8 months ago by Gordon Lowes

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a more grown up Arctic Monkeys with a very ...
Definitely a more grown up Arctic Monkeys with a very 50's rock and roll style. Not the most upbeat album but musically very accomplished. Defo worth a listen
Published 9 months ago by hollie

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar one or two tracks, but this is amongst my top albums of 2013. It comes across as a band who's looked at their past work, and thought "you can tell we were kids when we wrote that". There's still songs about girls and nights out but there's a maturity here that was missing. And they've expanded the sound somewhat. These are songs that fill the room, as opposed to background songs on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Arctic Monkeys' best in years, 13 Sept. 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I've always been a huge fan of the Arctic Monkeys anyway, but when I rate 'AM' five stars, it's because that I honestly believe it to be a great album, and perhaps just as good as anything they have released. Whatever, it's a real return to form.

After playing it continuously, I am even starting to hold it in the same regard as 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not', which is saying something considering what an incredible debut it was, and one of my all time favourite albums. However, and this is perhaps not saying quite as much, I think it is certainly better than their past two albums, as good as they were.

As always, the melodies of the songs are brilliant and the lyrics, written by the frontman, vocalist/genius Alex Turner are as sharp and meaningful as they have ever been. The sound is darker, the music is more mature, and although it isn't quite the same as their first two albums, every band has to evolve, and these guys are been evolving ever since the third album. I believe that the Arctic Monkeys are in a good new direction.

If you enjoyed the new singles (my personal favourite being 'R U Mine?), you'll find that the rest of album's tracks are of the same high standard (No.1 Party Anthem' is a highlight, and 'Snap Out Of It' is one to play on loop). 'AM' is a strong record, it certainly should please long-term fans, and if you lost a little faith in them regarding their previous releases, it should be fully restored once you hear their fifth album.

5.0 out of 5 stars arctic monkeys get their mojo back on new album, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
The delivery was very quick and the album is superb.Definitely one of the highlights of the year for me.I enjoy the bands new sound even if i was a bit skeptical at first.I would recommend this to any genuine music fans who are looking for something a little different from your average indie or perhaps rock band who are in or around the charts today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the people!!, 4 Oct. 2014
S. Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Well here was me chastising some 400 people who left blinding reviews for this album. I could wait no longer for the price to drop further and bit the bullet and paid more than I usually do for CDs in the eager anticipation to hear this album which has received not only more reviews, but also better rating than the Arctic's astonishing debut.

Well, I am not so impetuous as to make a firm judgement call on the first play of any album, but after about three plays, I was thinking 400 reviewers were nothing but mad. How could this album be better than Whatever people say I am... what were they thinking? I was very underwhelmed.

Move on 6 weeks later and perhaps 25 plays later and I have now seen the light! I guess I was guilty of the old-age sin of expecting the same and did not open my mind to acceptance of the new, more mature sound, but this truly is a stonkingly good album, maybe the best I have heard in half a decade. It flows brilliantly between more catchy tunes (not fillers) and a few out and out rousing songs, like 'Fireside', 'Arabella' and 'I want it All'. Intelligent, witty, super creative lyrics, and don't forget the lead singer is still only 24! Pure genius really.

You little Monkeys!!

Get this album and play it and play it and play it. You will not regret it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a more grown up Arctic Monkeys with a very ..., 9 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Awesome album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this album near to their original, 8 July 2014
M. L. Morgan "M Morgan" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Artic Monkeys are back!! Love this album near to their original style

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Cd of the last 3 years, 6 July 2014
J. Trim "Mummy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I have never been a fan of the Arctic Monkeys but after hearing a couple of tracks on the radio i thought i would treat myself, so glad i did as this has been on my MP3 player continuously for the last 6 months and i still love it.

AM [VINYL]
AM [VINYL] by Arctic Monkeys (Vinyl - 2013)