AM

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ...
Published 4 months ago by Gordon Lowes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album
Published 4 months ago by S. V. Goksaran

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ..., 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar one or two tracks, but this is amongst my top albums of 2013. It comes across as a band who's looked at their past work, and thought "you can tell we were kids when we wrote that". There's still songs about girls and nights out but there's a maturity here that was missing. And they've expanded the sound somewhat. These are songs that fill the room, as opposed to background songs on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I wasn't a fan of early Artic Monkeys stuff, but I love this album. Easy listening, no filler and loads of catchy tunes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 5 Oct 2014
brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Do I wanna Know will get your feet tapping and head nodding along to a fantastic riff. 5/5
R U Mine another riff based song, follows wonderfully well on Do I wanna know and has traces of it in it 5/5
One for the Road, falsetto vocal to kick this one off and again a neat little head nodder of a song, slower than the first two 5/5
Arabella, where R U Mine is an echo of Do I wanna know then Arabella is an echo of One for the Road, great chorus 5/5
I Want it All, back to a toe tapping head nodding rocker 5/5
No.1 Party Anthem, a Lennonesque (solo Lennon) number, bit slow bit dreary, doesn't do a lot for me 2/5
Mad Sounds starts off nice and quiet and stays that way, probably the slowest number thus far, one for the lighters as used to be above the head at a gig 4/5
Fireside, pace picks up rolls along, especially like the harmony vocals, showap showap 5/5
Why'd you only call me when you're high, awesome song, great riff great rhythm great 5/5
Snap Out It, another great song, these boys can write chorus'! 5/5
Knee Socks, mid pace number, again really good chorus and beat as it bounces along 5/5
I wanna be yours, unusual lyrics for a love song, but it works 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars AM are back, heavier than before!, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: AM (MP3 Album)
Awesome album.
Change of style from previous 2albums; however lyrically they are as sharp as ever.
Their maturity shines through and is definitely an outstanding addition to my music collection.
Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the people!!, 4 Oct 2014
S. Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Well here was me chastising some 400 people who left blinding reviews for this album. I could wait no longer for the price to drop further and bit the bullet and paid more than I usually do for CDs in the eager anticipation to hear this album which has received not only more reviews, but also better rating than the Arctic's astonishing debut.

Well, I am not so impetuous as to make a firm judgement call on the first play of any album, but after about three plays, I was thinking 400 reviewers were nothing but mad. How could this album be better than Whatever people say I am... what were they thinking? I was very underwhelmed.

Move on 6 weeks later and perhaps 25 plays later and I have now seen the light! I guess I was guilty of the old-age sin of expecting the same and did not open my mind to acceptance of the new, more mature sound, but this truly is a stonkingly good album, maybe the best I have heard in half a decade. It flows brilliantly between more catchy tunes (not fillers) and a few out and out rousing songs, like 'Fireside', 'Arabella' and 'I want it All'. Intelligent, witty, super creative lyrics, and don't forget the lead singer is still only 24! Pure genius really.

You little Monkeys!!

Get this album and play it and play it and play it. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, as expected, 4 April 2014
Miss Walterson "V M A Walterson" (Shetland, Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Absolutely worth it! Brilliant piece of music from a brilliant band. Love "Arabella" especially. You will not be dissapointed, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just "Rock n Roll", 22 May 2014
This review is from: AM [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I'm a big vinyl fan! Album is superb! But it's only Rock "n" Roll :) Very fast delivery by Amazon " next day"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, Great Band, 1 Nov 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Not much to write about this, as it has all been written many times. It's a great album & they are the best British band in years. I would go as far as to say they are a national treasure.Their albums are varied but consistently high quality & they have own identity which is something that has to be admired these days, when there is so much banality everywhere.
What will their next album sound like? I don't know, but can't wait to find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Arrived the next day, has some great songs like a new favourite knee socks which I spent ages trying to play by guitar, without realising you won't get a sound the same on acoustic, but I only k ew a few songs on it when I bought it, and I like them all I never listens to the artic monkeys before this and I think this is a great album from fantastic musicians so if there is a difference I like the new artic monkeys

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
This AM album is great to listen to but I honestly prefer older albums such as Favourite Worst Nightmare and Humbug their sound isn't as edgy and raw as it was in their earlier years. If you're looking for a slightly less heavy and more poppy sound then this album might be better than Whatever People Say I Am Thats What I'm Not. Although I prefer other albums of theirs, I still like AM

AM
AM by Arctic Monkeys (Audio CD - 2013)
Click for more info