AM

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ...
Published 6 months ago by Gordon Lowes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album
Published 7 months ago by S. V. Goksaran

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar one or two tracks, but this is amongst my top albums of 2013. It comes across as a band who's looked at their past work, and thought "you can tell we were kids when we wrote that". There's still songs about girls and nights out but there's a maturity here that was missing. And they've expanded the sound somewhat. These are songs that fill the room, as opposed to background songs on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the people!!, 4 Oct. 2014
S. Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Well here was me chastising some 400 people who left blinding reviews for this album. I could wait no longer for the price to drop further and bit the bullet and paid more than I usually do for CDs in the eager anticipation to hear this album which has received not only more reviews, but also better rating than the Arctic's astonishing debut.

Well, I am not so impetuous as to make a firm judgement call on the first play of any album, but after about three plays, I was thinking 400 reviewers were nothing but mad. How could this album be better than Whatever people say I am... what were they thinking? I was very underwhelmed.

Move on 6 weeks later and perhaps 25 plays later and I have now seen the light! I guess I was guilty of the old-age sin of expecting the same and did not open my mind to acceptance of the new, more mature sound, but this truly is a stonkingly good album, maybe the best I have heard in half a decade. It flows brilliantly between more catchy tunes (not fillers) and a few out and out rousing songs, like 'Fireside', 'Arabella' and 'I want it All'. Intelligent, witty, super creative lyrics, and don't forget the lead singer is still only 24! Pure genius really.

You little Monkeys!!

Get this album and play it and play it and play it. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars AM are back, heavier than before!, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: AM (MP3 Album)
Awesome album.
Change of style from previous 2albums; however lyrically they are as sharp as ever.
Their maturity shines through and is definitely an outstanding addition to my music collection.
Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 4 Mar. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I wasn't a fan of early Artic Monkeys stuff, but I love this album. Easy listening, no filler and loads of catchy tunes!

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Arrived the next day, has some great songs like a new favourite knee socks which I spent ages trying to play by guitar, without realising you won't get a sound the same on acoustic, but I only k ew a few songs on it when I bought it, and I like them all I never listens to the artic monkeys before this and I think this is a great album from fantastic musicians so if there is a difference I like the new artic monkeys

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
This AM album is great to listen to but I honestly prefer older albums such as Favourite Worst Nightmare and Humbug their sound isn't as edgy and raw as it was in their earlier years. If you're looking for a slightly less heavy and more poppy sound then this album might be better than Whatever People Say I Am Thats What I'm Not. Although I prefer other albums of theirs, I still like AM

4.0 out of 5 stars lyrically and are now an all round better band. AM is definitley their most accomplished album ..., 17 July 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Although many people seem to want the arctics to go back to the style they had on the first two albums, I don't. I've been a fan from the begining and believe they have matured musically, lyrically and are now an all round better band. AM is definitley their most accomplished album and although there is one, possibly two average songs on this album iwould highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars This arrived on time and brilliantly packaged. Apart from 'I bet you look good ..., 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
This arrived on time and brilliantly packaged. Apart from 'I bet you look good on the dance floor' these were the first Arctic Monkeys songs I'd heard, this album is really amazing, the songs just really have a good vibe to them. This album was so good, I started listening to their older stuff and ended up buying every single Arctic Monkeys album! A 100% recommendation!

5.0 out of 5 stars arctic monkeys get their mojo back on new album, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
The delivery was very quick and the album is superb.Definitely one of the highlights of the year for me.I enjoy the bands new sound even if i was a bit skeptical at first.I would recommend this to any genuine music fans who are looking for something a little different from your average indie or perhaps rock band who are in or around the charts today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Music, Bad Vinyl, 19 July 2014
This review is from: AM [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Music wise it is fantastic, great album and hard work from Arctic Monkeys as usual.
However I'm not happy with the vinyl quality, the first three songs on side one always jumps in the same places every time.
I have a brand new record player of high quality and I don't have this issue with any other vinyls.

AM
AM by Arctic Monkeys (Audio CD - 2013)