5.0 out of 5 stars Wish i got one ages ago.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:06 Mins
LOVE IT. simple instructions with couple of pictures.easy to put together and use. Yarn comes of spindle easily once done. Just don't be afraid to pull on the yarn guide to get it out to secure it. Its a bit stiff and feels like u will break it but it wont. I did this with mine after reading another review on here saying pulling it out...
Published 15 months ago by kirsty

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job...
I was happily surprised to receive my order sooner than expected.
The winder does work, it comes with its clear instructions so the set up was very quick. The quality of the material is not great, ie. plastic, I guess it reflects the price tag.
I have made use of it to organise leftover yarns, I am pleased the job was done very quickly (and it looks good) using...
Published 17 months ago by MISS B M S ANGUILA

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but not the best ball winder around, 3 Aug. 2014
M. Leonor Calaça "Leonor" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vktech Hand Operated Swift Yarn Fiber Wool String Ball Skein Winder Holder (Home)
This is a very nice ball winder, however, the metal part that should keep the thread straight keeps losing its tension and falling down, which is very annoying. If this tension isn't maintained, the yarn will get stuck on the lower part of the ball winder, and ends up snagging said yarn and you'll have trouble getting everything right. I have to wind the yarn whilst holding it tightly or I end up with a mess!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little Winder, 15 Feb. 2014
Lou's Review (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
Took a while to arrive so don't order this if you're in a hurry. Took a bit of practise to get it working properly but that may be me! You need to pull the arm out as far as you can and then it stays there. I didn't do this at first and kept having to hold it upright. It does look a bit cheap but it's good value for the price and very useful for winding little cakes of yarn.

1.0 out of 5 stars total waste of money, 30 Jan. 2014
I did think the price was too good to be true. I would have been as well giving the money to charity as this winder is a waste of money. It is cheap and nasty and the yarn guide has no hope of staying in place hence the wool gets tangled and my ball will be full of joins...........off to search for a good quality one now. Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery., 9 Jan. 2014
Terri (manchester uk) - See all my reviews
I ordered this on 3/1/14 and after paying was surprised it was coming from China.
Had I known this I would not have ordered it as I needed it quickly and orders from china take a good few weeks.
However.... On the 8/1/14 which was 5 days later I received a card from Royal Mail to tell me to pick up a package. It was the wool winder, so my apprehension about a long delivery date was unfounded.
Now the nitty details.
Overall, I suppose it's ok quality, cheap and plasticky feeling, but hey! For £10 what do you expect.
The thing that let's it down most is the yarn arm as it continuously flops if not held in place! Grhh!!!!
So amazon gets a big thumbs up for speedy delivery but alas the quality really does let it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy and it works, 22 Nov. 2013
Received today (delivery took about two weeks) and has already been put to good use. Very clear and easy instructions, very easy to operate. It's a little rickety, and my only complaint would be the yarn feeder - it's not very sturdy when "locked" into place - it falls down without much pressure and as a result I did have to spend 5 minutes unwinding my yarn from around the cog. However just keeping a finger on it to hold it in place solves this. Value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy of the year so far., 6 Mar. 2015
After reading some reviews about long delivery dates I debated about ordering but as I wasn't really in rush I went ahead as its a really good price, I ordered at 5.30 on Tuesday night and was surprised to get an email a little while later to say it was dispatched and due for delivery the next day, and I'm pleased to say I recieved it at 3 o'clock on Wednesday afternoon...........really please with item and happy say I read the reviews about the loose tension arm and remembered to pull it out as far as I could and its stayed in place, I have now wound every bit of wool in my house and everything looks so much neater (I can now buy more as I have loads of room left over), in my opinion my best buy so far this year for delivery and product, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes cakes with out the calories...., 31 Jan. 2015
Item arrived on the day expected, well packaged, nice item, you do have to be firm when pulling the yarn guide into place as stated by other peoples reviews. Does exactly what I wanted it for. To make the yarn into cakes that pull from the centre. Very pleased with price too. Overall it does deserve the 5* review. Would recommend for the item for knitting for a hobby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 9 Feb. 2015
Looks as if made of cheap plastic; clamp is perfunctory and started sliding loose after winding a couple of balls; instructions inadequate and couldn't work out from them how to fix the yarn guide into place - so I have had to hold the yarn whilst holding the yarn guide upright with one hand and turn handle with other. Does the job (eventually) but very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does its job really well, and can handle ..., 28 Feb. 2015
It does its job really well, and can handle anything up to about the size of a regular ball of yarn.
The only problem I have with it is that the wire loop for holding the yarn (which can be tucked away for storage) sometimes comes unsecured while in use and sometimes the yarn ends up going under the base of the whirligig and getting tangled in the gears.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant yarn winder, 26 Dec. 2013
Very simple to use, attaches firmly to a number of surfaces so I can use it on a coffee table when I'm sitting on the sofa, or on a worktable in my studio. Very simple mechanism and good feel as those yarn cakes are formed quickly and easily. So, so much more time efficient than getting someone to help wind from a skein, and the yarn cakes are perfect - use yarn from either the middle or outer end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›