4.0 out of 5 stars The real Tyson story warts and all, a must read for any fan.
Its hard to know where to start with a review for this book. Over the past 25 yrs there have been many so called Mike Tyson biographies I've read a few so thought that I knew the full story but there was a lot in here that took me by suprise. I thinks its fair to say of all of the books on Tyson this is the only one that counts.
There's certainly a lot of content at...
Published 9 months ago by Gari

3.0 out of 5 stars It All Started So Well
I could not put this book down for the first six or so chapters and would have to tell my husband all about the antics of young Mike living in the hood and being trained to become a boxer by Cus.

Published 22 days ago by Mrs Tracy Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars It All Started So Well, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)

I then found that once the book reached the stage of kicking Don King in the head hitting strip joints every night with drinking drugs and sex with anything with a pulse a bit boring as it seemed to be the same story over and over to this point it became a bit of an effort to read and also frustrating that he made the same mistake of sleeping with these women who would cry rape the following day to be paid off! This could have been dealt with in one chapter to keep the story moving.

In order to finish this book I dedicated 14 hours of my Saturday so that I could move on to my next book (Ricky Hatton Autobiography)

The last two chapters gave a good picture of his family life with present wife & family but would like to have read more about his time in prison and other marriages I hope that he does manage to stay clean in future and wish him luck as I do think he was taken for a fool.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I thouhght Mike Tyson was a great fighter in his early days, reading this book helped me understand why he lost his fights later on in his career, Money, sex and drugs, but the book does repeat its self over and over, i read Frank Bruno`s and Nigel Benns book which were both a good read.
Im pleased Mike Tyson has got his life back together and has settled down, good luck to him

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a bit more about his fights, 18 Mar 2014
M. Bazell (London England) - See all my reviews
A lot of this book is really engrossing and I enjoyed reading it. But I would have liked to hear more about the fights and his thoughts on opponents. There is too much talk of his sex life which at times got boring. His accounts of life growing up in Brownsville were an eye opener and shocking.

4.0 out of 5 stars The real Tyson story warts and all, a must read for any fan., 9 Dec 2013
There's certainly a lot of content at almost 570 pages this is twice the book that most autobiographies are. During the time I read this my opinion of Tyson went up and down like a rollercoaster, from being shocked, to thinking that this guy is a complete idiot to feeling sorry for him and at the end I'm still not entirely sure.
One point worth mentioning is that Mikes actual boxing career probably accounts for less than half the content of the book.

If you don't want to see any spoilers stop reading now:

Otherwise he's my overview of this book,

We all know the story of Mikes rise to become the youngest ever Heavyweight champ under the guidance of Cus D'Amato, the marriage to Robin Givens, the legal battles over his management and his loss to Buster Douglas then conviction and incarceration for rape. The comeback and loss to Holyfeild and the ear biting incident.

However the real interesting insights that are less known about and covered in this book are the stories of Mikes childhood and just how big a criminal he was and how brutal the environment was.

The complete lack of ability he had with dealing with his finances (which stemmed from his childhood) it really seemed like someone should have given him some help, although trying to tell a young Tyson what to do with his money would have been a thankless task. Some of the frivolourity of his spending even after his second reign as champ (when he should have learned his lesson) is truly mind blowing! Its clear that giving Mike access to money was like giving a alcoholic the keys to your liquor cabinet.

The hassles of women trying to file lawsuits against him after just before and just after his incarceration (it seemed every golddigger in the country saw him as an easy target).

The biggest shocker to me was finding out the true extent of his drug addiction which spiralled after his loss to Lennox Lewis and his actions after his career finally ended. He basically went on a huge drugs binge that lasted for years living off the charity of wealthy fans and indulging in serious amounts of drugs and hookers.

Throughout it all Mike seems to be brutally honest which some of the times makes it difficult for the reader to have and sympathy for him, even admitting in a postscript to the epilogue that he is still battling his cocaine addiction.

In summary even if you have a slight interest in Tyson or just enjoy A list Biographies then you should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, a must read., 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually write reviews so I will keep this brief. The book is full of surprises and as someone who watched his fights as a kid with my Dad it was great to hear his account. He has lived 100 lives and will bring you along his journey in a captivating way. For those who have no interest in boxing it is a great bio if like me, they are your thing. You will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cus the Amazing, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed the first half of the book, second part was disappointing from a person point of you. Sad story

4.0 out of 5 stars book of two halfs, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
The start is brilliant and then much like Tyson career tales off in the end with too many tales of drugs and women that becomes boring, only then to go out with a bang in the final pages.

3.0 out of 5 stars sad story of a confused soul, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
a repetitive read not sure if Tyson really ever will understand how to find any peace with himself or get bored of drugs

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Dissapointing Read, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
I only read this book as Amazon suggested it, although said I am a big boxing and MMA fan. It was a fairly disappointing read and I've came away with a not very positive impression of Tyson. Although it is very honest, I would argue he doesn't do himself any favours to his audience by revealing his true nature.

The book details his early years in Catskill well. The book doesn't describe too much or too many of his fights and even the notorious ear biting fight only really got a page or two max. He mentions his run ins with the law or where there were court cases but you get the impression this is to reassure the audience he was innocent. Overall the structure is quick and doesn't stop too many times. It's worth a read for a couple of quid.

Lastly, I watched some of his fights on line as I read the book and this helped alot. Kings of boxing

5.0 out of 5 stars Undisputed mike tyson, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography (Kindle Edition)
A must read not only for big Tyson fans like myself but for anyone who appreciates a truthful autobiography,nothing is spared and makes for some uncomfortable reading at times,some chapters you feel compassion for Tyson other chapters you feel revulsion,although respect is always due to him for his brutal honesty,I personally enjoyed 1st half of book most,as I am big boxing fan and enjoyed the journey to becoming heavyweight champion,2nd half becomes increasingly dark and self depreciating.I would have liked to hear more about sparring sessions, weigh ins, training camps ,although I understand the need for balance in a book like this,I thoroughly enjoyed this book and hardly put it down.

Undisputed Truth: My Autobiography