VINE VOICEon 28 October 2013
Being something of a novice in this world of poetry, I need all the help that I can get so, the biographical notes and the explanation of Hopkins' prosody, which precedes these poems, was very gratefully received! The book is called the complete works and so, I take it that these are the entire oeuvre of Mr Hopkins, and a jolly decent life's work too!

In a marked difference to a review of a novel, biography or other prose book, I shall not say that I enjoyed, but rather that I am beginning to enjoy the works of Gerard Manley Hopkins - and that this is an excellent collection thereof.
on 21 July 2013
Lovely to have Hopkins works so easily at hand. My favourite poet from teenage years. His faith imbues all his work.
on 20 November 2015
first class
on 27 November 2013
I got turned on to Manley Hopkins when I was doing my A Levels by a great English teacher we called Mad Mitch. Had him for a general studies lesson. He was an anarchist and the group of us he taught just hit it off with him.