5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Introduction to Gerard Manley Hopkins, 28 Oct. 2013
K. Petersen "Ken" (Hemsby,UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Delphi Complete Works of Gerard Manley Hopkins (Illustrated) (Delphi Poets Series Book 31) (Kindle Edition)
Being something of a novice in this world of poetry, I need all the help that I can get so, the biographical notes and the explanation of Hopkins' prosody, which precedes these poems, was very gratefully received! The book is called the complete works and so, I take it that these are the entire oeuvre of Mr Hopkins, and a jolly decent life's work too!

In a marked difference to a review of a novel, biography or other prose book, I shall not say that I enjoyed, but rather that I am beginning to enjoy the works of Gerard Manley Hopkins - and that this is an excellent collection thereof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, 21 July 2013
Lovely to have Hopkins works so easily at hand. My favourite poet from teenage years. His faith imbues all his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great poet, 27 Nov. 2013
I got turned on to Manley Hopkins when I was doing my A Levels by a great English teacher we called Mad Mitch. Had him for a general studies lesson. He was an anarchist and the group of us he taught just hit it off with him.