4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect to be blown away but it is worth it even if it is just the once., 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Luc Belaire Rare Rose 11.5%
As a HUGE rick ross fan I decided to jump on the band wagon and be a "black bottle boy" for the night. The black bottle with the pink writing does make it look very presentable, once you unwrap the foil you will find the metal cork cover even has a pink "B" written on it as does the cork (which also underneath has "rare rose" written on it). As this is sparkling rose the cork goes with a major bang (the sound of it popping is great),make sure you do not point it at anyone or towards the lights as it comes out with some force! Due to the cost of it make sure you serve it at the correct temperature and in proper glasses, who wants to spend 30 on 750ml of luc belaire and not do it properly? Avoiding the correct temperature and glasses will make a difference to the taste, for the worse!
It was sort of a special moment pouring the first glass and my expectations were high, especially after reading on the back of the bottle " A rich red fruit bouquet precedes a fine palate of strawberry and blackcurrant with a long elegant finish". It looks a lovely shade of red/pink and smells great but the first taste was a bit of an anti climax! I found it a little bit bitter but that doesn't mean you will everyones palate is different, I don't think the strawberry or blackcurrant stood out too much to be honest.
All in all I "did" like it, I also felt quite posh for a moment knowing I was drinking a 30 bottle of luc belaire rose instead of a 4 bottle of black tower, at the end of the night I could feel I had had a bottle of it, the fire was blazing and to top it off radio 1xtra played a track from rick ross's new album mastermind as I finished the last glass, it was a good night and you cant put a price on that. Would I buy more - yes! however probably just for myself, if 2 people share it then this bottle (and your money) will be gone in no time, its nice for a one off, I'd rather spend the same amount on spirits it goes a lot further but if you've got the money then go for it, you only live once!..............Can I add since writing this ive had 2 more bottles served at the correct temperature and im really getting into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative champagne!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Luc Belaire Rare Rose 11.5%
A great alternative for people who don't love traditional champagne. The rosé edge gives it a real nice taste. Make sure you serve it chilled and keep the bottle chilled after opening!
Really enjoyed this bottle and ordered another. The association with Rick Ross doesn't harm my street credit either! Lol!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good service nice rose, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Luc Belaire Rare Rose 11.5%
This drink arrived very well packaged and in a very timely manor. Very nice quality bottle of rosé...I can see why it's a favourite if rapper Rick Ross! And at a nice price!

Luc Belaire Rare Rose 11.5%