on 27 November 2013
If you are considering writing an eBook and do not know how and where to start than this book will definitely help you.
According to Darren, there are 3 key elements to consider while writing an eBook that readers will enjoy- research, unique content and creating a solid outline to guide you all the way.
There's a lot of information in there!
Follow the various strategies and you will be on the way to writing and publishing an eBook containing 5-10,000 words in 7-14 days. Hopefully, you will also make money for your efforts!
Go ahead. Buy this book.......
on 11 July 2013
I'd been considering writing an eBook for quite some time, but quite frankly I didn't know where to start, how I would make money from the book etc. I initially started searching for the answers on the Internet and was eventually lead to Darren's book. It provided me with all the answers to my questions and loads more that previously I hadn't even considered. I now feel, that with the information that I gathered from Darren's book I am ready to begin to write my own. Wish me luck!
on 30 September 2013
HOW TO WRITE AN EBOOK: IN LESS THAN 7-14 DAYS - That Will Make You Money Forever, by Darren Stock is an excellent resource for the neophyte in the world of e-books.

That being said, I also found a number of hints and links for the more advanced user.

Stock discusses how to overcome obstacles to writing and how to research and create your manuscript.

I found the book easy to read and the information quickly decipherable. The conversational style that he uses feels like sitting across the kitchen table having him explain things to you. It is heartening for the new writer to have this information at hand as it covers all aspects of writing an e-book from concept to cover; from marketing to sales.

There is a section on the Amazon affiliate program as well as reminders of the requirements to comply with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding affiliate links.

Some of the links it contains are broken or the destination page does not offer what it did when the book was written. That is one of the problems when using links to pages you don't have control over - they may change.

However, as an excerpt from the book's page at Amazon states, "I will update my book and Amazon will let you know so you can download the updated version. Yes, updates for life for the price of a coffee!"

A bonus the author provides is a link to a free download of his book, Twitter Marketing Guide as well as an excerpt and link to purchase his Five Steps to Earn Money with YouTube.

I recommend this book as a handy reference guide for writing an e-book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a digital copy of this book free from the author. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
on 15 September 2013
I enjoyed this book because the author gave a step by step guide on how to research and write a non-fiction book. There are many how to write books on Amazon, this book is different because Darren Stock also discusses marketing and making use of author central. Before reading this book I didn't realise how important your author central account can be. The same can be said regarding tracking your book sales - this was illustrated in the book. Additionally I found his writing style straight to the point and easy to follow.

The author gave me a copy of the book for an honest review.
VINE VOICEon 26 August 2014
This book does do what it says on the tin and the fact that I bought it proves that the method can work (though I have returned it). If you have no idea how to go about producing your own ebook this book will get you started. What it doesn't do is have any depth to it. I was reminded of a Monty Python sketch which went something like:

How to cure the common cold
1) Get lots of clever scientists
2) Give them lots of time and an expensive laboratory
3) Wait for them to cure the common cold.

I am surprised at the number of 4 and 5 star reviews though the vagaries of reviewing never cease to confuse me. My suggestions is that any interested would-be reader downloads the sample first and then thinks about subscribing to a good blog. This is not a book that has any longevity to it; once read I can't imagine ever going back to it.
on 22 October 2013
This well written book leads you through everything you need to know about publishing a non-fiction book. Darren instructs in clear, precise ways leaving his message clear and easy to understand. Not being a whizz on computers, there was one bit I didn't get the gist of. I emailed Darren and he replied within an hour or so. Very impressive. Not only that, but he gave me the details of his new book which is free for the next 2 days I believe. Anyone considering writing a book should get a copy of this helpful guide. It is money well spent on useful tips and advice, also a wonderful guide to follow before taking the plunge.
on 15 December 2013
I thought the book gave relevant information and clarifies an easy process to follow. Now I will be able to do similar in a more effective manner. It may be useful if the author geared some of the information towards a UK market such as legal issues and whether they apply here
on 2 October 2013
I found this book helpful. Darren shares his experience and writes logically. The information is valuable and helpful for anyone considering publishing on the Kindle platform.
on 12 October 2013
Thanks for this Darren, I usually turn a blind eye to self help books because they usually entice people to buy solely to turn a profit. Although I have read a number of books on self publication thus included a few handy tips I had yet to discover. All in all a useful read.
on 30 April 2014
I found this book really good. The writing style is straight to the point, with bags of helpful links and guidance. It is concise, which I found great, to help me quickly read information, as I have a very busy schedule.

If you are interested in writing your own Kindle books this is very much about the process from start to finish and some great ways to push your sales. This is focussed on the important aspect of marketing, and as such is light on what a book structure might look like. For ideas on writing your chosen book there are other kindle books which contain this detail.

If your serious about writing ebooks this is essential!