5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a film
Published 14 months ago by Mr. A. J. Hawksworth

3.0 out of 5 stars I am so confused
This is utterly conflicting, on one hand, it's interesting and you want to watch it.
On the other hand, it just dips a little too low in production quality at time, and there is one character who is just a caricature and brings the whole thing down.
This is not a film to watch for the sake of it, only buy if you strongly want to watch it for a reason.
It...
Published 6 months ago by Jessemyn Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of a film, 23 Jun 2013
Mr. A. J. Hawksworth "ahawksworth" (Sheffield,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
I was lucky enough to attend the premiere of this film in Bradford and admit to being a little apprehensive as I knew very little of the plot.That said I have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly.A great storyline - i love films set behind the scenes of an industry , especially the music buisness- a little dark at times, full of plenty of twists and turns and a nice little twist at the end (as all good films should be).A really good cast add to this including Daniel Sharman (pre Teenwolf), Carolynne Poole (pre X factor), Richard Massara (well fit!) and Bucks Fizz sexbomb Jay Aston in her film debut (she is excellent and also sings).You can see this was a real team effort and a labour of love for all involved.It's one of those films that i could watch again straight away and see something different in it everytime.I'm thrilled that it's finally available on DvD.Big well done to all involved.

All That Glitters - Cheryl, Mike and Jay formerly of BUCKS FIZZ

3.0 out of 5 stars I am so confused, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
It did arrive quite quickly though.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent film, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
This was avery entertaining film, with an interesting plot that had me hooked from the beginning. It really looks into the struggles of trying to make it in the music industry, and throws in some extra elements to add to the edge-of-your-seat nature of the film. The acting is excellent, and the ending leaves you thinking. I would highly recommend it to any fan of music films, or just interesting films in general.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch., 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
Some of the acting seemed a little stilted in places, but the lead did well and Daniel Sharman (the real reason I bought the movie) stood out. Overall, I liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 24 Sep 2013
Christina (Canal Winchester, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
I did not get it on time, which upset me a little. But the movie itself was amazing. I enjoyed it a lot. I would recommend it to anyone who like Teen Wolf.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing movie, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
This movie is so fantastic! I only give it 4 stars because the sound quality isn't the best and some of the quiet talking gets lost. Also the picture isn't as high quality as you would expect a DVD to be. BUT beyond that, I'm thrilled that I got to watch this movie in general, they don't sell it anywhere in the US.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
It may not be one of the best films in the world but it had a twist and me and my friend enjoyed watching it
Daniel Sharman is an amazing actor and it's worth if you want a good plot twist film
super quick delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Days of E.H., 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
I'd been waiting months for this movie to come out on DVD and it was definitely worth it. I loved the movie, it was bold and quite clever. I actually didn't expect all of the twists that happened. I would definetely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
The movie was fantastic, and the fact that just about everyone worked on this for little to no pay is fantastic. Love seeing new actors (along with ones that I'm familiar with) in independent films!

4.0 out of 5 stars The future's "brite" for Stephen Fox, 15 July 2013
A. K. Crawford "Drew" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Days of Edgar Harding (DVD)
The Last Days of Edgar Harding is the debut independent feature from writer and director Stephen Fox, someone who has spent many years as a writer and performer, spending time in the company of music types and this shows in his interpretation of the highs and lows of the business.

The young actors, many also making their debuts, give credible performances in a film with a great mix of humour and pathos and just a little hint of Hammer horror. The band especially act and react as if they've been friends for a long time and their relationships are very believable.

For me the only thing that I wasn't keen on was the slightly hammy acting of the actor portraying the titular character, but as his was a singularly unpleasant character it just made me dislike him more!!

As an equally huge fan of Eurovision winners Bucks Fizz as Mr Fox, I loved the references from the not-so subtle use of a Fizz t-shirt in an early scene to the inclusion of Bucks Fizz's Jay Aston as Claudia Brite.

Jay's performance of her own song Rosie Banks is just one musical highlight in a soundtrack of gems, the icing on the cake would have been the addition of Cheryl Baker and Mike Nolan!!

Good stuff Stephen! See also the Bucks Fizz documentary "All That Glitters" All That Glitters - Cheryl, Mike and Jay formerly of BUCKS FIZZ

The Last Days of Edgar Harding
The Last Days of Edgar Harding by Stephen Fox (DVD)
Out of stock