Rebellious Soul
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£10.73+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 12 December 2014
I love me some K. Michelle followed her career since 2010. Bought this album over a year ago now only listened to a certain few songs didn't really learn to love the album till a few months ago as only used to skip certain tracks.

1. My Life/The Right One (Intro)

4/5 - When i first heard the song I didn't like it at all. But since of the reality show K. Michelle: My Life being used as the theme song it kinda grew on me. One thing I don't understand is why The Right One is only 1 minute long. She went in hard on that song and I love it.

2. Damn

- 5/5 "Damn I'm feeling some kinda way!" This song called to me one day when I realised "I'm a coward when it comes to love, start to fall for someone and then I run" because i remember from past relationships all I ever got what heartbreak and pain. But you have to take a chance.

3. I Don't Like Me

- 4/5 Being used for one thing is never a good feeling it can make you feel like that's all you are worth. Judging yourself over the other person being the side b*tch.

4. Can't Raise a Man

- 5/5 This became one of my favorite songs on the album instantly from the first time hearing it on her mixtape in 2012 0 F**** Given so I was gladly happy to hear it had made the album.

5. V.S.O.P

- 5/5 Such a feel good song. About a man that knows how to treat a woman that makes you feel 'Very Special'

6. Pay My Bills

- 3/5 This song never really called out to me, talking about sex and all the things you would like to do to a guy.

7. Sometimes/Coochie Symphony

- 5/5 This song pulled at my heart strings a little because I know how it feels to love a person that doesn't care about you that you love. Coochie Symphony was a way to show off her classically trained voice through a comedic song.

8. Ride Out

- 4/5 This is a F U song to a guy that did you wrong and you left that situation and they realised after it was too late that they missed out on a good thing.

9. Hate on Her

5/5 "There's a smile without a home, there's a heart that can't beat no more. How could she be the one you want, when i'm giving you so much" need I say more.

10. When I Get a Man

5/5 Till K. performed this on her reality show 'K. Michelle: My Life' I didn't listen to this song. But I understand where she's coming from with this song. When I find a man he will get my all and I will show him all that he deserves something that every woman/man longs for and to give.

11. A Mothers Prayer

5/5 This song made me smile, talking about her son Chase and her domestic abusive relationship. K. puts so much work and effort into making her son have a roof over his head.

12. Better Than Nothing

5/5 This song is what I'm currently going through. Feeling a type of way about a guy that seems like he's interested in you one minute and then he's not by the way his actions are towards you. Too much thinking can put you into a bad place. But you are only human after all sometimes you have to realise you aren't for everyone there is someone that will love you for you. But sometimes "a little of something is better than nothing".
on 14 August 2013
Where do i start......K. Michelle is ONE OF A KIND :D

Her 1st studio album Rebellious Soul is AMAZING. K has been through some tough times in her life but they have made her stronger :D and she isnt affraid to tell people how it is, if you listen to her album you will know what I mean. I have been a massive fan of K. Michelle's from the 1st time I ever heard both versions of her single Self Made featuring Gucci Mane and Trina. Before releasing Rebellious Soul K released a number of singles from her unreleased album Pain Medicine including Fallin', Self Made and Fakin It featuring Missy Elliott, four mixtapes (which I reccomend to everyone), a number of music videos and a song called Kiss My Ass. She has also released an EP called The Hold Over and has stared in season's 1 & 2 of Love & Hip-Hop ATL. I just know that Rebellious Soul is going to be huge and I want to congratulate K on a job well done.
on 13 August 2013
I'm going to start this review by saying that i have been waiting for this woman's album since 2008 when i heard a few buzz singles called 'Fallin' and 'Cant Do This' (Check them out). After label complications her album 'Pain Medicine' was never released and I was heart broken! This album was well worth waiting for though :).

It flows perfectly and there is no need to skip any songs. Her song writing skills are brilliant and shine brightly on tracks such as 'I Don't Like Me', 'Sometimes' and 'A Mothers Prayer'. These are very heartfelt songs and listening to them makes you relate and really think about things during quiet moments to yourself.
Other songs such as lead single 'V.S.O.P' and 'Pay My Bills' fill you with energy and make you think about your lover with an affectionate smile.

This album really goes through the motions and is very high class R&B soul music.
Before this album was released, K put out 4 mixtapes over a few years which all contain some AMAZING music!
Look those up too! They are all absolute gems!
This album is the result of a very long journey, may the great music keep coming for years to come <3
on 13 August 2013

Look those up too! They are all absolute gems!
on 27 August 2013
This K Michelle's first album and shes done really well, loving the album bar one short track where she goes on about her Gucci being broken--is sung in an oprea style---this is not listed on the track listings----should have been left out!!
Album is very good, must buy and have in your collection!
on 25 November 2014
Received in good time. Album is very much what I thought it would be. Brilliant!
on 19 August 2013
I've only just recently started listening to K Michelle's music, I've heard a few of her songs from her mixtapes and I thought she had a great voice. I've been counting down the days until I could hear this album in full and I have to say it really is one of the best R&B albums to come out this year. Her voice is seriously amazing, so powerful as are her songs. The songs on this album are so raw and so incredibly relatable for women with subjects such as heartbreak and self-esteem, one particular song showcasing this is 'I Don't Like Me' which is a beautiful emotional ballad. There isn't a song I'd skip over but some standout tracks would have to be 'Can't Raise A Man', 'Rideout', 'Pay My Bills' and 'Sometimes'. This album really shows K Michelle's talent as a singer and songwriter and I really can't wait for more music from her.
on 11 December 2014
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!
on 11 April 2014
Still working on whether I like this album, need to play it a few more times, so still quite undecided