Most helpful positive review
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
R&B at it's finest!
on 12 December 2014
I love me some K. Michelle followed her career since 2010. Bought this album over a year ago now only listened to a certain few songs didn't really learn to love the album till a few months ago as only used to skip certain tracks.
1. My Life/The Right One (Intro)
4/5 - When i first heard the song I didn't like it at all. But since of the reality show K. Michelle: My Life being used as the theme song it kinda grew on me. One thing I don't understand is why The Right One is only 1 minute long. She went in hard on that song and I love it.
- 5/5 "Damn I'm feeling some kinda way!" This song called to me one day when I realised "I'm a coward when it comes to love, start to fall for someone and then I run" because i remember from past relationships all I ever got what heartbreak and pain. But you have to take a chance.
3. I Don't Like Me
- 4/5 Being used for one thing is never a good feeling it can make you feel like that's all you are worth. Judging yourself over the other person being the side b*tch.
4. Can't Raise a Man
- 5/5 This became one of my favorite songs on the album instantly from the first time hearing it on her mixtape in 2012 0 F**** Given so I was gladly happy to hear it had made the album.
- 5/5 Such a feel good song. About a man that knows how to treat a woman that makes you feel 'Very Special'
6. Pay My Bills
- 3/5 This song never really called out to me, talking about sex and all the things you would like to do to a guy.
7. Sometimes/Coochie Symphony
- 5/5 This song pulled at my heart strings a little because I know how it feels to love a person that doesn't care about you that you love. Coochie Symphony was a way to show off her classically trained voice through a comedic song.
8. Ride Out
- 4/5 This is a F U song to a guy that did you wrong and you left that situation and they realised after it was too late that they missed out on a good thing.
9. Hate on Her
5/5 "There's a smile without a home, there's a heart that can't beat no more. How could she be the one you want, when i'm giving you so much" need I say more.
10. When I Get a Man
5/5 Till K. performed this on her reality show 'K. Michelle: My Life' I didn't listen to this song. But I understand where she's coming from with this song. When I find a man he will get my all and I will show him all that he deserves something that every woman/man longs for and to give.
11. A Mothers Prayer
5/5 This song made me smile, talking about her son Chase and her domestic abusive relationship. K. puts so much work and effort into making her son have a roof over his head.
12. Better Than Nothing
5/5 This song is what I'm currently going through. Feeling a type of way about a guy that seems like he's interested in you one minute and then he's not by the way his actions are towards you. Too much thinking can put you into a bad place. But you are only human after all sometimes you have to realise you aren't for everyone there is someone that will love you for you. But sometimes "a little of something is better than nothing".