4.0 out of 5 stars I like this program

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this program, 8 July 2013
J D Tilston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I have had this a while now as I was lucky enough to get an upgrade price from version 7 and I think it is much better. I didn't have the one in between so I cannot say if it is much different from that. I think it a really good program for photo editing and graphic design with a fair element of desktop publishing thrown in for good measure. A proper page layout program would be needed for someone needing everything needed for that, but this is perfectly adequate for someone who only does a bit of that. It has quite a steep learning curve, but someone coming from a previous version would pick it up easily. Someone coming from another fully featured program should be fine too. A beginner might find it pretty hard, but the help files are good and, with a bit of dedication, it is possible to pick it up fairly quickly. I didn't find version 7 as good as this version, but everything should improve as it goes along. I think this has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good vector Software, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
I find this to be full featured, yet easy to use vector graphics software, which I think is capable of competing with some much higher priced software.

Less successful is the bitmap photo editing side. Though the cloning and erase functions are good, I find myself using other software when doing any serious photo editing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 April 2014
W. Mckenzie (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This is a very good package and good value for money too. A strong competitor to CorelDraw (Home/Student) since it is quicker and cheaper. I found the Freehand Tool exceptionally slick and easy to use for linework drawing, especially when you adjust the smoothing gauge. Fully supports layers and blending modes for Photoshop export/import. Also, the online video tutorials are very clear and helpful. If your requirement is mainly or exclusively photo work, then maybe Photoshop Elements or Lightroom might be a better bet, but for all-round graphics, design, and bitmap editing I thought this one hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xara Photo &Graphic Designer Software, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Primary purchase was for its ability to handle .eps files but it has proved a versatile package capable of 3D rendered graphics and easy photo design work. For the money extremely good value.

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete waste of money, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
This isn't worth the bother. I bought it change photographs, create new photographic images and create covers for science fiction and horror novels. Frankly you'd be better off using the money to buy lots of pencils or paint brushes and pieces of paper. The processes in this so-called photo and graphic designer are so basic and clumsy there's really nothing you can do with it. And don't expect any help from the useless 'help' mode or the online website.

Unless you've got several thousand to spend on CGI technology then the best way of creating your own pictures is by hand.

Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC)
Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 9 (PC) by Magix Entertainment Ltd (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
59.99