5.0 out of 5 stars Storm Warning by Toni Anderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather Boring, 3 Mar 2014
G (BLANDFORD FORUM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
I read Toni Anderson's books, Dark Waters and Dangerous Waters and these were good stories, well written and you felt involved with the characters. However, this book and the previous one set in Scotland, Sea of Suspicion had 50% story line with the rest being sex scenes which did nothing for the story line at all. I thought I had found a good author in Anderson but will not be bothering to read any more of hers unless she does a third book following Dark Waters and Dangerous Waters both of which have the love scenes but not to the detriment of the story line. I couldn't relate to either Sorcha the heroine nor to Ben the DEA agent whereas I would love to hear more about Holly Rudd and the Carver brothers.if you like pages of anguished sex lines then Storm Warning is for you - otherwise, don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Storm Warning by Toni Anderson, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
Firstly we meet Ben Foley, who is an undercover DEA agent, as he is entering the house of a Columbian drugs baron and about to watch his partner and best friend die at the hands of those evil people. He is determined to find out who the rest of this drugs gang are and put them all away for life and his enquiries lead him to a small Scottish town and to his main suspect, Sorcha. Toni Anderson did such a great job of bringing Ben to life that I could picture him clearly and really connected with him. Although he came across as hard and harsh at the beginning of the story, I could also see that soft side smouldering just below his skin.

Sorcha was a lovely main character and I really enjoyed reading about her. She had a pretty nasty past which was now coming back to haunt her. Literally. For the last year Sorcha has been seeing the ghost of her Dad and hearing voices in her head. She lost her long term boyfriend over it because he thought she was crazy and Sorcha is starting to think he might be right. I connected with Sorcha straight away and we were both thrown into this fast paced plot head first.

I am not kidding when I say this was a fast paced story. The action never stopped. The whole story takes place in just one week real time. What a great plot it was too. Incorporating a bit of everything - suspense, romance, paranormal, murder and mystery this book had it all and more. Storm Warning is beautifully written, exciting, engrossing and a little bit sexy. I loved it! Totally. The only slight niggle I had was the amount of times Sorcha got hurt and just seemed to bounce back immediately from some pretty nasty injuries. I don't think this detracted from the story at all though and Storm Warning is getting 5 stars from me. I think this is definitely a book you should put on your TBR list. I know I'll be looking out for more of Toni's novels.

This book does contain some sex scenes and mentions of rape and I would say it is most suitable for the 16+ age group.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
Story line is good with not too many characters. However there are too many sex scenes and not enough detective work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Somehow this misses, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
Possibly not its fault but I failed to enjoy this book. Why I cannot say but it failed to tick the required boxes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 26 Oct 2013
M. A. Fuller (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
However, storyline is very similar to all her others... Same 'damaged' hero & heroine, impossibly handsome & beautiful, getting together at the end! The first two I read I enjoyed, but now getting bored with this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
A. Lewis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
I found this book entertaining with a lot of twists and turns to keep you wanting to read on

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Riveting a glorious read

4.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD READ., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
Plenty of excitement and a great plot with lots of twists and turns. This book will hold your attention...riveting.

Mysteries and intrigue abound, drugs,smuggling and paranormal entities, secrets which the hero and heroine must unravel all to defeat their enemies.

Strong believable characters who are very likeable and will have you routing for them to get their happy ever after. Hot romance with passionate feelings interspersed with vulnerability and fears of betrayal, all must be overcome by the main protagonists.

All in all, an entertaining book, one that is to be recommended. I will definitely be reading more of this author's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars storm warning, 29 May 2014
K. Marvill "twee molen" (West Yorkshire GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
a very good story even if the sex details are too graphic for my liking the rest was very good I would recommend this as a ladies book

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Storm Warning (Kindle Edition)
fabulous story, a real thriller. kept you ob edge all the way through, kept you guessing wondering how it would work out

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›