on 22 January 2014
I have had the pleasure of working with Suzanne on our MSc Applied Positive Psychology course. This is an incredible book. Grounded in some seriously academic references, it mixes day to day practice in business and coaching with Psychology and well being research. It is throughly easy to read and suggests ideas for coping, stress management and career progression amongst others, in a very subtle and non patronising way (which I have found rare in this genre).

Being from a background in inner city secondary education and now lecturing I was able to access the book and find it very useful. I can highly recommend this to any educator, business or young professional. Positive Failure: Understand how embracing failure is a tool for development
on 21 August 2013
This book does an excellent job of applying research from positive psychology in a business environment. It is easy to read and is packed with practical, evidence-based actions that promote a healthy work life balance. I have personally picked up many useful tips that will help me with changing my mindset, decision making and working effectively with others. I was also really impressed with the number of topics covered such as, flow, positive emotions, time perspectives, luck... so there is something for everyone! Overall, this book does a fantastic job of harnessing the latest scientific research in order to improve well-being and being more motivated and engaged at work.
on 4 July 2013
I have known and worked with Suzanne for over 10 years and was lucky enough to receive an early copy of this book.

I am quite sceptical about 'self-help' books - so often they seem to have been written by theorists with no experience of the real world. By contrast, Suzanne backs up her ideas with both the latest research and anecdotes about her own experiences working for large organisations, both good and bad!

Great Days at Work is an inspiring and very readable book. I came away with practical and achievable ideas for how to ensure that I get the most out of work and have noticed the results already, thank you Suzanne!
on 8 July 2013
The book provides a framework that can be utilised as a complete holistic approach, or the reader can select from individual modules according to their personal need and focus. It blends scientific evidence and latest research with some well established concepts, enabling the reader to make chocies and determine practical action for themselves. An excellent vehicle for provoking thought, reflection and for building concrete action and next steps. I have managed various teams for the majority of my business career, and I can thoroughly recommend it for professionals and managers alike.
on 26 September 2013
Great Days at Work distills key research findings from the science of positive psychology and show how they can be practically applied in the workplace. The books provides a mixture of thought provoking insights (the chapter on Time Persepctives is particularly interesting)as well as plenty of activities based on real world coaching/training expertise, all written in an engaging style. A great resource for anyone interested in improving their worklife.
on 4 July 2013
This does what it says - based on the latest positive psychology research but written in a very easy style - this book is full of tips and ideas for helping you get great days at work. From how to handle emotions to working with others to the chapter I found most helpful - how to create good habits. Have a feeling I shall continue dipping into this for some time to come!
on 19 July 2013
This book is an essential addition to anyone's library. There are many management books on the market that tell people how to organize and run their business for success. Great Days at Work manages to put a different spin on this topic by looking at the psychology of what makes people happy in the workplace

Happiness leads to success. By following this simple premise the author has very effectively laid out techniques that individuals can use in the workplace to make every day more enjoyable and successful. The book applies equally to business leaders who want to apply some of these techniques to their teams.

I have been lucky enough to have been in leadership positions in 3 major corporations and have been heavily involved in staff development and training throughout my career. This book will get a permanent place on my bookshelf and the techniques laid out in the book will have a positive impact on my working life.
on 20 September 2013
A constant theme with the dynamic small businesses we work with is the difficulty of getting things done. For a while it's a novelty having a marketing plan. Then it becomes annoying that it's the end of the quarter again and so much on the marketing to do list hasn't been done.

That's why I love this book from Suzanne Hazleton who contributed a chapter along with RCR to this summer's Amazon best-selling business book (I kid you not!): Entrepreneurs Succeed with Us: Creating High Performance Business.

If flailing yourself to get things done isn't working, Suzanne looks at things from the other end: finding the right energy to make things effortless. I particularly like her three-layered framework, looking at mindset, personal responsibility and choice. If these things chime with you, you might want to buy the book now. Go on, do it! It might even be fun!
on 5 July 2013
This book is Great at bringing the benefits of Positive Psychology to a Business audience that want to learn more about the Art and Science of Flourishing and for Individuals to Enjoy having more Great Days at Work. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in going from OK to Thriving at Work.
on 9 July 2013
This is the second book from Suzanne Hazelton's, and this author knows the art of simple and useful books! She presents "Positive Psychology" concepts in an accessible and concrete dynamic. She knows her subject and gives a whole series of daily examples so that we took advantage of these concepts shes brings to us. So the "positive psychology" (this idea to study the human beings "effective" manners to work rather than to bend over the mechanics of what does not work) becomes an ongoing support for the daily life at work - and everywhere else. This book is very complete, it includes many exercises, it is really a "textbook" to help us change what could work better in our lives, a dense book which allows us to resume the control (our life control) in practical and important domains. Thank you Suzanne!