5.0 out of 5 stars Big bad sky warriors!, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
My first book by this author and probably should have read the previous book in series first (grabbed by Vicious) before picking this one up! Having said that I found it could stand alone and I easily followed the plot.
A planet somewhere in the distant future that is protected by an alien race who receive tributes that include young single females. Enter Naya a young woman who doesn't want to be captured but who plans to help her friend escape to be with the man she loves. Naya is successful at aiding her friends escape but finds herself captured by one of the big bad sky warriors that she's fleeing from. Menace is from the outset determined to dominate his female and show her the delights of being his but he has to convince Naya that life with him isn't just about slavery. Their voyage of discovery has only just begun and those around them are not always to be trusted.
This is an erotic story but Manace has got to be the most gentle alpha male I have ever come across. Yes there is plenty of sex and its definitely not vanilla! He has what he refers to as a playroom but personally I'd call it a torture chamber! If toys or ménage offend then maybe not the book for you but I thought the ménage scene was hot and in keeping with the storyline. It wasnt a free for all with Naya being used or abused in any way.
Would definitely recommend this authors work as her writing is clear and easy to follow. The storyline flowed really well and I will be buying more by her. Just hope that the character Terror can be given a book of his own at some point!
Remember this is fantasy to be enjoyed!
5 stars from me

4.0 out of 5 stars MENACE, 28 July 2013
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Second story in this series features Menace a sky warrior, who is going to enter the grab and get himself a wife. He's looking for a nice docile girl, but the one he has picked out is in love with another. Naya is determined to help her friend succeed in not getting grabbed so she can escape with her lover. So instead of the docile beauty he planned on, Menace ends up with Naya a dark beauty who can curse with the best of them, and she has no intentions of giving in to Menace. But after a rocky start to their relationship, Naya realises that Menace isn't all bad. He likes his toys and domineering his woman. But he has a good heart. I personally did not mind the ménage scene as he was fulfilling one of Naya's fantasies. He did it for her even though he was not too keen.

Naya has a past which eventually gets used against her. So this story is rather more dramatic than the first book. I would have liked to see Menace be a bit stronger and not act as he did. But he did pay the price for his lack of faith. I was a bit disappointed in one of the other sky warriors as I was hoping he would get his own story, but that doesn't look likely at the moment. Unless of course the author plans to redeem him. I'm hoping she will!
I enjoyed this addition to the series, it's hot and sexy. I look forward to the next, lets hope we don't have to wait too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this series right from the outset. 2nd instalment keeps the story going. Looking forward to book 3 already !

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Naya owns a pawn shop and helps smuggle people and medicine, her friend jennie has been entered in the grab so naya manages to swap another name with hers for the grab so she can help her friend beat the grab which obviously doesn't go according to her plan.
Her character is tough and streetwise with a foul mouth and fights for what is right, she is terrified when she is grabbed so she falls back on her streetwise, foul mouth persona and looks for a way to escape, what she doesnt expect is menace who is ptient with her and brings out a sexual side in her she never thought she had.
menaces character is a dominant alpha male but gentle and caring at the same time, he is battle weary and longs for a wife and family, someone to come home to.

Wow this is better than the first in the series grabbed by vicious, there is a lot more action in this book though it doesn't come until your halfway through, the romance is predominant all the way through with an emotional part that pulled at my heart strings, the love scenes are good and a couple of them are red hot. I couldnt put this book down I read it in one sitting, the characters are all great and 3 dimensional, you meet other harcos warriors aswell, vicious and hallie are part of the story as well which was nice to hear from them, the story is great and kept me interested without flicking or skimming pages. Im definitely going to buy the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Just as good as first book . Now that Menace has accepted that the love of good woman is the best thing to happen to him . Strong storyline , lots of opportunities for the next books to be just as good .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Nov 2013
St (Rochester, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book. Have not read the first one as it did not appeal but I think that has changed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Show Me The Menace, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
**Copy of book provided by NetGallery in exchange for an honest review**

Caught by Menace? Erm YES please! There are times when you wish fantasy was reality. Reading this book was one of those times for me.
What happens when you have a Dominant male and take no crap female and mix them with a blend of BDSM? A seriously hot and steamy, burn up the sheets, give me a cold shower read is what happens. Phew!

This is the first book that I've read by Lolita Lopez and wasn't sure what to expect. I love the story line, I love the characters and I love the theme. The book flowed for me and the scenes moved from one to another really well. It was a very smooth read in that aspect.

As you can imagine with a dominant leading male and a hard as nails leading woman this book was not short on action or suspense. It is definitely a keep you on the edge of your seat page turner. However, from the build-up of the two leading character I expected a bit more reluctance to Naya submitting to Menace. For me, her will was broken a little too easily with not enough fireworks. This could have been expanded on more.

As the synopsis suggests there is an M/F/M scene in the book and although the sex scenes are steamy I don't think the M/F/M scene went far enough for me. Now I know this is personal choice and is no reflection at all on the book or the author but I did find it tame.

I am awarding Caught by Menace a 4* rating. It was a good read and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another of Lolita's book to read in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars alien romance.., 19 July 2013
This review is from: Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
its a lovely love story .i would have liked it to be a bit longer .The heroine is a real kick arse ,and the hero sounds dishy

Caught by Menace (Grabbed Book 2)