on 24 February 2014
I got this to help with a minor ankle sprain from a running fall last weekend and it's really helped to reduce the pain and swelling and increase mobility to the extent that I now feel able to resume my running this week. This is my first proper injury and I think it's a tendon overstretch rather than a tear as I've not had any bruising. But I didn't know that you need to treat with ice ASAP so I'd left it for about 5 days, wearing just a compression sock and hoping it would get better by itself! (...it didn't... )

I now know to do RICE as soon as I get any kind of pain and not assume that a niggling pain it will go away after a few days!

The velcro strap is perfect and allows you to strap the compress on as tightly as you want. The gel pack is flexible so you can mould it around the area you need to treat. We had another gel pack in the fridge which also fits the sleeve so I can alternate between the two and don't have to wait for it to re-freeze.

The best thing about it is that you can ice your injury without being completely immobile and stranded on the sofa for 20 minutes. This means that I can easily elevate my leg without the compress falling off and can get up and walk around, cook and do other things while wearing it. Which encourages you to use it more frequently as it's not such a palava as sitting with a bag of ice that keeps sliding off...

After a weekend of using this about 7 times, (plus some mobility exercises, stretching, swimming and ibuprofen) my ankle is significantly better, much less swollen, more flexible and much less painful. I can now walk without a limp, the ache is almost gone and I'm looking forward to running again in a few days, so am delighted with this purchase!
on 23 April 2014
Really happy with this gel pack. A very simple product - a standard gel pack in a pouch with a velcro strap. I've been using it for a few weeks on a sprained ankle and it has helped a lot. The velcro strap allows you to fit the pouch into exactly the right place - much better than a bag of peas! I'm hoping to injure another part of my body soon so I can offer an opinion about its effectiveness in relation to, say, knee or back pain. Fingers crossed!
on 14 December 2013
The freeze pack is a good size and fairly flexible when frozen.
I used it for my shoulder and it gradually moulded to shape allowing it to cool a large area at once.
The elastic strap is useful to keep it in place.
on 12 May 2014
very easy and comfortable to use would recomend for use on knee after total knee replacement.as knee is very swollen.
on 30 May 2014
I have Osteo Artheritis very easy to use gave great relief and have used these to help with join pain on the knees while building up muscle.
on 1 December 2013
used this for lower back pain - very comfortable - easy to adjust and not too big or bulky to wear - only problem the heat/ice doesnt stay that way for long enough but that is not really a fault of the product itself. will definitely use it again.
on 25 February 2014
Have used hypagel products in the past, I'm an athlete & it's very handy to have one in the freezer to use for any strains/injuries. Much better than a conventional icepack as it's flexible. Prompt delivery, very pleased.
on 16 November 2013
Arrived quickly and is suitable for "larger" knees!

Simply packaged with little wastage.

Freezer thingy stays cold for a good length of time.
on 20 April 2016
As a man made mostly from glass who plays Sunday league football, snowboards and goes white water kayaking I've had a couple of different Ice packs before. Of the products available, the differences in the actual ice packs are negligible.

These ones stand out as a result of the quality of the sleeves they come with. They have long and wide Velcro straps which allow you to securely keep them in place. For example my most recent injury is a dislocated ankle and these straps allow me to wrap them around the ice pack and my ankle twice comfortably without feeling like I'm stretching the straps or they're straining in anyway.
on 3 August 2015
Both of the ice packs started leaking from the seal at one end within 3 days of purchase. I would have returned them but I was away and couldn't have them seeping the chemical gel everywhere. The seam split at the same place on both the packs within a couple of hours of each other and they had been used exactly in accordance with the instructions so I firmly believe this was a manufacturing defect.