4.0 out of 5 stars Small but sturdy
This thing is small. I have uploaded a photo of it alongside a 20p coin and a Yale key to give a better idea. It also has a strong attachment eye integral to the body so it can't snap off. The hole is necessarily small, so you need a lanyard (supplied) to attach it - the hole is too small to accommodate a typical spring-clip device.

The supplied lanyard has...
Published 13 months ago by Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars there must be a better option!
This comes preformatted with the ghastly M$ exFAT and initially I had no option to change it.

File size is limited to I think 2GB and copying speed seems to be inferior to NTFS (15MB/sec) which after I changed mine went to 35MB going down to 16MB on a 4.4GB file. So exFAt did not work for me.

Either google how to change it to NTFS or like me find...
Published 5 months ago by D&D

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but sturdy, 4 Nov 2013

The supplied lanyard has two-part threaded split barrel piece (see photo) which unscrews to allow you to detach the USB drive from your keyring. This is a bit of a fiddle since the barrel is small, narrow diameter and smooth - the sausage-fingered might struggle. An O-ring at the junction of the two parts of the barrel provides the friction to prevent it unscrewing itself, provided you screw it up tight enough in the first place, not easy due to the small size and smooth finish.

At least they have thought about the problem of losing this USB drive and designed a strong integral attachment point and supplied better than just a basic lanyard. My only criticism is that the detachment mechanism could be better thought out, easier to manipulate and more positive. I am left with the slight doubt that the the lanyard could unscrew itself and I'd never notice the USB drive dropping off my keyring.

Be warned also that the USB drive can be awkward to get in and out of some recessed USB slots typical on older PCs etc. On the other hand, it virtually invulnerable to being knocked and damaged whilst in the USB slot. A primary teacher also commented to me that it might prove less easy/obvious/tempting for magpies in the classroom to make off with it. On my PC I can easily close the sliding cover over the USB/memory card module with USB drive in situ, so it is hidden from view.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and Fast!, 23 Sep 2013
Ben L. Powell (South Wales) - See all my reviews
Needed a small, fast USB to ship large files between PC's.Tiny enough to fit onto a keyring, about the size of my thumbnail. Nice and fast, getting 125 MB/S read and 21 MB/S write using CrystalDiskMark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Fast & Good-looking, 7 Oct 2013
Ordered to use as additional space on my Xbox (to install GTAV).

Arrived swiftly & was even smaller than expected. Recognised & formatted by the Xbox. Fits in so tightly you can hardly see it. Would definitely recommend & will probably by another for have in my MS Surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Tiny, Super Fast, 10 Aug 2013
This thing is tiny. Like really tiny. And transfer speeds are fast!

It is so small you could easily lose it if carrying it around in a pocket etc however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic form factor, 18 July 2013
C. Schroeder "curts" (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This small form factor is fantastic if you want a low-profile thumb drive. Fits on a key chain ring without having to use the supplied mini-lanyard. While not the fastest USB 3.0 device, it is still way faster than the USB 2.0 device it replaced. Portable applications launch noticeably quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fitted with a good push fit, 8 Oct 2014
D. R. Price (UK) - See all my reviews
Integral Europe Fusion USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB Metallic Grey.
Order received as expected. Item performed as expected. Hence the 5 stars.
Order placed on 29th Sept. 2014 from Amazon Market Place seller 'My Memory' for £23-95. Delivery window was 3rd-7th Oct.
Order despatched on 30th Sept.
Order received on 3rd Oct via Royal Mail, the first day of the delivery window, as expected.
Unexpectedly, the order had been despatched from Switzerland via 'Accelerated Bulk Airmail' with a declared Customs Value of £11-97, so presumably the airmail postage cost £11-98.
After delivery, I used it in two different laptops, with no problems at all. It fitted with a good push fit, not too loose, not too hard to insert and remove. It was initially formatted as FAT 32, with 57.6GB free space (disappointingly low for a 64GB device, but plenty adequate for my purposes). I reformatted to NTFS, and there were still 57.6GB free space. To check that it really could hold 57.6GB (and was not one of the poor copies one reads about), I copied 56.4GB of largish video files to it; using a USB2 interface, this took 62 minutes, which I think is quite good; I then checked that the first a last files copied were fully playable, which they were.
The item protrudes approx. 10mm from the laptop socket. Although supplied with a lanyard, this is not needed as the item can easily be removed from my laptops with finger and thumb; the lanyard may be needed if the item is a really tight fit in some device. I have read reports that this item can get too hot, and somes therefore fail. Before purchase, I took this up with Integral, who implied that there's do not get TOO hot, but if they did then the item should not be further used, but there was no clear definition of how hot to expect the item to get in normal use not how hot was TOO hot. Whilst copying the 56.4GB of files to the item, it did get hot, but not too hot to touch, and as soon as the files were copied, it soon (within a minute) cooled off. Conclusion: I keep it permanently in a laptop; when actually being used, it gets hot'ish; when not actually being used, it stays cold. As I have had it for only a week, time will tell if this item is reliable long term.

11th November. Have now had the item for 1 month, and it's still working well. Have had to remove the NTFS Property 'Index this drive for faster searching' in order that the item, when left in, is recognised by a laptop which has been hibernated.
Have bought a 16GB version for use with music files in the car radio system. Having first formatted it to NTFS, I discovered that the car radio system would not play the files correctly (did not seem to acess folder system properly). Having reformatted the item back to FAT32, it works fine with the car audio system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and fast, I've had no problems yet, 7 Nov 2013
R. Court - See all my reviews
Via a USB 2.0 connection it achieved 12 MB/s, on USB 3.0 it achieved 23.4 most of the time, it finished after I got bored of watching the bar, but it wasn't obviously too late to have still been on that schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, fast and cheap., 4 Sep 2014
L. McIntosh (Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This thing is small, as I'm sure a lot of reviews have already stated, but I'll reiterate once more, its about the size of a Penny coin, smaller once its inserted into my laptop. I use this as an expansion of my ultrabook's ssd drive and I just leave it in all the time, it doesn't get in the way or stick out too far (less than 1 cm).

I was happy with the real world writing speed. I copied over approx. 20 GB of files of various file types/sizes and averaged approx. 19MB/s on Windows 8.1, read speed is considerably faster.

The metal casing is nice and makes a change from the flimsy plastic you tend to find these days.

Overall I'm very happy with the product and looking forward to when there is 128 GB version, but until then I'll continue to use this gem.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far GREAT!, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Integral 16GB Fusion USB 3 Flash Drive (Accessory)
I am using this to boot computers into Linux without installing anything. It has allowed me to do things pretty fast owing to it's usb 3.0 capability. I would recommend it for its small size and nice looks, just don't misplace it. This defines 'leave in USB stick'

2.0 out of 5 stars there must be a better option!, 21 July 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Either google how to change it to NTFS or like me find that once you have copied something to it the option to change to NTFS appears..

For a USB 3, speeds are disappointing!

Integral 16GB Fusion USB 3 Flash Drive