on 29 July 2013
I have had this device up and running for several days now, I have done nothing but watch streaming movies & tinker with the XBMC.
I am very impressed with this DroidBox iMX6 & Have ordered another for the bedroom. It does everything it says it can do. It is responsive to keyboard and remote control commands, however you need to point the remote at the box when interacting with it "a minor annoyance". The box can also be set-up to run as an access point come range extender for your network if needs be.

To get good steady streaming movies or TV you need to be on a decent broadband package so as not to suffer buffering whilst watching your TV. The box does get fairly hot whilst in use so be sure to give it plenty of space to allow it to cool as there is no active fan built in. You can also plug in or expand the memory of the box via USB,MicroSD & External HDD. Bluetooth shows up on the set-up page within the android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean BUT it does not work as I am guessing it does not have the Bluetooth chip built into the DroidBox motherboard.

You can also see your Twitter feed plus log into your Facebook account & also check your Google email account. If you don't like the remote that comes with the DroidBox you can use your Android phone as the remote once you grab the remote software from Google Play. If you have content on your phone e.g a photo or a video you took earlier in the day, you can stream it wirelessly to your TV via Droidbox.

At £74 this is a great bit of kit and if its what you need I would not hesitate to recommend it to you.
The only down side for me is the "waste of paper manual" which looks like it was written for or by spiders its that small. Why do manufacturers waste time making them when they are impossible to read.

Other than that I am very impressed with the DroidBox and would "Highly Recommend" it.
PS! Buy a small keyboard to use with it as it make life that bit easier when using the browser & typing stuff in.

UPDATE 04/09/2013
This box has now got a problem with the WiFi failing to connect to my network.
The system just freezes up and I am unable to do anything with it.
This could just be that the WiFi Chip has acquired a fault.
I have noticed that when you set the WiFi switch to ON! some 30 seconds later it Defaults back to OFF! by itself.

However the second box I bought works fine without any problems at all.
So I have now I have informed the supplier & hopefully they will send a replacement.
88 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2016
I bought this as my first Android box. If all you want to run is simple applications such as "Showbox" or "Mobdro" then this is the box for you. It will run all these without any problems. However, if you wish to a do a little more, such as use an application called "Kodi" with the latest updates, then this box is not powerful enough and lacks the RAM and storage to be able to cope with updates.

The device is very easy to set up and use, straight out of the box and comes loaded with all the usual applications. You can install further apps if you wish by directly from the Google Store. Running Showbox and Mobdro is very straightforward, just select the app using the enclosed remote and watch all the movies, TV and live streaming you can consume! The remote included with the device is quite basic and using a wireless keyboard is highly recommended.

If you wish to upgrade "Kodi" and install the "Chris-B - The Beast" patches, this box is unable to cope. However, to use this device straight from the box and for simple home use, this box works fine.
on 15 December 2014
Don't waste you're time with this!! Most of the time it doesn't work and when it does it keeps buffering?? Go for the x7 quad-core.
on 8 December 2014
Since using other Droid boxes I wouldn't buy this one again, seems like a rush job where stuff doesn't quite work as you'd expect
on 9 May 2014
Worked for a few days then broke down has been returned, replacement not expected the old one to be repaired, bad news
on 14 December 2013
from the start I had sky package also talktalk but the only thing I have now is my little droid box its twice the size of a cig pack sitting on my tv stand and why because this is amazing blooming brill I can watch sky free Netflix even bt sports sky sports on demand right years ago there was a program called kojak yes now I can watch it am telling you if you want to watch anything yes anything even whats in the cinema better than that before it gos in the cinema right transformers due out 2014 yip you got ive seen it already now that's first class you can even use facebook all those types of sites oh also buy the vipe remote also as you have a qwerty keyboard on it its also like a mobile phone as you can Skype get apps all free not a penny for anything even a payper view sports event its all flippin free am quids in if I had this sellers address id send him a big present for xmas why because he has saved me a lot of money and besides the point he is there at hand to help if needed but you wont as you plug and play oh you can also play games on it just download them and play away right you only need to enter your wireless broadband code in to it just follow the few wee simple steps and you will be glued to it I have had my one for a wee bit now so still getting used to it because thers that much on it I want on it the kids want on it my wife wants on it god the only way to sort this out is buy another 2 problem sortedme and my wife said whats the point in santa leaving dvds as we don't need them any more its at our finger tips oh you can link up your fancy ipads or pods or use your android phones as a remote look for now am going to say happy xmas and new year ive something to go and buy I wonder what ???????
66 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2014
Although the retailer has tried to advise, the box has never followed the instructions given. Unsuccessful purchase!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2014
Set up and operation is for computer literates. Would be nice if there was a front end to de-geek the system. I can operate it but the rest of the family are mystified.
on 25 May 2014
Like others I bought this system to gain access to IPTV in Southern Spain and as has been said, it is essential for prospective users to read up on the vagaries of both the MX box and the XBMC systems as it is pretty complicated for anyone who is used to the simplicity of the old freeview systems which are now sadly U/S here. In my case I initially thought everything was fine but within a few hours despite all efforts I could not get the box to return to the default home screen as it was stuck in a loop which referred to a mobile phone application, so I reluctantly returned it (with no problems) via Amazon, having had no response from the suppliers 'support'. I reordered another (cheaper!) version and found it to be much more stable and it works well within the limitations of IPTV (buffers to varying degrees at dusk and on popular programmes) so my advice would be to persevere and take things slowly and one at a time and it gets easier with use.
on 11 November 2014
The pictures are fading.Poor quality picture streaming.Not impressed by the Droidbox.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse