5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, again!, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Other Places - A Paranormal Mystery (The Black Room Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
The end of this part had probably the greatest cliffhanger I've ever read, totally unexpected, I actually purchased part 4 less than a minute after finishing this, just had to know what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring on part 4, 8 Jan 2014
Sue Phillips (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
I feel a bit breathless, my emotions have been up and down, so many more twists and turns my head is still struggling to make sense of it all. I thought I was getting to grips at last and then a bombshell hit me and part 4 was beckoning as I'm sat holding my breath.
Your writing is pretty damn good Mr Smitherd, your blowing my mind to smithereens !!!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Encore! (Please, quickly!!), 22 July 2013
The latest book in The Black Room quadrilogy is all that I'd hoped for and more. The mystery of Chuck and Minnie continues to deepen and the twist at the end has got me absolutely chomping at the bit for the final part. Luke Smitherd continues to show mainstream published writers how it's done; fantastic character development, a seemingly watertight plot and flowing prose made this impossible to put down. As I'm not a an author myself it's hard to put into words how much I enjoy Mr Smitherd's books - if you enjoy delving into the alternative but grounded realities which made Iain Banks a household name, give it a go... brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 1 July 2013
Just as good as the first two, with a great twist at the end that leaves me feeling very intrigued. You have to read parts one and two first to understand the plot, so buy them first. Can't wait until the final part and the conclusion.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, original story in four instalments, 16 July 2014
NOTE THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS POSTED FOR THE FIRST THREE INSTALMENTS. THE FINAL INSTALMENT HAS A SEPARATE REVIEW: Having just read (and enjoyed) The Stone Man (and yes, Luke, I've given TSM a review also), I thought I'd give this one a go too. As with TSM, the author tells a good yarn, one that's original and well-written, and keeps the reader entertained and turning those pages. Luckily all four parts of the book are out now as I would have been a little frustrated to have to wait for the next instalment, but I guess that just confirms how much I enjoyed the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gripping read, 14 July 2014
What can I say but this is an awesome book that I can't help but want to read non stop to its final conclusion. Well done again to the author for a great storyline and keeping me gripped. Looking forward to checking out your other books when I have finished this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author, 13 July 2014
Great , very good idea. I read all 3 parts in a day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another small bite at the mystery, 30 Jun 2014
Just when you think...it's getting interesting....it ends. The tension and mystery continues to build and we'll see if Part 4 brings it all together satisfactorily. I would have preferred this in one book....this is a bit too eccentric....to meet deadlines. Irritating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
Part three of the series - again can't wait to read the next part to find out what happens

5.0 out of 5 stars The suspense is killing me!, 13 Jun 2014
Cant wait for the next bit! This is a great series of books (although short) and I am really glad I found them- it does get very dark