5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing anime
I watched the first episode and was hooked, this is one of those rare anime that is not too heavy on combat or fanservice and still turns out to be a master piece
Published 18 months ago by Reznel

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird but captivating
Published 22 months ago by Captain_Tintin

4.0 out of 5 stars i liked it, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Bakemonogatari: Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
this anime is very good. the story and characters are good. you will need a bit of time to get it

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing anime, 21 Nov. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Bakemonogatari: Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I just want it to be known that this series deserves more than a 3 star rating, it is strange but it's unique and if you don't mind gore and "artistic ecchi" then this may be the sort of anime you should check out. It mainly comprises of dialogue with the typical SHAFT animation style of varying camera shots and things that are just...plain weird! It is 15 episodes long, but has a sequel (Nisemonogatari, which in turn has its own sequel, which is currently airing).

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
It was on time

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird but captivating, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Bakemonogatari: Part 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I watched this anime on a whim about a year ago and I'm glad I did, It won't be a show for everyone and I'm sure I don't understand half the jokes as some are play on words in Japanese, but I can't help but love the art style and uniqueness that comes with this. The DVD arrived this morning and I watched the first disc and it was just as good as the first time around, some of the quick panels are unreadable but I think this has always been on purpose. Really glad I bought this and have just pre-ordered the second part that releases later this month and can't wait :)

Bakemonogatari: Part 1 [DVD]
Bakemonogatari: Part 1 [DVD] by Akiyuki Shinbo (DVD - 2013)
Used & New from: £8.89