5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Design, Excellent Camera, Long Battery Life
Published 13 months ago by Robert

3.0 out of 5 stars Uk stock!
Phone is good, as expected. The only down side is that the description of it being UK stock is misleading, as the phone is Chinese based programing, with English language selected.
Published 3 months ago by Mr G D Butcher

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Design, Excellent Camera, Long Battery Life, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Huawei Ascend P6 SIM Free Smartphone UK - Black (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have been using this phone for a couple of weeks now and haven't been more impressed by a phone. I upgraded from an iPhone 4S and the difference is massive. For starters, I can get two full days battery life out of the phone - which is unbelievable to me after having put up with sometimes having to charge my iPhone throughout the day to keep it going. I love the Android skin as it does away with the app draw and makes everything much simpler to navigate than other android phones i've played on. Its actually more similar to the iPhone than other android phones.

The 8 megapixel camera isn't as high as other phones but the quality can be really amazing. it struggles a little in low light photos though. Overall i'm very impressed, especially with the build quality which is even better than my old iphone. I was very surprised this phone comes from a maker i've never heard of!!

4.0 out of 5 stars P6 Rocks, 5 Sep 2013
This is a very good piece of kit for a good price, I've never owned a smartphone before so realistically cannot comment about its standing amongst it rivals suffice to say that if this was the lowest denominator then the rest must be really special.
So from my lowly opinion.
It feels great in your hand.
It does or hasnt overheated.
It takes good pics, not the best but on the screen they look brill.
Ive played the game loaded on it and it works fine.
It loads pages quickly and effectively.
The battery seems to last for about 2 Days without using it but this seems to be getting better, not sure if this is good or not.
Low price.
Good Looking.
Seems to integrate easily with my WiFi.
Im Happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Looker, 10 Oct 2013
Ok I didn't get it off Amazon, got it off another retailer for £240, a fair bit cheaper than amazon. So here goes then. This phone is a very good mid-higher range phone. Its not up to my S4 in multitasking but it blows it away in looks. At just over 6mm thick, or should I say thin, this phone really looks the business. Friends often remark on this device & are amazed by its looks, although lose interest when you say its made by Huawei. Their comments are usually that they would not buy because its chinese. This often comes from people with the iPhone, although I do remind them that their over hyped & vastly overpriced iPhone is actually made in China. They usually look blank at this piont.
The P6 is one of the best ear piece speakers of any phone I have ever owned & I own a few & have owned many. I point this out because it stood out to me when making a call. Only the Sony xperia P I once owned ever made me realise how good the call quality was & now the Huawei P6. The camera is an 8meg at the back but also has a 5meg at the front, a feature my daughter really likes for self portraits.
The item has a quality feel being mainly alloy & to be honest I have had to put on the free gel case you get with the phone because its so slim I find it hard to pick up.
The comments regarding overheating are to be dismissed, as said I have owned dozens of smart phones & they all heat up when being tasked. It's obvious a device is going to heat when the battery is being pushed. Also I saw a comment if the battery is built in then when the battery becomes faulty the phone is lost. No they are not! take to qualified vendors who can replace all batteries even in phones with sealed batteries. I might add the battery is not a common fault with phones, its only the devices misuse.
Never usually let your battery drop below 10% & fully discharge once a month & try not to do part charges & complete full charges & your battery should outlast the rest of the device.
The android software interface provided by Huawei is fantastic. You are able to power manage the device to fantastic levels. You can decide if many applications use 2G/3G or just wifi, so stopping all those power drains going on in the background of most devices without your knowledge.
You can also switch back to default android software on many applications, so all is very familiar.
The device has a screen just below five inches but the device is by no means large. The P6 gets the screen size by being long & narrow, rather than wide. This then makes it easy to operate with one hand. The connection to wifi was faultless & also bluetooth. I transferred many items like pictures & music without any faults with an S3 & nexus 4.
I would say at this price anyone who has only owned a feature phone & wants try a smart phone should go for this phone over any rival. When people are paying over £350 for the silly gimmicky s3 mini & the likes, please use your money more wisely & buy a real smart phone with some guts in it. This phone is running a 1.5 quad core, the uk S4 is only 1.7 quad core. How they fit it all in is amazing.
So there you have it. Good solid phone with a more than decent performance for a decent price. If I was buying someone a phone for xmas, this is 100% the phone I would get them, at this time.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good smartphone with big services, 7 Oct 2013
when I bought it I saw many critiques with regard to which the battery was warming up too much if you were using during a lot of time, but fortunately it has not been like that, I go two months with this phone and it neither warms up, nor is blocked nor has given me any problem.
Also I saw bad opinions about the volume of the music, that is solved raising the audio level in the multimedia option.

With regard to the mailing and procedure of the order, it was quite very rapid and the seller informs myself at all times about the state of my order.

it was a good buy at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 26 Dec 2013
This phone is just unexplainable for how ace it is. And I have had many phones. Definitely would recommend to ANYONE. If you are thinking about it, stop thinking and buy it. Trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars really nice phone, 24 Sep 2013
My wifes mother is using the phone. She is not an advanced user but she loves this phone for its flawless design and finish.

In my eyes this phone is a trusted companion for any daily situation. It is fast enough for any app available on the market and the battery is very durable, so my wifes mother puts it every second or third day to the plug.

She takes a lot of photos and especially she likes the effects for picture quality enhancement (skin smoothing, hdr filter etc.) which are already included in the stock camera app. The camera itself takes really good pictures, at least as good as taken by the iphone 4s. (not compared with the newer models)

I would recommend this phone to everyone who appreciates high quality and great performance. You really get a lot for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huawei P6 - Excellent Purchase, 11 April 2014
I liked this product because it's one of the most recent smartphones and for the specifications it has got, I thought it was pretty cheap! Besides, it is the thinner smartphone that exists and that counts a lot.
I recommend this phone for those who like thin, light phones and at the same time, the latest technology and speed in software

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, good deals available., 21 Sep 2013
Ms. M. Gorman (UK) - See all my reviews
The only problem I have with this phone is the difficulty in linking contacts - multiple instances of the same contact from different places (Facebook, gmail, phone) should be easier to link than they are.

Apart from that, I love this phone. The camera is really good - the colours are pretty true to life (I took lots of pictures of sunset, which some phones just can't handle) and the front facing camera is 5mp - much more than average.

The phone is nice and slim but actually still quite big with a 4.7" screen. It fits into some of my pockets but pokes out the top of others. it feels less annoying in the pocket than other phones because it is so slim.

The pre-installed apps are pretty much perfect, I hate having too much bloat-ware pre-installed and there isn't too much on this phone which is good. also comes with a fairly good document viewer and editor, if you ever want to use those things on your phone. the WiFi connectivity has been pretty good, and internet speeds are what you would expect over WiFi. 3G speeds are also pretty good, just varies from area to area as with all signal related things. I've not noticed any lag in the phone when running multiple applications, and I really like the function on Jellybean of being able to close any application easily without having to download an additional app like advanced task manager.

My previous phone was an HTC Desire, so I expect all other makers have made leaps and bounds since then too, but I am really very impressed with Huawei. It's been easy to get used to, easy to customise and the hardware seems very good.

Also, this phone comes with a case included in the box - don't bother buying one until you've tried it with this case and see how you like it (I originally ordered one which I sent back because it is EXACTLY the same as the one that comes with the phone).

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Complain, 20 Jan 2014
I've now had this phone for almost a month and I've found nohing to complain about whatsoever. I've been a bit of an android fanboy for the last 3 smart phones I've had (this, HTC sensation XE, HTC wildfire). This is the first one I've had that came with a skin over flat android. I don't much like the Samsung touchwiz UI so I was unsure whether or not I would like Huawei's UI but its safe to say that I do. I think that the UI is a cross between android and iOS. There are clear similarities to both (the app layout for example) but the parts that make each operation system bad seem to have been ignored. If you decide you don't like the UI you can always install nova launcher straight from the app store which will make your phone look exactly like flat android (I have this on mybsamsung galaxy note 8 tablet and I love it). The screen is extremely crisp and you will have to zoom very far out before text starts to get blurry.
The only negatives I can pick up on are that the phone can overheat occasionally but I have never had any problems with that other than a hot phone and the screen picks up finger prints. I recently bought a matte screen protector whic stops finger prints from being picked up, makes the screen feel much nicer and rescues light reflection, enabling screen viewing in bright sunlight. I strongly reccomend that you buy a pack of these when you buy the phone

3.0 out of 5 stars Uk stock!, 31 May 2014
Although it works ok, there are several areas where the default Chinese cannot, (by me at least) be overcome. Also had the odd email attatchment open in Chinese even though it was written in english..Go figure.
On reflection, i would bite the bullet and buy from an english phone shop. The phone is great,but the misleading description is a point of frustration