My first experience of a Smart Phone. I chose this one for two reasons; the same network that I have used for more than 20 years,
and compatibility with a recently acquired Samsung Smart Camera by use of the Smartcam App downloaded to the S3.
Published 7 months ago by MR G W SCOTT-GILES

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE!!: Phone is locked and came ...
BUYER BEWARE!!: Phone is locked and came with no SIM card. Been out and bought a PAYG SIM at own further expense and now need to.purchase a SIM.Network Unlock Code at yet more expense, despite buying on the understanding that this was a complete package & therefore the ideal Christmas gift for.my fiancée. Thanks for ruining our Christmas.
Published 27 days ago by Steve Oliver

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superceded by later products but still excellent value for money., 3 July 2014
This review is from: Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini PayG Handset - White (Electronics)
I was particularly pleased to find that the SIM card for the S3 was easily interchangeable with that from my 20+ year old Nokia,
so that I was able to retain my old number with the least fuss. I found no difficulty in fitting a 16GB microSD card into the S3
and am now building libraries of photos for viewing on the S3, and of music files to play via a variety of Bluetooth earphones,
loudspeaker systems or even my domestic hi-Fi.
The S3, of course, although superceded by priceier S4 and S5 versions, nevertheless does all that I would expect of an up-to-date mobile phone.
I am very happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend this phone., 19 Jun. 2014
Very good phone. Obviously not as good as an S5 or S4, but for the price it still offers great value for your money. Great phone to get if you don't like the big phones. Highly recommend this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first foray into Smartphones, 21 Dec. 2014
P. Marshall (France) - See all my reviews
I bought mine direct from Vodafone (£99) to replace an ageing Samsung phone (yup, just a phone). Two reasons, mainly I could use my existing full sized SIM and with pay-as-you go it seems to be difficult to replace that with a mini one, especially as I live outside the UK. I also wanted something I could actually use to text and my old phone had tiny buttons recessed into the bit under a sliding top. I'm very happy indeed with this S3 Mini.... it is, after all, very inexpensive compared to more up to date smart phones but it does absolutely everything I will ever want to do. It does however leave me with a problem.... my wife now want's one too.

If I have a criticism it's that the sound isn't very good, as in playing an mp3 as a ringtone or just mp3 music. I am not at all surprised but I have heard friends' smartphones playing music and they're usually better than my S3 mini... but they paid hundreds of pounds or have expensive monthly plans. I did think I'd be able to have background music out in the garden but this isn't really an option with the phone alone. However, I bought a JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth speaker for £49 (on offer from Amazon) and a 32 gig Samsung Evo micro SD card and voila! Works a treat. And forget background, it's party quality and knocks spots off anything I've heard that's as portable so if your requirements are anything like mine, for £150 plus an optional SD card you can have great sounds wherever you go. Enjoy.

p.s. the reason for buying the Samsung Evo card is that I've seen reviews where people have had difficulties getting their cards to work, having to reformat them, whatever. I reckoned that with a Samsung card I'd have a better chance of avoiding such issues and I was right. Works perfectly out of the box, as does the 64 gig one in my wife's Galaxy Tab S.... and she STILL wants an S3 Mini too!.

IMPORTANT UPDATE. I have left my original comments below so you can see the context. Now the VE (8200) version has arrived I can confirm it takes a standard sized SIM. I suspect other reports that it takes a "micro" are confusing the SIM with the SD card! The newer version certainty seems faster than my "original". A great buy!

Ignore the following now...

WARNING. The phone I bought as per above is an S3 Mini. The review states S3 Mini VE version - it stands for Value Edition apparently. This is what I have just bought for my wife without realising it is DIFFERENT. Actually, I think it's a little better but there is one HUGE difference - as far as I can see the VE needs a smaller SIM, something I specifically did not want. It hasn't arrived yet so we'll see, but I wanted to alert prospective buyers.

There is conflicting information as to what sized SIM the VE model takes. My original order was returned damaged to Amazon and the replacement hasn't arrived yet so I'll clarify once I get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug. 2014
Much better than my old iPhone, accessible really fast, easy to use. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Brilliant value & easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Even granny can use it, 5 Sept. 2014
I love this phone. It is so easy to use, even for a grandmother like me. The only problem I had was downloading onto my PC, so I used my Kindle cable instead of the one supplied and that solved the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
superb phone and great price

4.0 out of 5 stars Small smartphone, 2 Nov. 2014
Small, neat, functions well. Inevitably the fairly small battery exacerbates the frequent charging necessary with smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Excellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far a wonderful asset., 30 July 2014
Still exploring all this phone can do. So far a wonderful asset.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›