5.0 out of 5 stars Bright is an under statement.
Published 6 months ago by norbs121

1.0 out of 5 stars bright but flawed
This light it certainly bright, but I used it twice and it died on the second time out leaving me stranded in the dark 3 miles from home (after a 5 hour charge). Now it won't charge at all. It is going back, no offer of a replacement, so I'll look for a different one.
Published 6 months ago by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright is an under statement., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: KK-LIGHT 3x CREE XML T6 LED Bicycle Headlight 4 Modes 3600 Lumens + Battery + Charger (Misc.)
I bought this particular light as I have started night time forest trail blazing and I wanted a cheap light in case it came a cropper whilst riding. I managed to get 2 hours on medium setting, with still some life left in the batteries so for the price and the brightness I am very happy with this light. Not as bright as in the picture but close. Would I buy another? Yes would be the answer.

Cons: Rubber straps don't prevent the lamp from moving down after hitting a few tree roots so after a few bumps you have to adjust the lamp, could do with a more secure mounting to the bike. Please if your listening make a proper mount.

1.0 out of 5 stars bright but flawed, 20 Jan 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap crap, 16 Jan 2014
battery is not working as it should, I have light for about an hour and then it goes out. Crap

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - SUPER BRIGHT, 22 Jan 2014
Seriously bright. Purchased a Cree head torch at the same time. The head torch arrived a day before this and I was amazed by the brightness of that. When this arrived it simply blew the torch beam away. Amazing amount of power from such a small head unit. Comes with around a metre of cable to link the battery to the light. The head unit is held in place with the supplier rubber clips. Doesn't look like it will hold well but it does. The battery is in a small Velcro held bag which simply wraps onto the frame. Use a couple of cable ties to hold the cable between the battery and the light and off into the dark you go.
Brilliant light. Shipping took a while from Germany but well worth the wait.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1800 or 3600 lumens???, 31 Oct 2013
It's a minefield trying to get the right light for the right money. I spent ages researching and in true bloke fashion got bored and decided to "risk it" and buy this one.

I wanted to use it for woods and canal bank riding. I brought this thinking it wouldn't be that amazing. It is. It's great. It's so much brighter than my mates 80 halfords job.

I bought a Hope QR from Chain Reaction and it fits perfectly.

I'm going to give the seller 3 stars. Not for the light but for the fact the box it all came in says 1800 lumens and the advert states 3600 lumens.

So I'm not sure exactly what output I have :/

If you are like me and want to get a decent light but don't want to pay loads for it give this one a punt. It's more than adequate for the job. I might even get another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars These lights are awsome, 20 Jan 2014
Best buy of the year. These lights a ultra bright, have 3 settings and you can see clearly left, right and in front. They are so powerful that you will be seen, be safe even at speed.

Not tested duration, but I expect to be as stated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike light, 13 Jan 2014
It is better than I expected it lights the unlit path that I come home on very well on the first setting

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2013
Got this thinking cheap be half decent.but I've been out twice think its great well worth the money.so hope it lasts

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good light, terrible charger., 3 May 2014
I'll update this review once I've used this light again, but so far I am amazed with every aspect of this light. I purchased this light at the same time as an Exposure Diablo (mk5), both arrived on the same date. This light cost 20, the Diablo 180 from CRC.

My initial thoughts were amazement. The build quality of this light is unbelievable. Even the battery pack is much better quality than what is pictured. Sturdy thick cabling and solid metal housing. There is an awesome green ring on the inside of the light that glows after use (like the luminescence in a watch). The charger was a UK charger and felt like a good quality charger until it exploded! I'll touch on that in a second. As a quick summary, for 20, you really can't go wrong. The build quality, externally at least, is on par with my 180 Diablo. Even if you're just wanting a cheap light for roads, with the battery pack, it will last a lot longer and outshine any any expensive light that they over sell in Halfords or the like. And yes, it is as bright as the picture advertises.

Comparing the Diablo to this 20 baby:
1) This light has a colder blue light than the Diablo
2) There is a central brighter focus with this light, but a very wide peripheral spread. The Diablo has a further reach, but honestly only just. This light lit up trees 30-40m in the distance like Christmas trees.
3) The low function (one light) isn't bright enough for fast trails, but is more than enough for ascending, and the middle function would be enough for most predictable trails.
4) Heat wise, the Diablo started getting pretty warm after about 3 minutes, where as this light was still cold on the outside. This could just be because the Diablo dissipates the heat to the metallic shell better, which in the long run would keep the running temperatures cooler.

UPDATE:- Ran a test to see how long it would last (just to ensure I wouldn't get stranded). The light on full power lasted 2 hours ans 14 minutes. Perfect! Unfortunately, I then went to charge it ready for the actual night ride.. 30 minutes later, POP. One of the components in the charger exploded (cutting the power in my house!), rendering it useless. The light itself is still brilliant, I've just got to try and find a replacement charger. I'm reluctant to send the product back in case I get a duff battery pack like people have been experiencing. Still giving it 5 star, as it is an amazing product only let down by the charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright light, 8 Jan 2014
We'll worth money we live middle of nowhere and this really lights the country lanes.
Actually smaller than I thought it would be