5.0 out of 5 stars Authors - would love to see more(Edited review)
This is for the author really - I've only given 3 stars because I haven't really seen much of the book. I checked out the "look inside" feature hoping to see pictures of the animals, but was disappointed to find very little available.
Published 10 months ago by catlover

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Quite complicated
Published 24 days ago by anne

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Authors - would love to see more(Edited review), 21 Sep 2013
Why oh why don't authors let us see pictures of the patterns they are selling us in their books? I am a visual buyer and from what I could see this book looks "OK", but I won't buy blind on the assessment that it looks OK......it has to make me think WOW I really want this book.
PLEASE show us more pictures of the projects. Many thanks.

OK - thanks to a kind person sending me to the ravelry.com book review, I have now had a proper look at the project pictures - and have changed my review accordingly to 5 stars. Many thanks to K. Randall

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever and original hand knitted toys, 24 Mar 2013
An excellent book full of ingenious designs for knitted toys, each of which transforms into something different, guaranteed to please a small child. A kennel turns into a dog, a fairy hides in a flower, a bunny becomes a lamb - and many more. The instructions are detailed and well illustrated, and there's almost none of that fiddly sewing up at the end because the toys are knitted in the round on double-pointed needles. Although the specified yarns are upmarket American, I'm using bog-standard cheap acrylic dk to make the traditional topsy-turvy dolly, and it's working out fine.
If you've ever knitted socks on four needles, you'll enjoy creating these clever toys, and any small child of your acquaintance will be enchanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 20 May 2013
This book is filled with projects that aere both unusal and interesting. I am looking forward to making all of the toys. Some of the designs can be worked in different colours to give a different animal. Would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Book, 24 Nov 2013
Debby (Ipswich, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I usually steer clear of knitting toys because they tend to be very fiddly, with lots of separate pieces to sew together, but the genius of this book is that Susan Anderson has devised patterns that are virtually seamless. Her designs are so imaginative, and the way in which each piece morphs into something completely different (egg to penguin, chrysalis to butterfly etc) will be very intriguing and appealing to little kids.

The topsy-turvy doll was the one that particularly caught my eye, and I've made it as a Christmas gift for little Martha (shh, don't tell Martha). I think it is seriously cute, even though one of my friends thought it was one of those dolls people use as loo roll holders! Although the yarn recommendations are inevitably American, it is easy to substitute UK equivalents, as gauge isn't a particular issue. Instead of Quince & Co Lark I used Jarol Heritage DK for the doll, and it worked really well.

I'd heartily recommend this book for anyone looking for interesting but relatively non-fiddly knitted toy patterns.

5.0 out of 5 stars such fun, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys: Magical Two-in-One Reversible Projects (Kindle Edition)
This book was recommended by a friend and it is really lovely. The patterns are great fun and very straight forward

5.0 out of 5 stars a great choice, 8 Dec 2013
After browsing this book I found great patterns, easy to understand and unique! I have confidence in recommending this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knitted Toys, 15 July 2013
Very clear instructions, lots of different ideas. Can't wait to get started, make lovely cuddly presents for the little ones in the family

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 1 July 2014
Quite complicated

4.0 out of 5 stars This book made me smile, 13 Jun 2014
When I looked through this book all the patterns made me smile and before I knew it I had made three of the toys. It is a wonderful book, although you need to be a fairly experienced knitter. The toys are truly magical and I love it.

I would have given this book 5 stars but some of the patterns needed a bit more information. At times it just said 'do ...' and left you hanging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 April 2014
Brilliant ! great to have as a kindle book and easy to complete.I have made nearly all of the items -a happy grandchild.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›