5.0 out of 5 stars Why no reviews !!!!
Published 19 months ago by Chris Weavers

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the creativity gone
Published 18 months ago by S. Baron

5.0 out of 5 stars Why no reviews !!!!, 13 Aug. 2013
Chris Weavers - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vigil [+digital booklet] (MP3 Download)
..... As I write this in mid August 2013 as this must be one on Chick's best offerings in a while. For those familiar with his recordings over the years maybe the album Touchstone is a useful benchmark with a distinctive Spanish feel to many of the tracks. The only weak track (personal taste really) is the lone vocal. Otherwise many great themes, tunes and playing on offer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the creativity gone, 8 Sept. 2013
S. Baron "Baron" (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
I am a massive fan of Ckick Corea, having most of his albums since the early 70s. He is, without any doubt, one of the most creative musings of his era. This album will not form part of his historic works. It's has the same masterfull musicianship from all invoice, except for mz Moran, but the album is lacking commitment. Has a bass player, I am a big fan of Hadrien Feraud but he disappears into background on this album, and even Stan Clarke cannot breakthough the lack luster arrangement. Gone are the melodies of Spain, or the incredible works of Return to Forever. I can only imagine that the album was rushed. The later live tracks do not have the individuality I expect from Chick Corea.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a good album, great musicians playing jazz what could be bad, and I have played it many times since I received it, via the excellent amazon app. In future years if I want to listen to a Corea album I'm not sure it will be this one one I reach for..

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant modern fusion., 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
I think this is one of the best fusion records of recent years, the writing and playing are top notch and (as a guitarist myself) Charles Altura's is the icing on the cake. I don't agree with the comments regarding the vocal track, I think it's a great contrast to the other instrumental pieces. The only track slightly at odds with the running order is the live one (imo), but it's still good to listen to and the playing is stunning. This hasn't left my CD player since I bought it, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant album!, 5 Nov. 2013
P. Groves ""Yes Fan"" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
I've been a huge fan of Chick Corea for years and Return to Forever before that. This album is exceptional. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good fusion jazz album, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Vigil [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Chick Corea made one of the best jazz-fusion albums of this year. You can expect music in the style of Return to forever, but with more jazzy flavour. Chick piano lines are great.
The main question for me is: will be this album a good reference point for other musicians who recorded it? I hope so. Definitely I will check their other work because they just sounded awesome. In some parts they even surpass Chick. Maybe this was also his will for this record.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Chicks best, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
A reasonable "return to forever" type effort. But for me just dosn't quite hit the spot. Fantastic musicians but almost comes across as a live gig rather than produced effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars the great knight of Jazz, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
Not vintage ,but chic can really do no wrong I've followed his career
since the 70s,he still captivates my attention

4.0 out of 5 stars Intimate, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Vigil (Audio CD)
This is so Chick! Been looking forward to this since seeing him at the Barbican. Very intimate and personal music. not in your face, but huge nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant music. I love it more, the more I play it., 17 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Vigil [+digital booklet] (MP3 Download)
I have lots of Chick Corea. I have never found his music boring, but interesting in different ways. Long may he continue to create albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars great and fast service, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Vigil [VINYL] (Vinyl)
great and fast service