5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed!
This film has such a heart warming storyline to it. Turbo-voiced very well by Ryan Reynolds, is a little snail with big ambitions in life. The story follows him through his journey to pursue his dreams, and even as he is outcasted by all those who love him, he still carries on.

Published 19 months ago by Mrs Spence

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I was expecting as I had heard amazing ...
Not as good as I was expecting as I had heard amazing reviews. It's a little bit slow to get going but then again I'm sure the children still really enjoy it.
Published 9 months ago by J. Kenward

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed!, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Turbo [DVD] (DVD)

Full of lots of laughs and a few tear jerking moments, this is a film for any child and parent a like! The cinema around me was full of lots of little giggles from all ages. Will defiantly be adding this to my collection once released.

Recommended for anyone who loves a good movie with a little unlikely character who wins the audiences hearts!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Garden Snail with a Need for Speed, 14 Jun. 2015
Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Turbo [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I didn’t get to the theater as much as usual in 2013, so I’m catching up via rentals now. One of those I missed was Turbo, and it was well worth watching.

The story follows the adventures of a snail who dreams of racing. And yes, we’re talking car racing. Not only does Turbo (voiced by Ryan Reynolds) stay up nights watching tapes of races; it interferes with his day job of corralling the rotten tomatoes his co-workers send down from the vines.

One day, an accident infuses him with the one thing he craves, speed. Then he finds himself in the possession of a taco truck driver, Tito (Michael Pena), who thinks that Turbo just might be the way to get his brother’s taco stand notice. Will it work?

Obviously, this animated delight has no basis in reality – especially in the final act when Turbo, as a snail, fulfills a dream of racing cars. But you know what? I didn’t care.

Why is that? The film is filled with delightful characters from start to finish. While Turbo and his brother Chet (Paul Giamatti) have their disagreements, they do obviously still care for each other. In fact, I loved how their relationship mirrored that of Tito and his brother Angelo (Luis Guzman). The other owners of the shops in the strip mall where much of the action takes place are fun as are the other racing snails in the complex. I truly loved all of them and enjoyed spending time with them.

The voice talent is wonderful. Whether famous or not, the only voice I recognized was Samuel L. Jackson, but it fit the character so perfectly I didn’t find it a distraction at all. The actors did what they needed to do, allow me to get lost in the story.

So how lost in the story did I get? During the climax, I was so into it I found myself yelling at the screen. Yes, I knew how the story would end (it is fairly predictable), but in that moment it didn’t matter. Maybe it’s a good thing I didn’t get to catch this one in the theaters after all.

And I can’t leave out the comedy. While the premise may be crazy, the execution is perfect, and I couldn’t help but laugh the entire way through. The scene where Turbo first discovers his changes is especially funny.

DreamWorks Animation is a mix of stylized and realistic. This one ventured more toward the realistic side of things with several beautiful shots throughout the film that come close to rivaling Pixar at their best. One key scene takes place in the Los Angeles “River” (don’t get me started on that drainage ditch), and I recognized it. This was before I knew the setting was the LA suburbs, and I was pretty excited with my catch.

Turbo was delightful from start to finish and I’m sorry I didn’t get to see it sooner. Don’t let this one race by without stopping to enjoy it yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turbo, 16 Nov. 2013
Brilliant animation
original humorous
Unpredictable storyline
Far more entertaining than Monsters university
Appropriate for all ages
Loved by all the family

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch this movie!!!!!, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Turbo [DVD] (DVD)
A amazing film. If I had pick between this and cloudy 2 I'd pick this. Dreamworks and fox did good this year (this +croods) hope mr.peabody and dragons 2 are good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and fantastic!, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Turbo (Amazon Instant Video)
Wow I wish I had thought of this! Brilliant and awesome and so fun!
This film takes the mickey out of it'self in a way that makes it more credible.
That might make more sense once you have seen it.
Turbo is such a driven little character who draws in everyone around him both snail and human though not initially otherwise the story wouldn't be. For anyone who likes a little guy takes on the big people's world and wins above the odds story.
It's snails dressed as cars...great fun and pure fantasy fun...loads of famous voices too.
Having said all that both times I played it my little 3yr old fell asleep he prefers fireman sam and peppa pig. I think while suitable for all ages, kids older than mine would enjoy this more as many jokes are satire and cerebral in nature which little ones might not get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teenage Opinion, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Turbo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
I'm a 19 year old teen and absolutely loved this, I'm a total sucker to Animations but saw this and thought it wouldn't tickle me like previous Dreamworks films (nothing compares to the beauty of How To Train Your Dragon).. okay, there isn't as much heart to it and we've all seen racing done before (Cars, Cars 2) but this had me drawn in from the start because its unique; definitely worth a watch in my opinion, and to compare I'd say it was much better than Dreamworks Brave!

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!, 22 Feb. 2014
Mrs. M. Jones (stoke on trent, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turbo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)
we love this film!! it's great in 3d, but probably just as good in the Blu-ray version which we haven't seen yet. I would recommend this to people of all ages. it was pre-ordered for release for posting ages ago and couldn't wait when it did finally arrive on the release date. we weren't disappointed. it arrived on time and I was kept informed as to when it would be dispatched and it was well packaged. I would definitely order from this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and funny for all ages, 11 May 2014
D. MALTBY - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turbo (DVD)
I really enjoyed watching this with my niece and nephew. I have not been all that impressed with some of the kids films that I have been forced to endure of late. But this one struck me, like Toy Story when I first saw it, as the type of family film which reaches its audience with humour that can span the cap. Well worth the rent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun for grown ups and kids, 11 May 2014
L. Wylie (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turbo (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched this with my 9yr old and 7 yr old and we all loved it. It's fast and funny and keeps you entertained the whole way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars c, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Turbo [DVD] (DVD)
Took our 5 year old son to the cinema for the first time to see this and bought the dvd shortly afterwards.
We loved it. Turbo was such a cute sweet character!
Loved the story, loved the characters

Turbo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Turbo (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) by David Soren (Blu-ray - 2014)