4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there yet

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
Published 16 months ago by Peter S BURNETT

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there yet, 25 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
I'd love to be able to give this 5 stars as I subscribe to the paper edition and it's great to have a Kindle Fire version at last. Especially helpful on days when the paper boy delivers after I've left for work! The various sections of the paper translate well into this format and it is a delight to read. But it won't get the final star from me until it contains more than just 2 or 3 of the puzzles and until the Telegraph sort out the cartoons - currently 18 and 20 days out of date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Difficult to cancel (you have to manage the subscription within the kindle fire App Store, which took me a bit of finding). Thereafter there is no ability to cancel - only to "turn off auto renewal". Which means, if a payment has been taken (which will happen automatically after 30 days), you're not getting it back! Unlike the way subscriptions work on a standard kindle...

As for the product, I much prefer the standard kindle version - a much smoother reading experience. I find this interface a fiddle. And there are ads.

Worth a try if you like the Telegraph, but make sure you know how to unsubscribe...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 24 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
This looks and works well with good coverage of all the news and features, pictures too. The crossword feature is very handy also.
I haven't tried it from abroad yet so I am hoping it works when I am in Tenerife.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful add on., 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
I have been a telegraph subsciber for many years. The fact that other more well off subsrtribers, with i-pads could access the newspaper on line was annoying. I use a Kindle Fire HD, and now am able to keep up with the Jones's and Chalmonley- Forcythes pleases me. Not a full newspaper but it will keep me abreast of news when I am unable to buy my favourite daily/weekend newpaper. Enjoyable and useful especially when able to obtain free.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
I always liked the Telegraph as a paper but in this format it stinks.. I thought I'd get more content but someone edits it down and you read what that person wants you to read.
Since getting my Fire HD early Feb, I couldn't get it so ordered Daily Mail Plus. Then DMP was carrying an extra edition and it was great. After a couple of months it stopped the extra edition but I continued to read it. Only last week I discovered Telegraph was now available for my Kindle; I subscribed and rec'd it. I thought it bland and last Mondays edition was giving Sundays date???
Today (Thurs) I tried to download it but got the reply (You aren't registered to receive and a UK telephone number). I live in Spain and require a reliable service which this plainly is not. I am not going to be told to waste my money and time, phoning the seller and chasing a 'balls up' caused by some internet company. Who is the customer here???

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Newspaper, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
The Telegraph has always been the favourite family paper - its a balanced paper and does not have lots of provocative pictures, it cover the news and politics and keeps up up to date in world affairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great app if you are already a Telegraph Print Subscriber., 10 July 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Download the free app and then just input your Telegraph Print Subscriber number and post code and enjoy a full electronic version of the Telegraph. The Crosswords and Sudoku are also available but the Kakuro and Killer Sudoku are not - hence only 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you don't want today's issue., 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Subscribed and got every issue but the one I wanted - today's! Won't be extending beyond the free trial. Not fit for purpose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoiled by repetitive advert for a Halifax credit card, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Enjoyment of this App is ruined by a persistent and annoying advert which re-appears every 3rd page or so, and then diverts you away from the Telegraph. and onto its own web page. I am sure no-one would want to read a hard copy of a newspaper, which repeated the same full page advert on every 3rd page.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Unless you are a paying subscriber then this app is useless , I am not impressed at all and I will be deleting it.

The Telegraph
The Telegraph by telegraph media group