5,886 Reviews
 (4,864)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by Barry Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Strling gift cetificate by mistake!, 30 Mar 2011
L. Olley (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I felt just awful when my sister in America told me she couldn't use the gift easily. I really feel that the web-page should have flagged up a warning to make sure I was buying the right product. A silly mistake that cost me alot and left family without a Christmas gift.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not reliable., 27 Sep 2013
Did not work first time, then had to have long winded conversation with someone at Amazon who did help to rectify the problem in the end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Apparent theft, 24 Jan 2011
This gift has still not been received (March 13) and it was for Xmas presents and my niece's wedding in February in New Zealand.. and I am really angry (see earlier review which follows) .The review request prompted me to ask the recipient if the gift had arrived and they could find no trace of it so I have had to resend it... and that is very unsatisfactory. Surely there must be a way of checking/ confirming to the sender that a gift has actually been received if sent by e-mail ????

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful service, 25 Jan 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Online Voucher - email, 4 Dec 2011
A perfect gift for a teenager. I remembered my neices birthday at the last minute and to late to post anything, so I sent her an Amazon voucher by email. I used the timed delivery of the email to arrive on her birthday, perfect. The response to the voucher was outstanding. she loved it....she can now buy what she wants online, without having to ask her mom for credit card details. Pro's 1) She gets exactly what she wants, 2)I dont waste money on something a teenager does not want, 3) present arrives on time, 4) everyone is happy. Thank you Amazon for making my life just a little bit easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not able to use world wide., 26 Jan 2013
Bought the gift card for my sister to use to buy some kindle books, but because she is in South Africa she cant redeem it You would think that if you belong to Amazon you are part of the whore Amazon family and dont get discriminated against.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgrace, 24 Jan 2011
Sent to my 3 nieces just before Christlmas. Having not received any confirmation from Amazon that they had been received I had to wait for news from the girls. Finally when 2 of them didn't say anything I had to ask and discovered that they had not been received. Once I contacted Amazon to send them again all went ok but what if I hadn't checked ?

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this ....it wont be delivered!, 23 Aug 2013
3 e mails and now I am on hold to Amazon waiting to speak to a supervisor. I purchased the Reggae Birthday song and a 50 gift certificate for a friends birthday. It never arrived. Rang Amazon who have told me that she has been credited 50 on her amazon account. So now I have to ring her and tell her- sorry no birthday card but have you checked your amazon account because you will find 50 there....... This system is a mess.... Rachel the supervisor has been very helpful and it seems the problem is from the Gift card end. Amazon don't sell these products if you cannot deliver them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible service, 20 Jan 2011
A Kid's Review
I ordered a Christmas gift certificate (3 weeks prior to Christmas) and it was not delivered until my third inquiry after Christmas. You lost my business, there are many other fish in the sea.

5.0 out of 5 stars System worked perfectly (and saved me once again!), 14 Feb 2014
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The electronic version of these gift cars are brilliant. I've never tried to send them by post -- to be honest, I use normally them as last minute OMG gifts when I've totally shambled on sorting out a present. ALTHOUGH I should also say that they are extremely useful when you don't quite know what to give someone -- the range of stuff available through Amazon is now so huge that these are a safe bet for almost any person to choose what they actually want, instead of me picking something dodgy which goes straight into the charity bin...
Love the facility to upload a personalised photo, which means you can demonstrate that you have actually spent more than 30 seconds considering this gift.

Couple of things to remember:
*you'll need the email address of the recipient so they get the gift card promptly
*it helps if the email addy is the same one they use for their own Amazon a/c (you may need to ask a partner for that)
*the electronic cards can take half an hour or so to arrive
*it's worth also sending a mail / message saying 'hope you got a nice surprise' just in case the voucher gets trapped by a spam filter
*don't forget to write in the message box who it is from!

Personally, I'd be chuffed as little piggies if someone gave me an Amazon voucher as a gift. yes, that is a hint :-)
10/10