7,366 Reviews
 (6,106)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by Barry Graham

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon voucher, 19 April 2011
I am really disapointed in the voucher I purchased from Amazon to be sent to my son-in-law for his birthday.

It has caused all sorts of problems and these have not been resolved yet.

My son-in-law has been unable to spend the voucher despite the money having been taken from my account (so must be valid). I have sent it twice, he has not received any e-mail from Amazon confirming the gift. I have sent him the code sent tor me but Amazon have declined to accept this.

I now have the bother of chasing this all up. What I thought would be a nice and easy solution for a birthday gift has resulted in my son-in-law feeling guilty because he has had to come back to me. What a disapointment all round

Carol

1.0 out of 5 stars does not seem to work on an iPad, 13 Nov 2013
have tried 3 times to send a voucher but the program does not work. I give up. The changes I have made to the card template have not been saved in spite of the message to the effect that they have been. maybe it will work better on the windows computer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this ....it wont be delivered!, 23 Aug 2013
3 e mails and now I am on hold to Amazon waiting to speak to a supervisor. I purchased the Reggae Birthday song and a £50 gift certificate for a friends birthday. It never arrived. Rang Amazon who have told me that she has been credited £50 on her amazon account. So now I have to ring her and tell her- sorry no birthday card but have you checked your amazon account because you will find £50 there....... This system is a mess.... Rachel the supervisor has been very helpful and it seems the problem is from the Gift card end. Amazon don't sell these products if you cannot deliver them.

2.0 out of 5 stars The gift card was not sent on the day I specified, 14 Feb 2013
The recipient did not get the gift card on the day of his birthday which was scheduled so it was very embarrassng

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not reliable., 27 Sep 2013
Did not work first time, then had to have long winded conversation with someone at Amazon who did help to rectify the problem in the end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor service, 29 Oct 2013
I have order 3 gift certificates in the past few weeks, and only one was delivered on time and without porblems.

I had to re-send 2 of the certificates, which meant they arrived after the birthday.

I also had to investgate their delivery issues myself, as I was unaware (and received no notification from Amazon) that they had not been delievered.

Very unlikely to trust this service again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Online Voucher - email, 4 Dec 2011
A perfect gift for a teenager. I remembered my neices birthday at the last minute and to late to post anything, so I sent her an Amazon voucher by email. I used the timed delivery of the email to arrive on her birthday, perfect. The response to the voucher was outstanding. she loved it....she can now buy what she wants online, without having to ask her mom for credit card details. Pro's 1) She gets exactly what she wants, 2)I dont waste money on something a teenager does not want, 3) present arrives on time, 4) everyone is happy. Thank you Amazon for making my life just a little bit easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. I bought this voucher for my uncle who ..., 13 July 2014
Very disappointed. I bought this voucher for my uncle who has recently lost his sight and is now dependant on
audible books. He was not able to use this voucher to buy any audio books for his kindle
We tried to get a refund but so far this has also not been possible despite calls from myself and my uncle
Please make people aware that these vouchers can not be used to buy kindle audio books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgrace, 24 Jan 2011
Sent to my 3 nieces just before Christlmas. Having not received any confirmation from Amazon that they had been received I had to wait for news from the girls. Finally when 2 of them didn't say anything I had to ask and discovered that they had not been received. Once I contacted Amazon to send them again all went ok but what if I hadn't checked ?

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do they expire????, 11 Nov 2013
I think it is totally stupid and wrong that Amazon Gift Cards must be used within a year or they are zeroed out by Amazon. WHY? Amazon has the money, what difference does it make if they are not used for 5 years? They have the use of that money and inflation is working in Amazon's favour. I will never buy an Amazon gift card again and will tell my friends and family to never send me one.