5.0 out of 5 stars Patience is a virtue
Published 10 months ago by Mr. A. Whiteside

3.0 out of 5 stars nearly all of which effectively say 1 & 2 were brilliant but 3 is terrible
Interesting to read some of the one star reviews, nearly all of which effectively say 1 & 2 were brilliant but 3 is terrible. I start from a different position. I find all of Homeland overrated. Damian Lewis doesn't do it for me - I suspect there are any number of American actors who could have done a better job; what is this fascination over there with Etonians trying to...
Published 1 month ago by Arthur Blenkinsop

5.0 out of 5 stars Patience is a virtue, 30 Nov 2013
Mr. A. Whiteside "tonyjackie3" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Homeland - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I normally never write a review before a series has completed it's run. This time however, I felt compelled to write a review now simply to try and counterbalance the one star reviews written quite a while ago. The series has nearly finished now and patience has been well and truly rewarded. There have been many twists and turns and yes, Carrie is a pain but Homeland wouldn't be the same without her.

I have to admit that I don't much care for Brodies daughter and her mumbling but by and large this has been a compelling series that leaves the viewer wondering what the hell is going on and what the hell is going to happen next. It finally looks as though Brodie will get some screen time which would be welcome and the plot is building upto a gripping climax.

So I am sorry for writing an early review and I will update this when the series ends. There have been times when I have thought that it might be losing it's way but 'Homeland' is still one of the best programmes on TV.

UPDATE: The series has now ended and my original rating stays at five stars. The final episode in particular was well acted and kept the viewer hooked. I suppose that belief had to be suspended several times during a few of the episodes but I still feel this is a top TV series. Will a fourth series work as well? I have doubts but time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeland grows up in series 3., 23 Dec 2013
Sue Kichenside - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Review of content.

It's clear from reviews here and in the press that many have been disappointed by series 3 of Homeland, no doubt because of the conspicuous absence of Brody for several episodes. But I want to make the case for this series. To me, this was where Homeland grew up and showed real grit.

Series 1 with its simple proposition of "had-he-or-hadn't-he-been-turned?" was compelling but clearly had nowhere to go in terms of development. Series 2 lost its way completely. But series 3 rewarded the patient viewer with a brilliant twist and multi-layered depth. It exposed a more nuanced web of relationships, the moral element of decision-making in the eternal ends-and-means dilemma and a more mature understanding of realpolitik.

This was the series that made us realise that Homeland wasn't really about Brody at all; it was about Carrie. It was always about Carrie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great viewing, 11 May 2014
More twists than a plate of spaghetti!!! A fantastic watch that will keep you gripped and watching back to back!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but a must watch., 9 July 2014
We were not so keen on this series after the first few episodes, but glad we came back to it as we gradually became transfixed again! Superb season finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took two or three episodes to get going but then developed into the best season so far, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: Homeland - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely superb. Took two or three episodes to get going but then developed into the best season so far. I would go so far as to say that this is probably the best series of any programme that my wife and I have watched. We were both gripped, especially during the last few episodes. Bring on season 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous series, 5 May 2014
Ms. Aer Regan "amble" (Devon) - See all my reviews
My husband and I got hooked on this pretty quickly. It had quite a pace to it that didn't really let up. Very tense white knuckle moments and didn't disappoint with the ending, as they often do. Superbly acted by everyone in the main cast. Hope it wins some awards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive viewing in possibly the best series ever, 10 Oct 2014
This review is from: Homeland - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Compulsive viewing in possibly the best series ever! All aspects. Script, characters, production, direction, dramatic tension, suspense, plot and absolutely the acting! Need more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed if you like intrigue and twists., 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Homeland - Season 3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great series.
Clarire Danes is exceptional. She is so convincing as Carrie Mathison. One of the best actresses I've ever watched on TV or screen. Damian Lewis has a supporting role in series 3 with Danes the focus. She has developed Mathison superbly.
The plot is credible and at the end of each episode left me intrigued and wanting to watch the next episode. I watched 12 episodes over six nights.
It's right up there in my top 3 tv box sets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Jun 2014
Very good program full of action adventure. The story line is good and well thought through. Very good and entertaining

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
Slower than the first two, but gripping nonetheless, with superb acting all around.

Homeland - Season 3 [Blu-ray]
Homeland - Season 3 [Blu-ray] by Damian Lewis (Blu-ray - 2014)