I have nieces who are Monster High mad and now they are also Ever After High mad along with one of my youngest nieces who is only just discovering Ever After High as I think the Monster High dolls are still a bit too old for her at the moment. I managed to purchase these at just over half the normal price and so these were a bargain especially when a lot of the rest of the range are the same price for one doll. Ashlynn Ella is the daughter of Cinderella and Hunter Huntsman is the son of the hunter from Snow White. The dolls are really quite gorgeous although I'm not too sure about Hunter's hair as it looks a little bit strange with having the mix of felt type hair with normal doll hair.
Ashlynn as the daughter of Cinderella is naturally obsessed with shoes and has a job at the local shoe store called The Glass Slipper so that she can indulge her love of shoes and also as her mother, Cinderella has taught her the benefits of hard work. The detail on Ashlynn is beautiful and her shoes are absolutely gorgeous. Ashlynn can communicate with animals and loves to help them in the Enchanted Forest which is where she met her boyfriend Hunter who also shares a love of animals.
Hunter is the son of the Huntsman from Little Red Riding Hood and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and is destined to follow in his fathers footsteps although he unlike his father refuses to hurt or kill animals. Ashlynn and Hunter met in the Enchanted Forest when she was helping some animals and they were secretly dating however now the rest of the school know they are dating. Hunter can rip his shirt off in one fell swoop and can always be relied upon to help and jump to action (very funny story part in the free ebook). Hunter is also a vegetarian.
I'm sure my niece is going to love these when I give them to her for her birthday as she especially loves Cinderella. A lovely set of beautifully made dolls.
You can read both of these characters short stories in the free ebooks available on Amazon and I have included the links below incase they are of help to someone.

Ever After High: Ashlynn Ella's Story (Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends 5)
Ever After High: Hunter Huntsman's Story (Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends 6)

EDIT 30/03/2015:- I have just bought another set for one of my other nieces and can confirm that the set is just as nice as when I purchased the first one nearly a year ago. I love Ashlynn's shoe shaped earrings and that Hunter's bag opens. A truly gorgeous set of Ever After High dolls that are of the same excellent quality as the rest of the dolls in the range.
on 3 January 2016
Present for my Niece apparently she loved it and it was one the top 10 items on her xmas list so happy days. My daughter had them in the past and they are always decent quality
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 9 February 2015
The children of famous and infamous fairy tale and story book characters attend Ever After High School in the town of Bookend. Each of these children is either a Rebel or a Royal.

Every child is expected to sign the “story book of Legend” on Pledge Day, and in doing so they are pledging their future to be exactly that of their parents. In the case of Ashlynn-Ella her “happy ever after” will be with the prince charming that brings the glass slipper that fits her foot.

Except that Ashlynn has a secret, don’t tell anyone but she is dating Hunter Huntsman, a Rebel, and not her future prince charming!

This box set contains secret lovers Ashlynn-Ella and Hunter Huntsman.

ASHLYNN-ELLA

Ashlynn is a Royal and as such must pledge her future to that of her mother Cinder-Ella and she has a real thing for shoes. Ashlynn works in the Glass Slipper shoe shop – though how she manages to sell any shoes considering her own fetish is beyond me.

Her shoes are lovely but they are a darker less sparkly green.

She has lovely strawberry blonde hair held in its regal style by a pretty pink plastic headband.

Her dress is beautiful with the classic princess bodice with a modern above knee skirt and delicate gold lace overskirt to add that extra decadence.

Overall a beautiful little lady.

HUNTER HUNTSMAN

With his 1980s Phil Oakley (Human League) haircut Hunter is the son of the Huntsman from Snow White and Little Red Riding Hood. His duty is to save the “damsel in distress” from the wicked – in the future this will be school mate and Rebel Raven Queen (future evil queen) and the Big Bad Wolf (whose daughter Cerise is also a Rebel). Hunter may find his future a little harder than he thinks.

Though the brown eyed boys outfit is very good it does seem to take some of its inspiration from Robin Hood.

Hunter is a metro-modern boy proudly carrying his leather man-purse.

Sadly there is no “pesky” squirrel which is the only real disappointment of the entire set.

If you want a laugh watch the videos on the Mattel Ever After site with the subtitles on – I still laugh at the “Chapter 1” where “I am Apple White” becomes “I am *ssh*l* lights”; and the subtitles just can’t cope with Daring (Prince Charming) becoming “fearing”, “tearing”, and so on. There are so many mistakes and outright errors that it makes the subtitles great fun - though you would have thought that Mattel would have ensured that the subtitles were correct before they allowed them to go to air.

These two dolls are a perfect addition to the Ever After family and we are looking forward to see if they will be separated by their stories or if they can write their own “happy ever after”.
review image review image review image
on 21 May 2015
perfect as described fast delivery thank you
on 24 June 2015
Ordered these for my daughter who is collecting the whole set. Was very impressed with the price ( it was double this in SMITH,S even after adding the postage ) I thought at first that because of the low price that it might be some cheep import,
but no it was the real deal.
Both the dolls & clothes are very well made & I wasn't scared of breaking it as I unwrapped them. it does contain some small parts so might not suitable for smaller children.
Hope this helps
Steve
on 26 April 2016
Arrived on time..and my granddaughter was especially pleased.my only concern was the amount of internal packaging..ties plastic etc to hold dolls in placegone are the days a child can open the box and hey presto the item u purchased is ready to be enjoyed immediately without having to spend 10 minutes "fighting" with the packaging getting scissors etc to extract the goods from its packaging..
on 16 May 2015
buy it or lose out lol.adults love it.ashlyns mother cinderella from disney lol
on 8 March 2016
I purchased two of these doll sets for my daughter and her cousin. I was delighted with the price and they will be a nice addition to the other Ever After High dolls that they already own. Have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the limp hair on the huntsman doll, but perhaps that's my age!
on 16 May 2014
They arrived much quicker than date given which made my daughter very happy. They are really nice well made dolls and I got them at a really good price so I'm happy too.
on 27 September 2015
Granddaughter was very pleased with this birthday gift. I thought the boys hair was a bit strange but I suppose it's par for the course these days.

See one answered question