5.0 out of 5 stars Great read - Highly Recommened!
Fantastic book!!
Published 18 months ago by Nina

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh!
After reading the reviews of this book I was really excited about purchasing and reading it. I thought to myself, the authors a best seller, the cover page is professional and appealing- must be a winner right? Wrong.
Published 9 months ago by Emma Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh!, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The storyline had potential but the characters massively let it down. I love to read a book and feel like I know its people; that I can predict what they might do or say next and then be completely surprised by an incredible and unexpected twist by the author. You don't get any of that with this novel.
What you do get is an unbalanced male lead with a substance abuse problem, a history of violence and has about as much respect for women as cancer does the human body. Yet he managed to make a u-turn over night and is determined to get the girl because why? She's beautiful? She makes him feel good about himself? I don't remember ever reading about her intelligence or her personality in terms of his attraction to her? She's a piece of ass, and it comes across that way despite attempts by the author to make Jesse seem less shallow.
The female lead Nikki is a walking talking contradiction who bugged me from the get go with her conflicted personality. It's not like the age old theme of suppressing ones true self to please others before finally giving (metaphorical) birth to the person you really want to be. It's more like the author has created two entirely different characters, couldn't decide which one she liked more and decided to bung them in to one person. She's timid and shy and reserved one minute, the next she's partying like Lindsay Lohan wearing stripper heels. There is no blend, no steady easing from the old to the new her, it's like a light switch is being flipped back and forth.
Every now and then I was startled by the depth and complexity and pure beauty of something the author had wrote, but then I read the next sentence and realised it was just another fluke.
I actually had to force myself to continue through the chapters, just so I could get it over with and move on to something else.
I shall not be purchasing the next in the series, because I really don't care what happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read - Highly Recommened!, 23 Jun 2013
Fantastic book!!
Each chapter of this book is set on either Jesse's POV or Niki's POV. The first few chapters each tells the story of Jesse & Niki (before they meet). Jesse's character is hot, good looking and has issues, due to some unfortunate events, Niki's character is the good girl who has always done the right thing for everyone else except for herself, until Jesse comes into her life. The story flows brilliantly and when they meet its time perfectly in the story.
The ending is great, left on a cliffhanger & has now left me eagerly anticipating book 2 in September 2013. I'm looking forward to see where the story goes for Jesse & Niki.
This is my second series I've read from Eve Carter. The 'Deceived' series by the same author are also brilliant reads.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even finish it!, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I tried to give it a chance but at 80% it still had no point, the characters hadn't grown and it was a sore waste of time. Jesse the main character is supposed to be a hunky motocross racer instead he was the personification of a winy teenage girl, plus the repeated use of "jack" aka jack daniels being portrayed as a person was just plain annoying. Jesse's constant over-dramatic moping made him seem so weak, for example, 'the pain reminded me of something - i was still alive' was he on the verge of death? no, he was drunk on the floor, i mean seriously?! He also says 'driving soothed my soul' and 'I was hellbent on numbing myself with music', it's all so whiny! As for Niki ... Niki who? She was boring and played such a small role she may as-well have just been written out and the whole book be a sob fest for Jesse.
Don't waste your time with this awful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Who would have thought it would end like that, have to get the next book now, let's see how this will work out

1.0 out of 5 stars I SMELL YET ANOTHER DIRTY GREAT BIG BLOGGING RAT...IT STINKS, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This "book", (I use the term loosely) spent more time describing a sex scene with a one nightstand, (well technically half a blow job in a car), than it did the getting together of the 2 main characters. Not something that had me on the side of team Jesse. It then went on to blame his behaviour on a motorcross accident, which meant that he could no longer ride...boo hoo...I so felt for him...not. He apparently also has a split personality, as the same bloke who comes out with sick making lines such as, "Follow your heart, the past is history, and tomorrow, well tomorrow is just a mystery"...(get me a bucket)...also has the following oh so poetic lines and actions, when talking to the love of his life..." 'Last time I checked I had a dick. That's a girl's drink. Real men drink beer or Jack Daniels'...He grabbed his crotch and jiggled his hand as witness to his words"....
What an absolute charmer, and obviously made me think, gosh, he's a keeper, I do hope they get together! Seriously WTF?
These are just a very few examples of the intolerably ridiculous, immature phrases, dialogue and situations throughout the book...it's absolutely riddled with them.
Then there were the many instances of using half a page to describe something, making you think it must have some significance, for it then to be left completely. The most disturbing of these was when the main character imagines using a broken beer bottle to slit her wrists...for no apparent reason and with no explanation as to why...then it was left, as if the author had moved onto a different story in her head for a few minutes, then got back on track???
Added into the messy mix was the misuse of words, (please look up the meaning of words such as prosaic before trying and failing to use them in context, it's embarrassing), along with terrible grammar, over descriptive drawn out for the sake of it text and horrible editing.
As you have probably gathered, I absolutely hated it.
Yet another utterly abysmal book with an amazingly high number of 5 star reviews. Check out the 1 and 2 star reviews on amazon.com for a more realistic picture. Honestly the widespread and ridiculous practice of giving so many shiny 5 star reviews to what can only be described as complete sh***, is beyond getting on my nerves.
This is one of what has unfortunately become a long list of so called books that has been bigged up by bloggers, causing unsuspecting and genuine readers to waste their precious time, money and life on dross. It's beneath contempt to me now.
On the plus side it was free, on the minus side it's a part of my life I'll never get back...if you're an honest reader with scruples, self respect and a brain, just don't do it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful..., 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Oh my.. I just don't know what to say about this awful book. I gave up at 90% after realising that I didn't care what happened in the end. Not sure why everyone is giving this book such high ratings?. Very glad I didn't have to pay for this (feel a bit cheeky writing a bad review) but it really was that bad so it had to be said! Just awful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great read, 17 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The story premise is okay: nothing out of the ordinary but it has potential. However, the writing is shockingly poor with spelling and grammar mistakes, weak sentence structures and repetitive vocabulary. It just feels like it hasn't been checked. On top of that, the characters feel a bit flat and their actions don't always make sense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I don't rate this book very high, it lacked in the writing and I couldn't connect with the characters. It felt very cheesy at times, it just didn't work for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Loads of swearing and discriptive sex, but juvenile characters. Take away the adult stuff and you have an adolescent story. I won't be bothering with part 2. Jesse is a complete petulant nut job.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Breathless (Jesse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Flawed characters and an excellent story leaving you wanting more. Their developing tension filled relationship is a read page turner.

Breathless (Jesse Book 1)