4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit
Plugged into my Samsung Q2 Flash player.

Published 8 months ago by Inspector Gadget

3.0 out of 5 stars Average headphones
▣ Source ▣

PC using Arcam rDAC & Graham Slee Solo SRGII amp.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (with and without an E11 amp) using PowerAmp Android app.

▣ Style, Build & comfort ▣

Published 8 months ago by KMW

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, 30 Oct 2013
Inspector Gadget "Go Go Gadget Reviews" (On the trail of Doctor Claw) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Plugged into my Samsung Q2 Flash player.

Despite some of the average comments here I have to say that I am not disappointed with these Creative headphones. The muffs are spongy enough to be comfortable on your ears without being too thick and cumbersome, the sound is punchy and clear, the volume control on the wire eliminates the need to keep lighting up your media player, and the adjustable sizes inside the band mean that they fit perfect on my large skull without being too tight or falling off. The muffs can be rotated easily when wearing them around your neck so you don't choke. I personally have no problems with these headphones. I am more inclined to use earphones myself, but for a more immersive experience the MA2600 model is worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars They're just the wrong side of fifty-notes for me., 28 Nov 2013
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I should forewarn you that, being a (ex) music producer, I'm quite anal about headphones. And I have always associated Creative with the computer side of the audio market than the music end - and associating them with doing cheap kit, but which was pretty good quality for the price; but not the best.

They're not a company I know huge lot about and so my expectations where quite low when I got these for review. I wasn't entirely wrong - but they did perform better than expected.

I found them comfy to to wear and the sound was good but not great. I liked the design of the headband but wasn't too keen on the look of the cups. I thought they looked particularly cheap and plasticky. On the whole I liked the look of them a lot but the cups just let them down in my opinion. The cups swivelled too which I like, meaning they're kept out the way when hung round your neck.

But it the sound that's important I guess, and as I said I thought the sound was good. However, I'm still not sure it's good enough if I was spending my own money. The price seems a little steep for what you get overall. I like the inline remote control though. I found them a completely acceptable but not really magnificent pair of head phones which are, perhaps, a tad overpriced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, and they sound good too, 11 Nov 2013
Benjamin (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones certainly look good, and they are amongst the most comfortable that I have worn. They sound good too; there is plenty of bass and what surprises me for headphone with a strong bass is that they are also good when it comes to handling speech. A feature I particularly like about them is the flat cable which I find does not get in the tangle ordinary cable is prone. Most of the headphones I have used identify the left channel with little raised dots which makes it very easy to know which way round they go; this set does not use this device but simply marks them L or R on the inside - but as long as one remembers the cable is attached to the left it is no great consequence.
Overall I am quite pleased with this set, they sound good but most important for extended listening they are very comfortable to wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent pair of noise-cancelling headphones., 2 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are pretty comfortable - sometimes I find the bands on this style of headphone can be uncomfortable and dig into my head if I'm listening over a long time. These don't seem to do that, which is a plus. They look OK and the rotating ear cups are quite handy for when not using them.

The ear cups are comfy, too; this is probably (in part) because of the noise cancelling aspect of them. This seems to work well. My only reservation being that it can't be great from a safety point of view.

How do they sound? Well, they're pretty good. But I'd really expect that at this price. They're not, by any stretch, the most expensive you'd see, but they aren't an impulse buy either. The bass is certainly good, which gives your music some oomph. The only problem is, I don't think they are quite good enough to have the rest of the sound really match the bass. It doesn't quite swamp it out, but the midrange is certainly struggling. I tend to find that with these kind of things, though. Doesn't always matter and you're probably not buying these for audiophile reasons, but worth keeping in mind.

So, recommended, but they aren't the best you'll ever get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average headphones, 28 Oct 2013
KMW (England) - See all my reviews
▣ Source ▣

PC using Arcam rDAC & Graham Slee Solo SRGII amp.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (with and without an E11 amp) using PowerAmp Android app.

▣ Style, Build & comfort ▣

These are quite nice looking headphones. They're mostly made of plastic, with the headband wrapped in soft faux leather. Build quality isn't great, but sufficient; however, the left ear on mine squeaks which is very annoying. The ear pads are flat, made of soft faux leather and feel comfortable when worn; although, my ears tend to ache and get quite warm after a only a short while. They seal outside noise fairly well and noise leakage is minimal. The ear cups swivel flat, so can be rested on your chest easily when around your neck. They don't fold and do not include a storage pouch, which is disappointing considering they're marketed as a mobile headset. The flat cord includes an inline microphone/phone controls and seems to be good quality, but it's not removable, which is another negative. In a similar price range, I find the Noontec Zoro HD are a better constructed headphone and a much better portable headphone, because they fold down nicely to fit into the include storage pouch, they also have a removable flat cord.

▣ Audio ▣

In terms of sound quality, the Creative Hitz MA2600's sound OK (better than the smaller MA2300, which are poor), but they're very bass emphasised, which extends well, but it's quite boomy, loose and uncontrolled, somewhat slightly muffling the mids. Highs are also rolled off. If you're a fan of bass heavy, warm sound, you may be happy with these, but I personally prefer a more neutral sound signature. In comparison, the Noontec Zoro HD is a considerably better sounding headphone. They're more balanced and neutral, clearer and have lovely controlled bass, that extents nice and deep, but doesn't interfere with the mid range. Even Creative's own Aurvana Live have better balanced sound than these Hitz MA2600.

▣ Conclusion ▣

The Creative Hitz MA2600 are OK, but they're difficult to recommend against the likes of the similarly priced, substantially better sounding and more portable Noontec Zoro (both Pro & HD versions). Creative were off to a good start sonically with the Aurvana Live and I'm surprised they didn't just improve on the design of those.

3.0 out of 5 stars Muffled Bassy, 26 Oct 2013
D Deacon "pixist" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a plushly styled and presented pair of headphones. However, in use they are bassy - not a tight bass rather a muffled too-deep bass. The top end suffers too. Voice is okay but not realistic. I have an old pair of Sennheiser PX100s which beat these silly yet only cost thirty quid - and are truly portable. Against a set of Grado R80i they're pants. Instrument palcement is indistinct. There's a volume control and a smartphone mic in the lead. Not mnuch point if the music is iffy. Given my criticisms, I definitely think they are over priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not comfortable, 5 Dec 2013
C. Hamer "chrisahamer" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are some pretty solid headphones but I must say that the comfort levels aren't great.

Sonically they were surprisingly rewarding, I felt that they performed well, the audio quality was solid with good high surprisingly deep lows and quite good highs. The midrange didn't get lost either.

On the other hand I found the plastic actually hurt after a while as they really did sit directly on my ear which was disappointing.

So really these are very good headphones and maybe it is just the shape of my head but they weren't super comfortable. I'd still be happy to recommend them though with the caveat of trying before buying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of headphones, 21 Nov 2013
Null Unit (England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
On first inspection I was surprised at the build quality of these headphones. There is a really nice sturdy feel to them.

When wearing them they don't feel too heavy and the cushions on each ear aren't too hard so are ideal for long periods.

The sound quality is OK. It didn't blow me away, it's lacking a bit of bass which is why I've removed a star.

Otherwise they work well and the in-line remote is handy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Mid-Level Headphones, 18 Nov 2013
A. Sinclair (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
After a couple of weeks using these headphones I am impressed by the build quality.
The headphone cups themselves are incredibly comfortable on the ears, and the arch is padded and adjustable, so again offers great comfort, and also good security on the go.
Also, the headphone lead is superb. It is much thicker in diameter that your average pair of headphones, and therefore much harder to bend or break.

Where these headphones fall down is the quality of the bass output. The mid-tones and high frequencies are excellent quality, but the bass end is muffled.
These should really only be considered as mid to entry level on-ear headphones, and therefore you should not expect too much from them. However, Dr. Dre Beats mid-entry level headphones offer a much better all-round sound, and would therefore offer a better option than the Creative MA2600.

So a plus on the build quality, but a minus on the sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality sound if you want headphones of this size..., 15 Nov 2013
uncle barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't usually buy headphones of this size as I find them too bulky for my purposes (I usually listen to music or talking books on the move) but was happy to get these to review and thought I would give them a go and share my views with you.

I am impressed with the sound quality of them - they have a deep rich sound to them - and highs and lows, bass and treble all sounds clear. Also they reduce outside noise which is always a big plus.

I've tested them with a number of different types of music (rock, classic, pop, talking books etc) and a number of different devices (mobile phone, mp3 player, DAB radio, TV and big meaty sound playing device!) and I really have little to complain about - nice clear sound from each of these devices.

So, soundwise 5 stars for me but too bulky for my needs (my ears get hot very quick!) so 4 stars overall.