5.0 out of 5 stars Very soulful, very true, another amazing fat freddy's album
I should fully disclose that I am a massive Fat Freddy's Drop fan so feel free to assume some bias, but know that I love them for good reason. I love the soulful, meaty sound their music carries, it all feels very deep and meaningful. The blend of grooves and tasty hooks are awesome. I hope you decide to give them a listen!
As for this album in particular, it is...
Published 13 months ago by Jack

3.0 out of 5 stars plodder
waited awhile for this,bit disapointed with the end product,it loses its way with pointless overlong tracks,but saying that its not bad ,just a bit "plodding"
Published 11 months ago by a k jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very soulful, very true, another amazing fat freddy's album, 3 July 2013
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
As for this album in particular, it is particularly soulful and there is a real light shined on the very involved vocal work. This added to their masterful pacing and beautiful drops and changes makes for a night of many eargasms (and more)!
And as for the autorip function on amazon that the other reviewer is complaining about - my autorip seems to be working fine, good even. It's a shame the issue couldn't be resolved without misleading potential listeners regarding the quality of the album.
Hope you all let this band into your life and that they bring you all the happiness and love that they have me :-)
Tl; dr - fat freddy's drop are amazing and continue to deliver those sweet, sweet goods with this latest album!

5.0 out of 5 stars I drop, 13 July 2013
K. Eden (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
Heard this in Fopp as I walked in and loved it from the start. My worry was that it might have been the latest UB40 album but as I listened more I was carried away by the sheer beauty of it.
I admit to having never heard of them so it's a complete joy to discover something new and refreshing.
As other reviewers have said it's soulful, funky, dubby and more. Downtown 70's reggae meets Memphis soul via Bill Withers and a splash of electro techno. Now to buy their earlier albums

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mistake on my part, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
So i brought this CD mistaking the band for the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Easy mistake as I was only vaguely aware of both groups and they both had the word drop in their names. Glad i did though as this CD is amazing. It starts off very dubby and soulful but by the end it has gone very housey and electronic. I gather they are a proper band so i can imagine them jamming some of these grooves out for hours before they record them.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEET JESUS THIS ALBUM ROCKS!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
I didn't purchase it over Amazon, but I can tell you now that this is an album worth getting, no matter where from. The lazy soul beats mixed with reggae undertones are just superb! There's electro elements in it and it just seriously makes a sweet mix of every kind of sound out there and it does it well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
really good service product exactly what I wanted and very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab album from Fat Freddys Drop, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
This was recommended by a friend and does not disappoint. Will be listening to this all summer. It is well worth the money !

5.0 out of 5 stars Honey on my ears, 3 Feb 2014
F. Vogel "UkemasterFin" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
A great album which you can put on at anytime. Think this is good? See them live!! ;) Colston Hall 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift to me, 9 Jan 2014
Thought I'd treat myself to a bit of Fat Freddy while shopping for everyone else's presents, glad I did.
Put it on in the car when it arrived before Christmas and only took it off yesterday. three weeks isn't a record (that's held by Ed Solo) but it's a really nice album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great listen, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
Never heard before: took a punt. Made me smile! Varied styles that might not be to everyone's taste but I was very happy with my 'punt'

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST THE BEST, 8 Jan 2014
Mr. P. Cooke - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackbird (Audio CD)
THIS ALBUM IS SUPERB...ITS REGGAE WITH A GREAT NEW SOUND.EVERYONE GO AND BUY THIS ALBUM NOW.ITS A MUST FOR EVERY COLLECTION...MY PERSONAL FAVAROTE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›